Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rai Due Discussion

Peekers, read these posts at your own risk, don't blame the members, if you get spoiled.

Add Reply
> Are the VAs different in Rai than 4KIDS?
iluvbloom
post Feb 24 2011, 11:34 PM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: Members

Hello fellow fairies!

This question may seem dumb or obvious,but I really want to know the answer! I've only ever seen the 4Kids version of Winx Club. But the other week I watched a clip on YouTube that was a Rai version and the voices were Nothing alike!!! I was really horrified! LOL!

So,are the voice actresses different in the 4Kids and Rai versions? Also,are the voices in the English versions of the movies different?
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Feb 25 2011, 8:44 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Yes the voice actors are different and I cannot recal for the movie if Rai changed the voice actors, I don't think they did though.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
dreamywinxgirl94
post Feb 25 2011, 8:42 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Yep as Marty stated.

4Kids.tv is an American Version (They changed the songs, cut scenes, change scripts, played by American/British Actresses and Actors)
Rai English is the Original English Dub from Rainbow S.p.A (No changes, but mainly the Voices kept changing. Their voices mostly are British/Asian English depends on the English Accent.)

As for the movie, yeah they changed the voices. It sounds like similar to 4kids.tv voices (Some Voices) and they also cut some scenes in the movie, but 4Kids.tv did not control this. Another company did...I don't remember the name though. ^^"

This post has been edited by dreamywinxgirl94: Feb 25 2011, 8:46 PM

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

iluvbloom
post Feb 26 2011, 2:59 AM
Post #4

Pixie

Oh I see! That's interesting! I just assumed that since both versions are in the English language,it would all be the same! I really adore Bloom's voice in the 4Kids version,I don't know why,I just find it so enjoyable to listen to,so pretty and unique.

Which version do most people prefer? Also,I've heard that there will be new voices once Nickelodeon takes over..is that for 4Kids or Rai?
iluvbloom
post Mar 2 2011, 3:16 PM
Post #5

Pixie

Oh I see! That's really interesting! I thought that since both verions are English,they'd be the same!

Isn't Nickelodeon going to change the voices? I hope they keep Bloom's voice the same!
animefan32
post Mar 11 2011, 10:17 PM
Post #6

A True Fairy

QUOTE (dreamywinxgirl94 @ Feb 25 2011, 02:42 PM) *
Yep as Marty stated.

4Kids.tv is an American Version (They changed the songs, cut scenes, change scripts, played by American/British Actresses and Actors)
Rai English is the Original English Dub from Rainbow S.p.A (No changes, but mainly the Voices kept changing. Their voices mostly are British/Asian English depends on the English Accent.)

Um Rai's VA's don't have any British or Asian accents that i noticed, i looked up the VA's they're mostly from Canada, some of them are from shows like Arthur etc.

Edit: Nvm I misread your comment again, i thought it said the VA's were British and Asian etc. my apologies

This post has been edited by animefan32: Mar 11 2011, 10:19 PM
dreamywinxgirl94
post Mar 11 2011, 11:10 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

That's okay, animefan32. Yeah, I count Canada as British because they followed the British English Language instead of the American English Language. ^^" Some voices are Asian, depends on their English Accent. =)

--------------------

animefan32
post Mar 15 2011, 10:22 PM
Post #8

A True Fairy

QUOTE (dreamywinxgirl94 @ Mar 11 2011, 06:10 PM) *
That's okay, animefan32. Yeah, I count Canada as British because they followed the British English Language instead of the American English Language. ^^" Some voices are Asian, depends on their English Accent. =)

I never noticed that but it wouldn't be surprising, idk why but i just love the rai version, i think it's because the dialogue sticks true to the original and the voices fit the characters even though they do changes voices alot like in the beginning i think i heard like 3 different voices for musa
dreamywinxgirl94
post Mar 18 2011, 9:03 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I understand. =) I have trouble sticking to RAI English Version cause I can't get myself to get use to their voices. ^^" But I really love the songs better than 4kids.tv ^_^ Maybe, I should take it slow (but takes time for me) in RAI English because I know 4kids.tv had deleted some of the scenes. =/

This post has been edited by dreamywinxgirl94: Mar 18 2011, 9:05 PM

--------------------

Zentron
post Mar 21 2011, 2:07 AM
Post #10

Butterflix Fairy

QUOTE (dreamywinxgirl94 @ Mar 18 2011, 09:03 PM) *
Yeah, I understand. =) I have trouble sticking to RAI English Version cause I can't get myself to get use to their voices. ^^" But I really love the songs better than 4kids.tv ^_^ Maybe, I should take it slow (but takes time for me) in RAI English because I know 4kids.tv had deleted some of the scenes. =/
They cut a lot, swapped scenes around and changed the dialogue, which came around to bite them in their backsides many many times over. The 4Kids voices were the same voice actors that they have been using for years, which might be the reason you and many others might not be able to get into the Rai voices so easily, as you are too familiar with the 4Kids ones, even though technically speaking, the Rai ones are better.

This post has been edited by Zentron: Mar 21 2011, 2:08 AM

--------------------

- My Winx Club dedicated forum. Wallpapers, images, games, Rai English episode D/L, etc.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 9:54 PM