Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> You know... why isn't Stormy as strong as she should be?, Seriously, the girl can control the freaking weather
MorriganAensland
post Apr 18 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I got this idea when I was watching Kamen Rider Double recently and its been bothering me.

Long story short, in Kamen Rider Double, one of the antagonists has the power to manipulate the Weather. And he's shown to be powerful. Very, very powerful. And the reason is how versatile and varied his abilities are. Whereas most of the characters on the show only have one or two abilities, this guy has (to date), electrified people, frozen them solid, drowned them, summoned gigantic tornadoes, caused clouds to darken the sky so much it becomes pitch-black, etc.

And in the Winx Club, we have Darcy, who on paper should be the strongest of the Witches. Icy's powers should be ridiculously easy for her to emulate, and Darcy's might be a bit more of a challenge, but depending on how you define "weather" this could apply to eclipses and then she's got a whole new area of domain to have fun with.

... Just throwing this out there for people to think about and discuss, really.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
Tash
post Apr 18 2010, 1:07 AM
Post #2

Harmonix Fairy

Well, her power is just...tornadoes. It keeps people in the air for a few seconds, that's basically it. Since she is the third one in the group she doesn't get to you her powers as much as Icy or Darcy and she only has one spell(I think) whereas Icy and Darcy have at least three.

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Apr 18 2010, 1:09 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Really? Just tornadoes?

Jeez, talk about getting the short end of the stick.

--------------------

wkw427
post Apr 18 2010, 1:39 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

She is the youngest, and doesn't have the patience of concentration to refine her powers. She is a kill now, think later person. Whereas Icy is a kill now, laugh lager, and then get beaten person. Darcy appears to be the think now, try to kill, insult about her fialure later

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
MorriganAensland
post Apr 18 2010, 1:54 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

... Such a shame too. They go from being relatively competent and planning villains in season 1 and then in 2 and 3 they're just underlings of the main villain.

And the only way the writers could think of making them a genuine threat again was getting possessed by their ancestors, by the looks of it. V_V

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Apr 18 2010, 5:01 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I agree!

I think the only reason Icy's the leader, is because of her personality and Darcy and Stormy are afraid of her? But anyways, Stormy I think, should have the potential to be much, much stronger than she appears. Darcy too even.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Jahnavi
post Apr 18 2010, 6:38 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I agree with Wkw. She probably just doesn't care to develop her powers that much, because she rarely thinks the attacks through.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
mightymarty2
post Apr 18 2010, 7:04 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well stormy only seems to focus on wind based attacks, i think shes too impulsive and she is not that well trained.

Icy is deffinatly the strongest though I see Icy as the strongest and darcy and stormy are fairly equal

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Apr 18 2010, 8:10 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

I always taught her powers were lightning based..... y'know, like zapping stuff.
Jahnavi
post Apr 18 2010, 1:46 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Well, all the spells/attacks I've recalled her actually using in the show have all been some forms of tornadoes or lightning.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post Apr 18 2010, 1:50 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Well, I think it's the same as with Valtor's sudden power drop: she'd be too strong for the heroines.
MorriganAensland
post Apr 18 2010, 4:05 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

I really wish they would have done something with the witches in the third season. Simply because they should have realized by then that things never really worked out for them. Darcy especially, she's the planner of the group and you'd think she'd be able to realize what always happened to them.

But you can't always get what you want and at least they quietly pushed the Silly Rabbit Cereal Squad off to the side so they can make a better impression in the movie.

--------------------

P-girl
post Apr 18 2010, 4:13 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Season 3 was filled to the brim with wasted potential. The skipped over home realms, Cassandra and her daughter, fairy Mirta, Griffin's previous allegiance with Valtor and the Witches, Valtor's origin as, basically, a construct, Bloom's Enchantix, I can't be the only one that went 'What about EARTH?!' during her 'I don't have a way to gain my Enchantix 'cause my planet's dead, boohoo'-moods, etc.

I sure hope the 2nd movie has them back on top as the badass and nasty foes that they were. As far as I've seen Season 4, they've learned from some mistakes.

This post has been edited by P-girl: Apr 18 2010, 4:13 PM
mightymarty2
post Apr 18 2010, 9:00 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

While I aggree with the waste especially tecna (potentially a very interesting planet), valtor etc being wasted. Bloom's planet is sparx not earth. I doubt earth would have counted even if she lived there her whole life after being sent there

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Apr 18 2010, 9:05 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Why not? It could be a nice lesson about your true home not being where you were born, but being where you grew up, and where you have the fondest memories. Same goes for parents. And I'm really impressed by Winx actually exploring this dilemma with having two sets of parents for Bloom, one she has known for all her life and one that is her blood-related set of parents. Which one would be considered her true parents? But that might just be my personal experience.
MorriganAensland
post Apr 19 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

No, it's a good idea. And it deserves props for the fact it didn't go the route of either her adoptive or birth parents being horrible people.

--------------------

wkw427
post Apr 19 2010, 12:58 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

I think her birth parents are going to end up being the horrible people

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
CrowSama
post Apr 19 2010, 1:07 AM
Post #18

Pixie

I don't get why you'd say they'd be horrible people... in the movie they don't seem like total loosers

--------------------

I'm a generally happy person who likes femslash! Glad to be here.
Princess-Mariah
post Apr 19 2010, 2:32 AM
Post #19

Butterflix Fairy

Hmm I can't picture them horrible people I mean have you seen blooms adoptive mom she's all Sweet and lovey dovey it is kinda really creepy to me lol

--------------------

I myself... am afraid to take the journey into highschool but after watching OHSHC it made me notice...
you never do know what will happen but something good always will :)

~~~~~~
MyaMeOhMy
{§hani}
post May 8 2010, 12:03 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

yeah to be honest they've completly gotten the witches powers all wrong. Icy's powers of "ice" should be relatively easy to controll and use, and i think they're quite limited also, so i really dont see why she's the head witch. I mean she has the personality and looks but still.
Darcy is amazing, i love her. But i wish they could've developed her powers more. I think she could be the head witch and the most powerful witch also. I mean her powers are basically manipulation and deception.

But yeah on topic, Stormy's weather powers should get her more places. She's heavily underated i think. I also really hated when in Season 3 they basically said she's weak and not a proper witch and made fun of her with Valtor. She could be so much more. Better than Icy even.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 6:51 PM