Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Are you there? (Planning post), You're not alone as you'd think, but you'll wish you were
MorriganAensland
post Jun 30 2010, 3:14 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

I've been batting around this idea for a rather long time, and hopefully I can get it off of the ground with a little bit of effort on my part.

The situation is this: player-characters are from various canons of fiction with the twist is all your characters, at the story's end, were dead and it was impossible to revive them. You have all woken up in various areas inside a massive office building more the size of a city than anything else, and yet there doesn't seem to be any means of escape. Any mystical or magical abilities they would have, no matter what their source or nature, are gone. This means no magic, no special powers due to any kind of heritage, and really no means of just breaking down a wall and escaping. Ridiculous physical strength is also frowned upon, since I'm trying to keep this within reason.

There are in fact, quite a number of characters like yours running around too, and all of them are in the dark about what's really going on. Depending on player-character actions, they may or may not be willing to tag along with your group for periods of time. However, some of them might not be as friendly as they appear.

But naturally, exploration without a sense of danger isn't nearly as fun. Which leads us to, naturally the things you'll have to deal with on a consistent basis (meaning whenever I get bored, whenever the plot requires it, or due to player-character action). PCs can't see them aside from a strangle flickering in the air where they move, but their handiwork is easy enough to spot with bodies mauled, severely burnt, or sometimes just vanishing with only a few specks of green dust where the body was. The danger of dying is very real, either through excessively foolish actions (though it's not like you won't get warnings about said actions) or through inaction on the player's part. About every two weeks I'll do an activity check of sorts to see that a player's made at least two or three posts in the RP, and if they haven't then it's grounds for their character to be killed. If they return, they are perfectly free to app another character, either a new one or one that was previously a NPC.

Anywhoo, application outline:

Name:
Series you're from:
Personality: (This is a big one. I don't want anyone playing a character they can't get into the head of.)
Belonging: (Each character wakes up with none of their own possessions, instead wearing comfortable, if a tad dirty, street clothes. However, they will also have a special belonging on hand, which is up for the PC to decide on. The list includes...)
* A lighter: provides basic illumination in dark areas, can burn away small obstacles, and in the right circumstances can help ward off the monsters
* A quick-photo camera: Like the lighter it can provide basic illumination in dark areas (though only for an instant), although its primary use is in the photographs it creates and how they differ from what the player characters see. How much mileage you get from it relies wholly on the player.
* A revolver: Weapons, or at least things intentionally made as weapons, are a rare sight in the building. They are also a valuable possession, due to their ability to harm and even kill the monsters when used intelligently. However, bullets are very, very, rare. Each revolver only comes with six rounds and finding more rounds will not be easy by any stretch
* A pair of walkie talkies: Communication in the building is critical due to the importance of survival. Unfortunately all phone lines are cut and whoever's in control of the PA system is hiding somewhere. These are where the walkie talkies come in: each talkie is tuned to its partner and has an operational limit good enough that most things that require splitting the group won't be a problem. If the players want to keep in touch with a NPC, they can give it to him as well, although naturally they might not get it back. The talkies also cannot change frequency.

This thread wills serve as a planning and OOC chat. Any questions or comments during the RP you have when nobody is around can be posted here.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Jun 30 2010, 4:42 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Sounds interesting enough.... I'm in.
MorriganAensland
post Jun 30 2010, 4:45 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Cool. Any idea who you'll app?

--------------------

P-girl
post Jun 30 2010, 5:01 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

((I'm still mulling. The first one who pops to mind is Corso, a space pirate/grizzled veteran from the series I always like to promote: Galactik Football.))
{§hani}
post Jul 1 2010, 4:26 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

im in sounds interesting and very original c:
i was thinking of being Zane from The Uglies series.
Or Rex from the midnighters series although i dontn know yet.

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
MorriganAensland
post Jul 1 2010, 7:40 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Great! The more people we have apped, the better.

--------------------

mightymarty2
post Jul 1 2010, 7:56 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

As I said I will join

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Jahnavi
post Jul 2 2010, 1:33 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I'm interested, but I have no idea who to pick...

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
MorriganAensland
post Jul 2 2010, 8:43 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Well, as long as they did die in a story, they're fair game. I'm hoping more for people that are familiar with modern-day settings (and won't be confused with their surroundings) and obviously people who would be decently collected under pressure too.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 2 2010, 8:49 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Wait.... so they have to have died in their continuity?
MorriganAensland
post Jul 2 2010, 8:53 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, I mentioned that in the first post.

It's characters that died in their own continuity and stayed dead (none of this "get the Dragonballs" stuff). There *is* a reason for this, I assure you.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 2 2010, 8:56 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

Alright, change of plan..... don't worry, I got one.
MorriganAensland
post Jul 2 2010, 9:57 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Alright then. I'd like everyone thinking about doing this RP to write up their outlines and post them around Sunday or Monday so I can start to run this. I'd like to know who people are bringing into this so I can plan accordingly.

--------------------

{§hani}
post Jul 3 2010, 4:41 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

sure thing. i think i have one up and running...

Name: Tally
Series you're from: Uglies by Scott Westerfeld
Personality: bubbly, loyal (but betrayal is a big issue for her), trouble maker, risk taker, somewhat arrogant, loves challenges, wild, clever.
Belonging: A photo camera

This post has been edited by {§hani}: Jul 4 2010, 8:08 AM

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
P-girl
post Jul 3 2010, 7:32 AM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

((PC means 'Player Character'. I think...... that means you get to decide for yourself..... I think. Correct me if I'm wrong, Morri. That part's a bit vague.
Name: J**** Lee. Prefers to be called Mr. Lee. (If anyone actually knows the ending, I'm going for the 'His fate is left ambiguous' excuse. He pretty much died and became a Hight Tech ghost. Hopefully that counts) ((Oh, that's just...... his name is that of a Roman, Dual faced God!))
Series you're from: A.T.O.M.
Personality: Calm and withdrawn. He's also quite guilt ridden about... something he doesn't want to share with the others. However, when being pushed or in stressful situation, he can become quite vicious and nearly manic.
Belonging: Lighter

This post has been edited by P-girl: Jul 3 2010, 10:03 AM
MorriganAensland
post Jul 3 2010, 9:49 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

However, they will also have a special belonging on hand, which is up for the PC to decide on

Yes, the player-character gets to decide which they get, and it's only one thing.

--------------------

P-girl
post Jul 3 2010, 10:04 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

((Got it. Thanks. Dibs on the lighter!))
mightymarty2
post Jul 3 2010, 10:21 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Name: Baltor/Valtor
Series you're from: Winx
Personality: manipulative, looks after number one (himself), calm and likes to plan
Belonging: camera

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Ranma
post Jul 3 2010, 3:35 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

((Is it okay if I join a bit later. I like the idea, but I've been so busy with my new job and getting used to my new schedule that I haven't had much time for rp. BTW Morrigan. If we could get you in Infinium again that would be great. So far, only Xieress, P-girl, MightyMarty, and myself have been posting regularly...
Anyway, I like the idea and I already know who I'll pick. But I may not be able to join for another week or two. I don't want to just join and then never post...))

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Jul 3 2010, 7:29 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

You can join in later when you want.

And yes, I'd love to get back into Infinium. Just PM me so I know the general gist of what's going on and I'll work on getting into it. I don't have work until next Thursday.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 9:36 PM