Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> 9 (filler)
wkw427
post Nov 15 2009, 8:26 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I just saw 9 and it was... a sub-sub-par movie. You don't know what is going on for the first hour of it and the whole movie seems to take place in a span of an hour or so.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Go to the top of the page
Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 15 2009, 8:47 PM
Post #2

Mythix Fairy

well, i've seen it a month ago, and really, i was pretty impressed. not much animated films nowdays are refleсting about something serious. in that case, it's about soul, it's meaning and cost.
yes, first half of the film doesn't suppose to have any sence or even long dialogs and conversations, but in the end, it makes you think about things, you know...

--------------------
Glory to the Sin'doray!!!

Forum set by *Stella*. Thank you so much! Official image by Blizzard Co.

Userbar made by jah-jah. thank you so much :)
Oh, and the main thing, HERE AM I!
P-girl
post Nov 15 2009, 8:49 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Off topic:

What do you mean 'not much animated films nowdays are refleсting about something serious'? I can name four from the top of my head. Two being Pixar;

Wall-E (The current state of mankind and how we lock ourselves away from others, as well as the nature of free will. And taking responsibility for one's actions.)
Up (Dealing with grief and the nature of Friendship and what makes a life fullfilling)
Ghost in the shell; Innocence (Various musings on the aspect of life in a gradually more mechanized world)
Waltz with Bashir (War and how it affects people, more importantly, the common footsoldier)

This post has been edited by P-girl: Nov 15 2009, 8:52 PM
wkw427
post Nov 15 2009, 8:58 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Speaking of which, I should watch Up. Is it in dvd yet?

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
P-girl
post Nov 15 2009, 8:59 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I dunno, probably not yet. But go and see it if it is, it's a good movie and had me bawling (That takes a LOT)
Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 15 2009, 9:04 PM
Post #6

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Nov 15 2009, 11:49 PM) *
Off topic:

What do you mean 'not much animated films nowdays are refleсting about something serious'? I can name four from the top of my head. Two being Pixar;

Wall-E (The current state of mankind and how we lock ourselves away from others)
Up (Dealing with grief and the nature of Friendship and what makes a life fullfilling)
Ghost in the shell; Innocence (Various musings on the aspect of life in a gradually more mechanized world)
Waltz with Bashir (War and how it affects people, more importantly, the footsoldier)

well, looks like i was wrong, but i didn't mean common problems like which you listed.
what i meant, is global, deep and kind of dangerous problems, like different religions. the meaning and the cost of soul. interpretation of that theme is always different.
the film itself was localized in russia by orthodox church, i mean- scenario was, interpretation of the soul meaning etc. i did see the difference between it and original one.
can you tell me any other film that took up religeous problems?

--------------------

paint-shani
post Nov 15 2009, 9:05 PM
Post #7

Enchantix Fairy

uhm

what's this movie about?
P-girl
post Nov 15 2009, 9:09 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Dark_Side_Master @ Nov 15 2009, 10:04 PM) *
well, looks like i was wrong, but i didn't mean common problems like which you listed.
what i meant, is global, deep and kind of dangerous problems, like different religions. the meaning and the cost of soul. interpretation of that theme is always different.
the film itself was localized in russia by orthodox church, i mean- scenario was, interpretation of the soul meaning etc. i did see the difference between it and original one.
can you tell me any other film that took up religeous problems?

Because, y'know, the conflict in Israel (Like in Waltz with Bashir) isn't deep and kind of dangerous, expecially since that whole conflict has roots in religion. Or the questions asked in Ghost in the Shell 2; Innocence, where the nature of life is questioned, where the main question is what makes humans, humans. And yes, they do touch upon religion.
And calling Wall-E and Up simple? Sure, they can be enjoyed by people of all ages, but the true meanings are very deep.

Please do some research before you shoot films down for being 'Simple'. Innocence is one of the most philosophically complex movies I've ever seen and Waltz with Bashir ranks up there to.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Nov 15 2009, 9:10 PM
Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 15 2009, 9:12 PM
Post #9

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Nov 16 2009, 12:09 AM) *
Please do some research before you shoot films down for being 'Simple'. Innocence is one of the most philosophically complex movies I've ever seen and Waltz with Bashir ranks up there to.

everyone has his own oppinion, and so do i. believe me, i clearly know what i'm talking about.

--------------------

P-girl
post Nov 15 2009, 9:17 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

You've seen 'Waltz with Bashir' and 'Ghost in the shell; Innocence'? (Legit question, I always want to discuss these movies but I always get a 'Meh, never watched them' answer)
Dark_Side_Master
post Nov 15 2009, 9:20 PM
Post #11

Mythix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Nov 16 2009, 12:17 AM) *
You've seen 'Waltz with Bashir' and 'Ghost in the shell; Innocence'? (Legit question, I always want to discuss these movies but I always get a 'Meh, never watched them' answer)

sorry, but "Meh, never watched them". i'll watch them tomorrow if i'll have time. but for now, i'll better just go for a sleep.

--------------------

P-girl
post Nov 15 2009, 9:22 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

G'night, and hopefully you'll rethink your statement of calling these movies 'Simple'. (They're really, really not.)

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th April 2024 - 1:09 PM