Add Reply
> What Is Your Honest Opinion Of Tecna?
Rating 5 V
Read
post Jun 23 2008, 12:15 AM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: New Members

Tecna is my favorite fairy because she is smart,and I think the most exclusive of all the winx girls.What do you think about Tecna?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Jun 23 2008, 2:01 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Honestly, I don't like any of the girls that much. They all seem to mainly be one-note characters without much depth. Tecna's whole "science" motif also seems a little unimagined and has more than faint echoes of Sailor Mercury in my opinion.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
mightymarty2
post Jun 23 2008, 5:17 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I like techna, I think she is a smart and logical person, who cares for her friends but is not that good socially

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Jun 23 2008, 5:30 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Yar, Tecna is not very sociable, but in a way that's why I love her even more. She has to try very hard to get over her fear of confrontation and the rules of frienship. And I love that she has actually changed through the series to become more agreeable toward the end of season 3.

Besides that, I stand by my old reasonings as well. I admire her love of learning, science, and technology; her (underappreciated) ability to solve problems, especially when Staffi needs a technical solution to a plot problem--where do we always go?; her nerdy qualities *go nerds!*; and even her independent streak and maturity. Her difficult situation with love and romance is also very endearing, as I find it even sweeter when flawed characters find happiness in love and life. So of course I admire Timmy's character just as much as Tecna's ^^.
Abby
post Jun 23 2008, 6:04 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I like Tecna, I just wish the show would give us more info on her, she is the quiet and reserved one of the group, who we don't know much on. Lately I have been coming up with ideas for a tecna fan fiction since I have yet to write one just about her, and it is hard because we don't know much about her past, or what is going on in her head. We know some about her being sick of Timmy just talking about tecnical stuff, and that she is smart and not afraid to show that, but I really want the show to bring more of her out.
humbu111
post Jun 23 2008, 8:36 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

i like the character Tecna alot, she's just not as good as most of the rest and needs more developing (family, realm, etc)

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

terriordx32
post Jun 23 2008, 8:41 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

to me, techna is the token smart person

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
Zhanneel
post Jun 24 2008, 1:19 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

icon_wink.gif Bingo on that, maybe just like Sailor Mercury.
terriordx32
post Jun 24 2008, 4:51 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

yup i hate to say it but mercury was the token smart one also

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
P-girl
post Jun 24 2008, 4:58 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

What's wrong with Token smart characters? I love token smart characters. Tecna, Timmy, Darcy (I think she counts) Garret and Mr. Lee (A.T.O.M.), Bruce Sato and Alex Sector(M.A.S.K.), Otacon (Metal Gear Solid), Ratchet (Transformers), Clamp and Thrann (Galactik football) Bring 'em on. Go Geek Go!
terriordx32
post Jun 24 2008, 5:06 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

never said ntn was wrong with them but she would be classifed as one...and i dont think darcy would be the token smart one

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
winxclub101
post Jun 24 2008, 7:44 PM
Post #12

Bloomix Fairy

Tecna's not my favorite character but I do like her role in the show and at the fact that she's the smart one of the group like sailor mercury from sailormoon.

This post has been edited by winxclub101: Jun 24 2008, 7:45 PM

--------------------

Userbar by DragonFire and Avatar by *Stella*
humbu111
post Jun 24 2008, 8:12 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

tecna rocks!
her digital-themed transformations are pretty cool

--------------------

MorriganAensland
post Jun 24 2008, 8:43 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

There's nothing wrong with being a smart person in the story with a lot of statistical information... it's just I like my smart people to be more than one-note characters. My favorite's probably Latooni Subotoa from Super Robot Wars; a child prodigy, capable of having two seperate machines work in perfect synchronization (albeit with a proper operating system), and frighteningly effective in battle for a girl that's only recently getting interested in boys.

Of course, she also has bad memories from the conditioning that MADE her a prodigy, remembers nothing about her life before that, took forever to open up to the other characters until Ryusei stood up for her during battle a bunch of times, and has inherited some of Ryusei's hot-blooded nature.

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Jun 25 2008, 4:17 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Lol, I just saw that same animated gif in your sig, Morrigan when doing a google search a few days back. My favorite: the girl from Lazy Town and the paper bag =P.

Other favorite smart characters: Taranee from W.I.T.C.H. and when I used to watch Code Lyoko I always liked Aelita best. I'm not biased, am I? xD
humbu111
post Jun 25 2008, 4:44 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

i likes Izzy best between the humans in the first season of digimon
he was the smart one in the group

This post has been edited by humbu111: Jun 25 2008, 4:44 PM

--------------------

Zhanneel
post Jun 25 2008, 7:02 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Ditto on Izzy from Digimon. He was also very humble too, more reason I liked his character =). (Happy graduation by the way!)
terriordx32
post Jun 25 2008, 7:09 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

i liked izzy, mimi, sora, and matt, from season digimon went down after season 3

--------------------

Thanks Cami!!!
MorriganAensland
post Jun 25 2008, 8:25 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

(Zhanneel, I love that gif with all my heart. Replacing a pair of yakuza thugs playing cards while Sailor Moon transforms is a tall order... but that just blew it away.)

Izzy rocked, simply because he was intelligent, but he still had more going on in his life than just that. The whole sub-plot with him trying to come to grips with the fact he was adopted was well done, and I'm glad it didn't seem too profoundly edited. After all, they kept in the fact that his adoptive parents lost a child as well.

It might not seem like a lot, but there is, or at least WAS, a big deal in Japanese culture, which emphasized a strong bond between birth parents and their children. It also ended up being a subplot in the end of Great Mazinger between Kouji and Tetsuya and the latter's jealousy at the former for being Juzo Kabuto's actual son... and Kouji's jealousy because Tetsuya was actually raised by the man.

--------------------

Boo
post Jun 27 2008, 12:42 AM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Abby @ Jun 23 2008, 06:04 PM) *
I like Tecna, I just wish the show would give us more info on her, she is the quiet and reserved one of the group, who we don't know much on. Lately I have been coming up with ideas for a tecna fan fiction since I have yet to write one just about her, and it is hard because we don't know much about her past, or what is going on in her head. We know some about her being sick of Timmy just talking about tecnical stuff, and that she is smart and not afraid to show that, but I really want the show to bring more of her out.

I agree. ^_^
*grumbles on amount of attention she gets in the series*

I personally like that Tecna is the smart and mature one of the group... She's not extremely outgoing either; it makes her character seem more realistic. I think it also seems like her character is more so intended for the likes of older viewers rather then younger ones, (but that would be my opinion). Maybe that's why she's my favorite. lol. I like that she isn't a very bubbly character as well. (No one can be carefree and happy all of the time).

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 8:51 AM