2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Nickelodeon Will Not Renew Winx for 7th Season
winxclubrox23
post Feb 27 2014, 4:19 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

As confirmed by Romi Dames, the voice of Musa, on her official Twitter, Nick will not be renewing Winx Club for a 7th season.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Feb 27 2014, 8:50 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

That does not surprise me at all. I am not sure how the ratings have been but it feels like season 6 have never really been given a proper chance as normally seasons are weekly not monthly and then its 2 in a row.

I do wonder what will happen to english winx now. It may be the case that only rai will do an english version now

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Feb 27 2014, 8:57 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Bummer.
Kendall112
post Feb 27 2014, 6:56 PM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

I saw this coming and I think it's for the best. I just hope the HUB or someone picks it up for English Speaking countries.

--------------------
Marswinx85
post Feb 27 2014, 11:50 PM
Post #5

A True Fairy

sad.gif but will people but the Italian ones in English for usa fans? I hate Nick

--------------------
I am huge Sailor Mars fan and Winx fan!!!
Avatar credit goes to Screaming Romeo!
Kendall112
post Feb 28 2014, 12:02 AM
Post #6

Bloomix Fairy

Nick UK just got PopPixie. Plus other countries have had Winx air on Nick before the US. Hopefully this only means the end of Winx on Nick in the US. I really want to hear what Rainbow has to say. Hopefully another network or distributor will pick the series up. Nicks promotion and advertising has been horrible ever since Season 5 started.

PLEASE "THE HUB" I BEG OF YOU. YOU ARE THE ONLY NETWORK THAT WILL DO THE WINX JUSTICE!

--------------------
dreamywinxgirl94
post Feb 28 2014, 12:33 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

What?!?! o.o (fainted) Seriously? I can't believe Nick is dropping Winx Club! >.<"" Does this mean Nick will no longer be working with Rainbow anymore after Season 6 with the Co-Production? =( Then no more Winx Dolls/Toys from Jakks Pacific. ='(

Argh!! I really hope USA still get to watch more Winx! It's the scheduling issues with Nick! -_-""

The other choice left for the provider is Disney (not sure about it)....I don't know any other channels that is willing to air Winx Club. Cartoon Network already had Winx and they were done with it.
--The only Disney Channel that aired Winx Club was Spain, I believe and still airing the episodes on Disney.--

EDITED: if another provider picks it up. I really hope they do the same voices on Nick! =/

This post has been edited by dreamywinxgirl94: Feb 28 2014, 12:46 AM

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

winxclubrox23
post Feb 28 2014, 3:53 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

What I'm really confused about is that when Nick picked up Winx, I thought the contract between them and Rainbow said season 6 AND 7? I wonder how they got out of that.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
mightymarty2
post Feb 28 2014, 8:20 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

The contract companies sign tend to have get out clauses so that one side or both can get out of the aggreement. The most common options are paying a lump sum, it the aggrement does not hit targets (my guess for winx) or failure of one side to level up to their aggreement

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
SpiderBraids
post Feb 28 2014, 12:46 PM
Post #10

Bloomix Fairy

@winxclubrox23: ISTR that the deal was for S5 and 6... But still... Why decide not to renew less than halfway through the season?? icon_confused.gif

@dreamywinxgirl94 and Kendall112: There would be some problems with Winx being picked up by those networks: Disney might perceive Winx as having killed W.i.t.c.h. (their own attempt at a magical girl franchise), while The Hub is partially owned by Hasbro, and I doubt that they'd be willing to let an outsider take a slice of the (Pinkie) pie... I'd be okay with Cartoon Network, as they've aired the series before in the 4K era. Just as long as they treat it decently...

I agree with dreamy about keeping the cast the same icon_smile.gif

--------------------
P-girl
post Feb 28 2014, 1:42 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

That said... Hasbro makes toys, right? And they have tried their hands at dolls (Jem and Equestria Girls spring to mind). Could they, maaaaybe pick it up and make the Winx toys for the U.S.? Y'know, in theory?

This post has been edited by P-girl: Feb 28 2014, 1:44 PM
Kendall112
post Mar 1 2014, 2:26 AM
Post #12

Bloomix Fairy

I can't see CN airing Winx Club until they start airing Totally Spies Season 6.

--------------------
willkz
post Mar 1 2014, 9:22 AM
Post #13

Charmix Fairy

its really lame of nickelodeon then why they dubbed s3 and s4.but its not a surprise of nickelodeon it canceled a lot of cool shows.for example victorious.
the only survived shows are icarly and spongebob.
i hope for rai english.
lalande
post Mar 16 2014, 11:17 AM
Post #14

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (willkz @ Mar 1 2014, 09:22 AM) *
its really lame of nickelodeon then why they dubbed s3 and s4.but its not a surprise of nickelodeon it canceled a lot of cool shows.for example victorious.
the only survived shows are icarly and spongebob.
i hope for rai english.

Victorious wasn't necessary nicks fault, Victoria Justice is kinds to blame for that.

Nick never seems to surprise me with Winx, they seem to always put winx at the back of its mind and I knew this would eventually happen. As for a new network, I doubt Disney US would air winx. They've never aired a show like that before and I don't think they will now. If you all remember Toon Disney, its gone and I feel like that's the only channel Disney would air it on.

Cartoon Network is great too, but didn't they drop Winx in the first place for a reason?

This post has been edited by lalande: Mar 16 2014, 11:18 AM

--------------------

Luke 101
P-girl
post Mar 16 2014, 12:32 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Wasn't Cartoon Network the one that dropped a successful show because the main viewing audience was mostly female? Yeah.... I doubt they pick up Winx.
Kendall112
post Mar 16 2014, 5:15 PM
Post #16

Bloomix Fairy

Toon Disney is now Disney XD and that channel mainly shows boy shows. Cartoon Network did air 4kids Winx for a while then dropped it for whatever reason, they also dropped Team Galaxy after only 4 days. Nick is picking up Mia and Me next month which is another show partnered with Rainbow, I wonder if Nick will just air Winx reruns on Teen Nick until another company comes around. The only logical choice is the hub and since it seems like JAKKs probably won't have Winx for much longer either, maybe Hasbro could pick up the toy line.

--------------------
Zhanneel
post Mar 22 2014, 1:53 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

After Fox 4Kids, and now Nick, have dropped the show, I too very much doubt someone else will pick up Winx. Unless they think they can advertise it better and successfully? The HUB has been pretty entrepreneurial, but I'm not sure they'd even pick it up. They could advertise it with MLP if they did, and that would be great for the female viewership. I have a feeling that this particular Italian show has caused contract problems for North America over and over in the past decade, and that Straffi has a few too many demands that broad-casting networks find suffocating. Just a guess, but I'm getting that impression.

Makes me sad, because I was really enjoying this new Season 6. icon_sad.gif
P-girl
post Mar 22 2014, 3:16 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

I dunno. I've seen a lot of female-led animated shows getting offed in the U.S. for no reason then that they ARE female-led animated shows in the recent years. The only exception being My Little Pony; Friendship is Magic, and that has a HUGE male viewer base that kind of has co-opted the show.
That might also be a cause.
Or both.
Zhanneel
post Mar 22 2014, 5:27 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I could see that somewhat. The HUB certainly likes the fact that the MLP series is getting great ratings across both genders (and many age groups). So maybe US networks are cherry picking for shows that have dual appeal, to both girls and boys. Like The Legend of Korra, and just about every teen Nick and Disney channel show that exists now. That would be sad if the days of good 'ol girly cartoons was over (at least in the US). I always wanted Nick to branch out and make a full Monster High series, but with the ratings that Winx have gotten I doubt they'd go for that now. If they'd advertise the shows better and give them better time blocks I bet it could be a success, especially if they made it some sort of girl's cartoon block. No one wants to take a chance? Or maybe girls are growing up earlier and earlier, and spending less time on the tv and more time on smart phones or iPads...

Well, there are probably lots of theories, but I'm not happy that no one can properly finish out the Winx franchise here. If only I had the money to back it, ha.
Kendall112
post Apr 8 2014, 12:25 AM
Post #20

Bloomix Fairy

According to this article, Rainbow will still be partnered with Nickelodeon for Season 7
http://www.worldscreen.com/articles/displa...bow-nickelodeon
So it's only Nick US that's getting rid of Winx.

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Fast ReplyAdd Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 4:23 PM