Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> College, Going to College
Lein
post May 11 2010, 2:12 AM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: Members

Well the school year is almost over and pretty soon I'll be going to college. The more that I think about the more sad I feel. All of my friends are all going to different colleges and some of them are going together but I am going by myself. And well i'm afraid that I won't be able to do that or that I would get homesick and can't handle it and would drop out or something. So if anybody have any advice on how to deal with it or how college is like. And if anybody had transfer before, because the college that I am going to is not my first choice and I would like to know if transferring is good.

Any advices would be nice.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post May 11 2010, 7:15 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well I have never done college before however I had gone some where were there were not many people I knew and I never really see them due to different course and classes. I found that there were a lot in the same boat so people are more willing to get to know new people, so there is still plenty of time to make friends. I assume they will do an induction day/week where you get to know others in your class. Also as you are staying away from home you will br living some where with I assume other students at the college so you will keep meeting them and there is another opprtunity for more friends. Remember there is aways e-mail, msn, phone calls etc to keep in contact with your current friends.

Good luck with everything

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Sen
post May 12 2010, 9:22 AM
Post #3

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (Lein @ May 11 2010, 04:12 AM) *
Well the school year is almost over and pretty soon I'll be going to college. The more that I think about the more sad I feel. All of my friends are all going to different colleges and some of them are going together but I am going by myself. And well i'm afraid that I won't be able to do that or that I would get homesick and can't handle it and would drop out or something. So if anybody have any advice on how to deal with it or how college is like. And if anybody had transfer before, because the college that I am going to is not my first choice and I would like to know if transferring is good.

Any advices would be nice.

It sounds worse than it actually is =)
I had this last year, I thought I'd lose everyone ... in the end you just see each other less but you stay friends. Actually, the bond gets better because you see each other less o-o
The first day: try to talk with a LOT of people! =D That helps! ^-^ In college there aren't any prejudices and so on, it's a fresh start =)

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
stormprincess777
post Jun 15 2010, 2:30 PM
Post #4

Enchantix Fairy

Well this was my first year of college and it was not bad at all. It was really good because I had more free time. You do not have to worry, my friends all went to different colleges. I missed them but it is better because you get to meet new people and when you see your friends again it will be great. Don't worry. It is a great experience.

--------------------

Thanks to Misha for the lovely siggy!!
winxclub-joy
post Sep 19 2010, 1:53 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Well.... I'm a freshman in an art college now.... It's not bad. You will get to meet new friends, no worries =)

If you find that current college is not suitable for you.... Maybe you should try apply for transfer. It's your own choice overall, nobody will force you.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 4:49 PM