Add Reply
> The Chair Committee
Rating 5 V
terriordx32
post Sep 2 2010, 2:44 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

So i have an idea. I think Magix Club should take some members and have them be apart of the Chair Committee. They would be in charge of holding events, contests, different ways of creating entertainment for the site. I think the committee could be about 6-7 people.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Sep 2 2010, 7:18 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

It could be a good idea. However I am assuming that other members who come up with something can still bring up their idea and this means it becomes a little bit of a problem. As that member would most probably want to be in charge of their idea and not a committee which they are not involved in.

However I think your idea could be adapted/added to and have a group of members (maybe not the same ones) who say are willing to be judges, hosts, keep people's entry's anonymous and make sure people follow the rules of the contest. They of course can opt out if they want to compete but it gives people the knowledge that its likely that someone will be able to do some of the other jobs required if the contest creator cannot or needs more people

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Anime Princess
post Sep 2 2010, 7:34 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

No mater what i am going to be the one controling the shoutbox balls ok

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

Winx4eva!
post Sep 2 2010, 2:35 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I like that idea, and I really would like it if I could be apart of that. I love being envoled in anything.

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
humbu111
post Sep 2 2010, 9:58 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Sounds good to me, but I'm wondering if we'll get an an official response to this topic or not <.<

I think a good way to pick the core committee members is probably to start with those who already host activities and such on their own. I can think of about 5 members? Then depending on that maybe more members could be added to it or something if they want to and it seems like it would help.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Anime Princess
post Sep 3 2010, 6:27 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

also around christmas time im hosting a special yearly round of awards

--------------------

W.I.N.X
post Sep 3 2010, 10:02 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

I think this sounds like a great idea! It'd really help the lagging forum, which I've admittedly dropped off of a bit. But I'm here to stay, nothing will keep me away icon_biggrin.gif. And this might be a good idea to see the forum back.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Jahnavi
post Sep 3 2010, 1:51 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

It could be a good idea. However I am assuming that other members who come up with something can still bring up their idea and this means it becomes a little bit of a problem. As that member would most probably want to be in charge of their idea and not a committee which they are not involved in.

I think the basic principle is that anyone, committee or not, can put forth an idea. The committee themselves would just decide how feasible it would be for the forums, and how to execute it.

...And I'm all for this. I think it's a great idea. =D

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
terriordx32
post Sep 3 2010, 4:35 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

@AP: Just because you control SB balls doesn't mean if somebody has an idea for a dance or mixer they would have to take it up with you.

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ Sep 3 2010, 09:51 AM) *
I think the basic principle is that anyone, committee or not, can put forth an idea. The committee themselves would just decide how feasible it would be for the forums, and how to execute it.

...And I'm all for this. I think it's a great idea. =D

You took the words out of my mouth.

QUOTE (humbu111 @ Sep 2 2010, 05:58 PM) *
Sounds good to me, but I'm wondering if we'll get an an official response to this topic or not <.<

I think a good way to pick the core committee members is probably to start with those who already host activities and such on their own. I can think of about 5 members? Then depending on that maybe more members could be added to it or something if they want to and it seems like it would help.

Well due to the topic that Joy posted, she basically said that we could do whatever we wanted. I highly doubt we will get the official word from any admin who has powers.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
humbu111
post Sep 3 2010, 8:04 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Well due to the topic that Joy posted, she basically said that we could do whatever we wanted. I highly doubt we will get the official word from any admin who has powers.

Thats true =O Aww I was hoping the committee members would get a new colour Okay so then we need a way for determining who's in the council. How does this sound? Whoever wants to be in it can post here to say so, and then everybody gets 3 votes (cant vote for yourself) and the top 7(?) members join the committee? Then whoever gets the most votes can make a member team and the discussions for it can go on in the team's forum.

--------------------

Anime Princess
post Sep 3 2010, 9:49 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

i would like to be on the chair comittee cos i already have a number of things planned and even if im not on the comittee i will still be holding the events im planing wheather you like it or not

--------------------

terriordx32
post Sep 3 2010, 10:48 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Whats with the attitude AP? Seriously, nobody said you couldnt do what you want to do and nobody is stopping you. So regardless if you on the committee or not, do you.

Anyways...

As for how the picking of the Members, I like humbu's idea. So i guess we could make a voting thread and limit everybody to 2 votes for a participant excluding themselves?

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
winxclubrox23
post Sep 3 2010, 11:31 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

QUOTE (W.I.N.X @ Sep 3 2010, 03:02 AM) *
It'd really help the lagging forum, which I've admittedly dropped off of a bit. But I'm here to stay, nothing will keep me away.

Not guilty by reason of insanity. xD

I think it's a fantastic idea. We need some fun events, and this would really help stimulate them. =)

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
humbu111
post Sep 4 2010, 1:45 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (terriordx32 @ Sep 3 2010, 06:48 PM) *
As for how the picking of the Members, I like humbu's idea. So i guess we could make a voting thread and limit everybody to 2 votes for a participant excluding themselves?

I dont think its possible to limit it to a certain number of votes, its either one vote or as many as you like =/ So we would either need to make the voting public through posting in a topic, or I can set up the MagixClubAwardsVoting account for people to pm their votes to. But while we decide that, we still need a list of people running for a spot on the committee, so should we post an announcement or just have the people post here? I personally think an announcement would be better to make sure everyone knows whats going on and has an opportunity to submit their name.

--------------------

terriordx32
post Sep 4 2010, 3:30 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Okay everybody, so here's how we're thinking of doing it, if you have any improvements or modifications then post and we'll talk it over.

There are 7 spots for the committee. If you think you would be able to contribute as a member of the committee, then post in this topic. If we dont get 7 by Sunday, then all of the people who wanted in are in. If more than 7 people post saying they are interested by then, we will hold a public vote and the first 7 people to receive 3 votes each will make it into the committee.

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
angel123
post Sep 4 2010, 3:47 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i want a spot lol, just letting people know that would like to vote for me ^_^

--------------------
Thanx jah, i love it ^_^
humbu111
post Sep 4 2010, 3:55 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Sounds perfect to me. I was going to say I think 5 members would be better, but this way even if real life strikes and takes hold on some committee members, the committee would still be able to function.

Just to add on though for if it comes to voting: everyone would have 3 votes (you dont have to use all 3), you cannot vote for someone more than once, and you cannot vote for yourself. Sound good?

I'm in icon_biggrin.gif

--------------------

{§hani}
post Sep 4 2010, 4:29 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

sounds good ill join in!
mind if i an be a nominee? since im organising MCF~DA stuff??

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
terriordx32
post Sep 4 2010, 4:33 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Yay, thanks guys for joining.

I will compile a list of everybody who said they wanted to be apart of the committee, If you want to be on just say so but as of now the following people have been put on the list:

1. Terriordx32
2. Humbu
3. Mish
4. Shani
5. AP
6. Angel
7. Tea
8. Jahnavi

This post has been edited by terriordx32: Sep 4 2010, 5:29 AM

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
winxclubrox23
post Sep 4 2010, 5:20 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Tea wants to have a a spoooot!

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 9:57 PM