Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> A rather hairy issue involving Musa
SpiderBraids
post Oct 9 2014, 4:17 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Eight years ago (give or take a few weeks) Musa debuted a new hairstyle for herself in the season 3 premiere, ditching her signature short pigtails for, well, longer pigtails. I remember reactions being rather mixed to the new 'do, especially seeing that it left Tecna as the only short-haired Winx (thankfully, she still hasn't ditched that look icon_smile.gif) Here's what I wrote back then about it:

So, I found out that in Winx Club S3 Musa will be sporting longer pigtails than the ones she wore in the first two seasons. Honestly, why? Didn't she say (in the S2 premiere, in the US) that she wasn't going to change her pigtails? And I agreed with that statement. Short pigtails make her look cute. Long pigtails make her look weird.

Of course, since then, she's tried quite a few different hairdos as well, so I'd like to ask: How did you feel about Musa's new 'do way back then, and which Musa 'do is your favorite? (I still prefer her original pigtails myself...)

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Oct 9 2014, 7:34 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

They grew on me. (Heh, pun.)
I found it a bit more disconcerting when they ditched the pigtails altogether and it's one of the few things about Mythix I like.
That said, I'm not really bothered THAT much. I loved her short ones, but it's not as if she's suddenly not Musa anymore. And some of the non-pigtail hair she had was great. (I love her Bloomix hair, for example.)
mightymarty2
post Oct 10 2014, 7:30 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

If I remember rightly I prefered the new hair of the longer pigtails, still do. As for the changing hairstyles of Musa its nice to have a collection of different ones for the winx. With most being fairly similar but I don't really care that much about the hair styles the Winx have.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
SpiderBraids
post Oct 17 2014, 4:47 PM
Post #4

Bloomix Fairy

I had a PM exchange with Marty the other day, and he said that "(Musa) was always going to break what she said. As her hair has changed when she transformed in some transformations, not to mention colour in the Infinite Ocean." Personally, I imagine that Musa wouldn't have counted transformation-induced changes to her hair... though it does make me wonder how those transformations would have looked icon_smile.gif

Nevertheless, it does make me wonder why Musa changed her 'do in the first place... I thought it might have had something to do with making the dolls more attractive to buyers, but that would kinda be putting the cart before the horse icon_confused.gif

--------------------
P-girl
post Oct 17 2014, 6:39 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I'm gonna go with a lack of variation. Like, only that much you can do with pigtails. Long, short, maybe two braids.... that's about it. And a show trying to sell dolls might need more variety then that.
Sen
post Oct 19 2014, 4:33 PM
Post #6

Butterflix Fairy

I wonder what everyone would say if they gave Musa short hair again in season 7.

--------------------

By dittadulla <3~ @_@

Winx Club & Rainbow -- Translated articles: http://incantesimo.lareveuse.net/
P-girl
post Oct 19 2014, 7:58 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Depends on the coup. If it's, like, short pigtails again, it would probably be met with positivity. If it's, like, Tecna-short. Well.... the name already says it and this IS the fandom that screamed 'Rip-off!' over hair before.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 2:00 PM