Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Armored Core 4, I feel no love.
Asher Omega
post Jun 21 2008, 7:44 AM
Post #1

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

yea, its me again probably with another game that no one has any interest in, this time I probably know why too. but I'm getting back into this game series, namely because I now know that I can actually get the game in question, which is Armored Core 4.

brief synopsis of the game series in general is that it takes place on post war torn earth (except for number 2 and its counter part "Another Age" which took place on mars) there are basically giant mechas being used as military and mercenary weapons. the most advanced and fast of these are called Armored Cores (no surprise there). however the ACs as they are normally called are not standard bipedal mechs, not even by a long shot. the ACs are special because well they've got interchangeable parts making a good 50% (at least) of the game the customization of the ACs themselves which can either make or break the other part of the game the missions (which rank you on your performance, ammo usage, damage took bla bla bla). and upon completing a mission the ranking will get you money for (guess what!) more parts. one thing that I always found interesting was that the range of parts to chose from was literally hundreds. arms, torso, head, legs (or lack there of, explanation later), shoulder radar/weaponry, internal components (not even going to list those). so the game is mostly one of the most complex Giant Mecha games out there, you can even make a semi-reliable AI for your AC if you can do it right (me? I kept screwing up somewhere so my AC kept dropping his rifle and shoulder pods right off the bat and went strait in for close range). and the game prides on being (semi-)Realistic. which brings me to one of the problems I keep encountering in the game, Over Heating. thats one thing that they never mention in any mecha series (anime, manga, game) is that over heating really does massive damage to something that large. a couple of weapons that I always hated to encounter was the flame cannons or incendiary rounds I could never cool down fast enough to beat the opposing mech. I hated those missions.

on the note about the legs there (were five, four now) different types of legs, Humaniod, Reverse-Joint, Quad, and then Tread. (fifth being floating platform, which sucked for armor and was a huge energy drain).

and now just links to video on how the Fourth game is at least played (or should be at least)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPzpgSNaGlA...feature=related

Yes I know its a rooster, but thats still pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpJfWJ-CXJI...feature=related

and I had to at least show at least ONE Gundam remake.

and I know one person is going to at least comment on why am I posting this, to cut them off, I'm getting back into the series.

This post has been edited by Asher Omega: Jun 21 2008, 7:45 AM

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Jul 20 2008, 2:21 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Although I do not know much about the series, I do believe I have played it at one point in time and found it enjoyable. Obviously, I prefer the more exotic SRW-style robot games, but I do like games where they actually bother to have mix-and-match robots. That's what makes Kotetsu Jeeg and Kotetsushin Jeeg so appealing to me; we have robots that literally change parts for different occasions...

Including getting the lower body of a horse and a freaking lance the size of a small skyscraper. But that's just freakin' cool.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Asher Omega
post Jul 20 2008, 2:47 AM
Post #3

Butterflix Fairy

Armored Core, in all intensive purposes is a giant mecha simulator. which is why its mostly labeled a "Fan-Only" game. the reason behind it is because of the system tweaking. most new comers are (and I'm intimidated by AC 4 tweak system) presented with a daunting and extensive system. so most people avoid it because of its steep learning curve ( 90% gradient). how ever thats the one thing that has kept most of its fans still interested is the tweaking. I could spend hours and hours tweaking one AC just so it controls exactly how I want it. so its main selling point is one of Cons and Pros of the series. if you did enjoy it I would suggest playing it again and messing around with the parts, but I will state that I know quite a few people who thought the game was a bore and nothing really of interest. I just like building Mechs.

--------------------

OMG I's got a color AVY, first one I ever had on this Forum! And now a new sig! blargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblargblarg
blargblargblargblarg.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 7:23 PM