Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Problems With My Legs., I'm afraid to show them.
P-girl
post Jun 16 2007, 11:12 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

*Sigh....* summer's coming, and from all angles I get the news that I'm too pale, or that I should at least wear something shorter then long pants. Even mum and dad are that way, and they should know.

You see, when I was little, I stepped into a bath that was way to hot, and it left permanent scarring on both my legs. (My left leg worse then my right.). I admit it's not that visible under long pants, and with my pale skin. But now everyone's like 'Why don't you go and get a tan? It's good for your immune system.' That's when I get nervous. Because even the slightest color means that the burned patches will be more clear (Cause burned skin can't tan.) And nobody seems to understand my problem with that. What should I do? Everytime I mention that even the slightest bit of color in my legs will expose my burns, they just say it won't be that bad..... Like they know.....
How should I convince my parents, not only that a tan just isn't me, but also that it will expose something I'd like to keep hidden? They're pretty lenient most of the time, but they just keep on bugging me about this.
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Jun 16 2007, 11:15 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well I think you should find a quiet time and explain it to them, if they do not understand just ignor them as you should wear what you feel comfortable in not what your parents want you to wear.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
P-girl
post Jun 16 2007, 11:19 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I might just try that.... but it's not the clothes. It's the tan.... and the fact that I like to go swimming in the summer. Sure, looking like a milk bottle in a black bathing suit isn't really classy, but still better than the other option.
mightymarty2
post Jun 16 2007, 11:40 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Yes what I meant be wear what you feel comfortable in is if you don't feel comfortable exposing your legs then wear cloths that don't expose your legs. Sorry should have explained better.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Meru
post Jun 16 2007, 12:41 PM
Post #5

A True Fairy

Group: Members

well really the problem might be your insecurities with your scars.
Some people find scars to be hideous things and they want to hide them. They are not really... and your lucky you can hide your burn scars. There are some people who have them on their face etc. I feel bad for those people becuase others stare etc.

are these scars on your whole legs or just to a certain point or....?

I can kind of see what your going through though; I don't like my thighs. They are big and muscly and there are stretch marks from my sport and they are pale, as I always wear surfer shorts icon_razz.gif

I think your parents might just be looking out for you. they probably know that your self concious about your scars standing out, and they don't want you to be.... if you get what I'm trying to say here

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 16 2007, 12:47 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

The scars are on my lower legs, indeed not difficult to hide, but to wear leggings during swimming....>_<;;

You're probably right..... it does sound like my mom to help me out with insecurities like that..... thanks.
phychicdreamer
post Jun 16 2007, 7:33 PM
Post #7

A True Fairy

well if you really want a tan and you cant get one from the sun since the burns will show more then you could use one of those spray on tans, it should work.

--------------------
wanna know why we search so hard for love its beacause it's the closest thing we have to magic.
I'm just the shell of a person, a puppet with broken strings
always putting on a smile to fool the world
It looks like I'm losing this fight
sometimes a smile saves a dream from drowning in the darkness better than a word does
Everything I do is another mistake to you
you fade away like tears in the wind
Sticks and stones may break her bones...But names can make her starve to death
WHY I AM FIGHTING TO LIVE IF I AM JUST LIVING TO DIE
She is fallin apart right in front of your eyes...but you don't realize it. Wanna know why, cause you are to busy fighting with your husband
P-girl
post Jun 16 2007, 7:35 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

I don't want a tan. I actually like my pale complexion. It's my mother that is a bit overly worried that Pale Skin + Hot weather = Trouble. Like I said, she thinks it helps develop my immune system.
melgirl1778
post Jun 16 2007, 10:56 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

i would get some strong sun block. And maybe try a brwon swim suit or some color that would not be like black and white angainst you skin.

--------------------

Made by Jah

P-girl
post Jun 16 2007, 11:01 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

That might be worth trying. True, I like black, but it does makes me look like a blonde goth, now that I think of it. (No offense to goths.)

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jun 16 2007, 11:01 PM
Meru
post Jun 17 2007, 3:45 AM
Post #11

A True Fairy

lol. Try to get a lighter colored bathing suit, so that if you are pale; then your suit will be paler >: P muah har!

it does kind of build your immune system...shes right .... your mommy is just looking out for you cause she loves joo~ icon_razz.gif

--------------------
Harley
post Jun 17 2007, 10:36 PM
Post #12

Pixie

Group: New Members

If your going out in the sun when swimming with sunblock you shouldn't get a dark colour bathing suit because dark (especially black) attracts the sun to you and you'll get even more burnt than you thought you would.

You shouldn't be insecure about your scars on your legs. I have a huge scar on my leg but I still wear shorts and not let it take "control" of me, I call it a trophy (brings up some stories which I don't mind telling)! And yes my legs are really white. Whenever I go out in the sun with shorts on my sister always says "don't look directly at them", I just laugh it off icon_wink.gif

This post has been edited by Harley: Jun 17 2007, 10:38 PM

--------------------
bloom_daphne
post Jun 18 2007, 12:25 AM
Post #13

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Self tanner perhaps? Although I don't suggest swimming with makeup.
Meru
post Jun 18 2007, 4:02 PM
Post #14

A True Fairy

QUOTE (Harley @ Jun 17 2007, 07:36 PM) *
You shouldn't be insecure about your scars on your legs. I have a huge scar on my leg but I still wear shorts and not let it take "control" of me, I call it a trophy (brings up some stories which I don't mind telling)! And yes my legs are really white. Whenever I go out in the sun with shorts on my sister always says "don't look directly at them", I just laugh it off icon_wink.gif

Harley is totally right! You shouldn't be insecure about scars, scars are just proof that youve lived, that your not some sheltered little child who has never fallen off a bike.
I've got a big scar on my face... well it is not really huge; but its not tiny ^_^;;; and nobody really notices it unless I push the skin just above my chin out with my tongue, so that my bottom lip is not curved so you cant see it. And I proudly tell people that that was from one of the times I put my teeth through my lip xD. I also show people my now very scarred ear; which I had partially tore off my head and I had somehow tore it in half, so there was a hole in the cartilege. I even go so far as to get people to touch where the cartilege overlapps because its funny icon_razz.gif

I still don't know where I;m going with what I;m saying, probably just trying to make you feel better about yourself if even a bit. Scars are not some hideous thing that should be hidden because they make you ugly. Because they dont. People may look or somewhat stare on the downlow; but in most cases they are just curious as to what happened to have caused said scarring......

In anycase; I hope we help you sort out your problem~; dont be the shy girl~

--------------------
P-girl
post Jun 18 2007, 4:05 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

You sure did, thanks girls. (Meru and Harley in particular.) Yeah, I should bear my scars with pride, after all, they got me the biggest, fluffiest and pinkest bear ever as a get-well present. ^_^
mightymarty2
post Jun 19 2007, 7:07 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I know you meant no offence but I am not a girl, I am glad the problem is solved though.

--------------------
Meru
post Jun 21 2007, 12:33 AM
Post #17

A True Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ Jun 18 2007, 01:05 PM) *
You sure did, thanks girls. (Meru and Harley in particular.) Yeah, I should bear my scars with pride, after all, they got me the biggest, fluffiest and pinkest bear ever as a get-well present. ^_^

There you go; my teeth through lip escapade only got me a little your alright now; and my ear severing merely got me a piercing on the top of my cartilege to 'hide' the scar.... and mostly because my sister had been nagging for said piercing and my parents offered it to me icon_razz.gif

D: come to think of it I didnt even get a get well or anything whatever teddy etc for being in a car accident, breaking my nose and destroying my back <_< amd i was bed ridden for 4 days until i demanded i go to school xD because I was bored....

....i had my finger loced in a door later that year too; not by the door knob, on the side where the hinged are. the door was closed and loceked for like 2 minutes xD and all the blood in my fingertip was sucked out and it was shriveled up becuase the door cut off the circulation xD hurt like a mofo at the time and for about a month later in the healing process; but its still funny to look back on xD

feel beter it seems as though I am a walking accident waiting to happen.... O_O

--------------------
mightymarty2
post Jun 21 2007, 7:09 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Wow that is bad luck

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 3rd June 2024 - 7:36 PM