Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >  
Add Reply
> Which English Version Of Winx Club Is Better?
4kids or Rai?
Which one do you like better?
4kids English [ 20 ]  [33.33%]
Rai Englsh [ 40 ]  [66.67%]
Total Votes: 58
Guests cannot vote 
P-girl
post Sep 24 2009, 7:41 PM
Post #101

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Just trying to make a point and add in my two cents..... sorry.....
Go to the top of the page
{§hani}
post Sep 26 2009, 11:32 AM
Post #102

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

well overall the 4kids voices arent really all that exagerated, they have a realistic twange and besides i can recognize whose who!!! in rai due i just get confused = w = its horrible.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Music123
post Sep 26 2009, 12:20 PM
Post #103

Cosmix Fairy

Huh??? Sorry to change the topic but the amout of votes, adds up to 40 yet it says the total amout of votes is 38...

--------------------

Credits to love and winx for siggy
P-girl
post Sep 26 2009, 12:30 PM
Post #104

Cosmix Fairy

Maybe..... some non-members voted? *Is totally guessing*
And is it me, or has the 4Kids side has become a bit..... fierce?

Don't get me wrong, you have the right to your opinion and to back it up with argument.... but keep it cool, respectful and let others have their opinions, even if they differ from yours. Respect Rai, as we try to respect 4Kids.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Sep 26 2009, 12:32 PM
rano0oma
post Sep 26 2009, 1:05 PM
Post #105

Butterflix Fairy

rai all the way... i watched the rai version first and completed it fully then i said i wanna see the 4kids version maybe it's better..

when it played i was stunned. first the opening was completely ridiculous (that is only my opinion so no offence to any1) they cut the begging of the first episode and put it in the center of the episode and then in episode 5 they took a scene from episode 12 and put it in episode 5....i couldn't go on to watch it or i was gonna have a brain damage..but i have to admit the voices were catchy, except tecna's i don't think the british accent suits her, cause it makes her even more, umm...how do i say this...emotionless

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 26 2009, 1:07 PM
Post #106

Cosmix Fairy

.... This goes to Rai defenders to, please treat the opposing faction with respect.
mightymarty2
post Sep 26 2009, 3:16 PM
Post #107

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

i am not sure why, i thought non members cannot vote

I am not going to comment as i have not seen rai and 4 kids to be able to compare fairly. Where in my opinion you need to watch 2 or 3 min

I think we have a problem of people getting defensive of there version and one person makes a comment either aggressive or taken in the wrong context and it esculates.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
winxclubrox23
post Sep 27 2009, 1:51 AM
Post #108

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (P-girl @ Sep 24 2009, 12:41 PM) *
Just trying to make a point and add in my two cents..... sorry.....

Yeah, same here. Sorry, I tend to get...defensive when talking about 4kids.

QUOTE ({§hani™} @ Sep 26 2009, 04:32 AM) *
well overall the 4kids voices arent really all that exagerated, they have a realistic twange and besides i can recognize whose who!!! in rai due i just get confused = w = its horrible.

Yes. I agree with that whole-heartedly.

QUOTE (P-girl @ Sep 26 2009, 05:30 AM) *
And is it me, or has the 4Kids side has become a bit..... fierce?

Don't get me wrong, you have the right to your opinion and to back it up with argument.... but keep it cool, respectful and let others have their opinions, even if they differ from yours. Respect Rai, as we try to respect 4Kids.

I never said I hated Rai, nor did I say anything about your opinions being wrong. I'm simply stating mine. Like I said, I can get somewhat defensive 4kids wise.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
P-girl
post Sep 27 2009, 8:28 AM
Post #109

Cosmix Fairy

I wasn't talking about a specific person..... but you gotta agree, saying the version don't like nearly gave you brain damage went a bit far.
{§hani}
post Sep 27 2009, 9:49 AM
Post #110

Cosmix Fairy

im with mazei.. none of us really went over the top. over the top is as to go as far as to insult rai due likers.. and i believie we've all respectfully stated our opinions not insulted people.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
MsAngelAdorer
post Sep 27 2009, 2:51 PM
Post #111

Pixie

Group: New Members

After comparing many episodes in Rai English and 4kids, I have come to the conclusion that I still prefer the 4kids version.

Now, it's not just because I grew up with it and like their voices better, I simply prefer it. I think 4kids has better music, I like some of the name changes like from Domino to Sparks and from Valtor to Baltor, and I do like the plot changes better. Sure, they did almost completely change the story, but personally I prefer the changed storyline.

Now, Rai is good since they stuck to the original's music, lines, and story. And I have no problem with either version, I just don't like the original.

That's just my opinion on the matter.
winxclubrox23
post Sep 27 2009, 5:40 PM
Post #112

Cosmix Fairy

Yes, I prefer 4kids because of the voices, some of the cuts, did I mention the voices? And the music.

Rai's good because they have the original lines, and not too many plotholes. Whereas 4kids has had to cover up ending "oops" changes. Like Musa being a princess for example.

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Sep 27 2009, 5:52 PM
Post #113

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Mazei AD @ Sep 27 2009, 10:46 AM) *
I don't really think 4kids really cover up any mistakes, because for example, in the 4kids version Musa was a princess, then they have to do more changes to make things fit, like, in the episode in which she meets the actual princess of Melody... What did they say Melody was in the 4kids version, a normal girl from the kingdom?

Actually that did kinda work. Since they dropped the whole princess thing after season 1, she wasn't considered a princess anymore.

What they did though, was say that they were both from the Harmonic realm, but said Musa was from a different planet, Galatea was the princess of the entire realm. Hmm...I wonder how realms are things work. Is a realm a city? Or is it a section with cities in it. In this case, is a realm a planet or is it an area with many planets in it? I'm going to look into that. I'm all curious now! Lol.

---

Edit: Alright, this is what a realm is:

Realm: a royal domain; kingdom

Hm, that actually makes sense. Galatea and Musa are both from the same realm, but different planets.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Sep 27 2009, 5:56 PM

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Sep 27 2009, 5:58 PM
Post #114

Cosmix Fairy

Haha, I think that'd actually b pretty cool. XD

--------------------

winxclubfan2005
post Oct 19 2010, 1:45 AM
Post #115

Earth Girl

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ Aug 11 2008, 03:24 PM) *
I think if they don't really know Latin, they shouldn't pretend to know it either =P. I have come to terms with their usage of silly Latin-type spells, but good grief, why not just come up with their own English spells. Or just keep the original spells from the Rai version.

I believe that it is called "pig Latin", but getting back on topic, I would say that I would like to have the the Rai English Script combined with some of the 4Kids voices. Also, in both versions, I would cut back on the cheesy sayings.
imdepressedxo
post Oct 22 2010, 3:17 PM
Post #116

Cosmix Fairy

RAI, no doubt about it

--------------------
Dead Forums Q_Q RIP

Kaylin
post Oct 25 2010, 4:03 AM
Post #117

Believix Fairy

Well, I know this topic is rather old, but I think I'll reply anyways. xD

I like both versions, but I prefer 4kids, since it's the version I've been watching since 2004. xD

But I think Winx would be flawless if they merged both the versions- like, if they kept the voices, music, sound effects, and etc. of the 4kids version, and kept the dialogue of RAI, since it's closer to the original Italian version.
eliza
post May 13 2019, 12:02 PM
Post #118

Earth Girl

This is super irrelevant but someone please tell me how I got here, it's 2019 and I just read this whole thread. Sure I like winx but couldn't care less about the dubbed versions, they're both awful when I grew up with the Italian. This is a new low of procrastination help
Bloomfan4ever
post Jun 21 2019, 3:40 AM
Post #119

Earth Girl

I watched 4Kids until season 4 came out, then I watched RAI. I have to say I literally have no problems. I recently finished season 7. Safe to say it made me cry a bit. Can’t wait for season 8! I have no preference. As long as I get to watch all the seasons in English I’m happy. :)
Zhanneel
post Apr 7 2020, 12:57 PM
Post #120

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

QUOTE (eliza @ May 13 2019, 8:02 AM) *
This is super irrelevant but someone please tell me how I got here, it's 2019 and I just read this whole thread. Sure I like winx but couldn't care less about the dubbed versions, they're both awful when I grew up with the Italian. This is a new low of procrastination help

Well, even though you may never read this reply, I felt compelled to say something. I think generally the "original series" of any show will always be in some ways the "best", if only because that is the truest depiction created by the producer/designer/director, etc. Basically, it is Straffi's direct creation--dialogue, language, intonation, music, etc.

However, two points:

1) I think most people, while they may say all original Disney movies in English are the "truest" (due to the Westernized jokes, dialogue, etc made by the creation team), would also argue that seeing it in their own language is going to be the "best". There is something grand about watching a show in your own dialogue, even using colloquialisms native to where you grew up. You feel more deeply connected to the characters.

2) Spring-boarding off of my last point, there are many viewers (myself included) that believe updating an original form art (in this case, Winx Club Season 1), can really benefit a cartoon or show. For the sake of my theory, let's say that Straffi rushed the production of each episode or didn't have a large budget. Maybe he wasn't able to cast voice actors or voice directors that really fit the part or wasn't able to do the music full justice. And it being early in his production career, maybe he didn't have a huge knowledge base of how to fully create a well-rounded cartoon (yet). (Just compare Season 1 with Season 3 in how well Straffi updated the voices/music/dialogue with more experience.) In that case, the show may suffer in ways that a foreign entity (i.e. 4Kids) could "enhance" it.

I'm by no means saying the changes are canon...but when you're trying to grab the attention of a young audience that has a 30 second attention span, entities like 4Kids were going to update it for their target audience. And a company like 4Kids already had experience in knowing how kids would react to voices (stereotypical and over-the-top make for good cartoon drama and flair, recognizable differences between characters for kids, etc), updated/dramatic music, and of course, localization--something almost every foreign cartoon goes through when being dubbed. (Well, less likely today than 15 years ago since globalization has really helped connect and unify different cultures/countries. Especially in today's animes--users generally can't stand changed dialogue.)

In some ways kid's cartoons are like Broadway musicals. Musicals always go over-the-top with stage make up, gesticulations, voice casting, dialogue, scenery, jokes, and music. (There is a place for realism of course, but not usually in a fantastical and colorful musical. Nothing wrong with realism. icon_wink.gif I think many animes go the realism route today.)

Buuuut...in the end these are still just my opinions and reasonings.

So...throughout this long, windy path I just laid out, I guess my conclusion is people will like what they like best. It's what we grew up with that determines how we enjoy television and cartoons. But even though I greatly prefer the 4Kids dub over all over dubs, I'm not down on the original Italian or English Rai dubs. For those that grew up with it, they will prefer it. I grew up on exaggerated voices and Westernized jokes and localization, so I prefer the 4Kids. Not a problem, they all have merit.

On a side note, am I the only one who loved Tecna having a British accent in the 4Kids dub? (PS - in the USA, having a British accent is equated with having high intelligence. It's a stereotype of course, but a flattering one.)

QUOTE (Bloomfan4ever @ Jun 20 2019, 11:40 PM) *
I watched 4Kids until season 4 came out, then I watched RAI. I have to say I literally have no problems. I recently finished season 7. Safe to say it made me cry a bit. Can’t wait for season 8! I have no preference. As long as I get to watch all the seasons in English I’m happy. :)

Exactly! I'm just happy I can watch it in English.

7 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 8:33 AM