Group: Honor Members

Sounds like a deal to me.
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post May 25 2010, 12:13 PM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

...But P-girl, how does this ensure that more people *nominate and vote*?

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
P-girl
post May 25 2010, 12:15 PM
Post #23

Cosmix Fairy

It doesn't, but neither does locking people out just because they don't.

*Sigh*

If you really want to enforce this rule, go ahead. I'm just sad this means people I feel are deserving (Ranma, Morrigan.....) don't get awards.

This post has been edited by P-girl: May 25 2010, 12:17 PM
W.I.N.X
post May 25 2010, 1:35 PM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

As I said, why don't we just make those categories exempt from the rule? Because as I said, a lot of them stick to the one place anyway.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
humbu111
post May 25 2010, 3:04 PM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

(Sorry I have to go to school soon so I'll update the list when I get back)

@Marty- a few days atleast, so you can take your time

Okay so first of all, like Jah said the point is to nominate active members, not members who have been gone for so long that they don't even see the topic. Nominations arent gonna be over in a day, if a member is active enough to see the topic in the time it is active for, they should be able to nominate. Just because someone used to post in the past, it doesnt mean they should be able to take the place of an active member. This is a stupid example I know, but just to get the point across: if Picasso made one post a few weeks ago with his artwork, that doesnt mean he should be nominated over active artists of our forum like Tea and Shani. Do you get my point? These are the Magix Club Forum awards, not just awards for whoever may have once been associated to the site and who has talent.

Another thing, I dont see why certain people who have seen the topic and are capable choose not to nominate. Almost every active member is, and not doing so yourself is not contributing to the forum. Its also selfish in the way that since you cant nominate yourself, if you dont nominate anyone at all, your own chances of winning go up.

This too isnt meant to attack anyone, I'm just trying to get my point across and it may have not be phrased as friendly cause I'm in a rush.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

P-girl
post May 25 2010, 7:31 PM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

That's where my compromise came in; only voting for active members. I know Ranma and Morrigan probably aren't gonna vote, not out of selfishness, but because they don't participate outside their 'Region'. Oh well, I'm voting for them, do what you want with it. Snub them, don't. You're the boss.

Also, where's the Creative Writing nominees? RPs, graphics and art, but no Creative Writing?

Most Friendly Member Anime Princess
Best RP Mageina
Best RP Character, Female Danaica, Shani.
Best RP Character, Male Ben, MightyMarty
Best Villain Devlin; Ranma; Seagulls; when they Cry
Next Honor Member Winx4Eva!
Most Dedicated Member MightyMarty
Best fiction writer MorriganAensland

This post has been edited by P-girl: May 25 2010, 7:32 PM
Princess-Mariah
post May 25 2010, 8:04 PM
Post #27

Butterflix Fairy

Group: Members

Im still sticking around for the ball and this, and I am gonna make alot of quik visits

--------------------

I myself... am afraid to take the journey into highschool but after watching OHSHC it made me notice...
you never do know what will happen but something good always will :)

~~~~~~
MyaMeOhMy
Anime Princess
post May 25 2010, 8:35 PM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

i'm just putting my two cents in here cos i feel i need to

i agree people like morri ranma, another morning ect they are active and such but they all also have lifes and tend to only stick to their own areas, and what if i were to have lost acess to the internet during the normination period but be otherwise active would i not be eligable to win an award either i really think that those who are general active but tend to stick to their own turf or might just have their own life to tend to shouldnt be pushed out. i just thought i would state my oppinion i hope my point is understood

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

dittadulla
post May 25 2010, 8:39 PM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

This is for while I'm waiting for results from Eurovision semi-finals 1 x3

Most Friendly Member Jahnavi
Nicest Person Jahnavi
Most Helpful Person Ranma
Most Funniest Person Another Morning
Most Creative Member Shani
Next Honor Member W.I.N.X.
Most Versatile Member Humbu
Most Dedicated Member Humbu
Best Graphic Maker Shani
Best Artist, Computer Jsispitz
Best Artist, Traditional Jsispitz
Best Artist, Pixel Shani

--------------------
humbu111
post May 25 2010, 8:46 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

Just updated the voting list! If anyone notices any mistakes please let me know. Below it is a list of the people who still need to nominate to remain on the list.

lets say I vote for a member who does not nominate in half the categories can I re nominate?

Sorry missed your question before. Ok so how it works is when nominating is over (I think a week should be enough, lets say nominations end June 1st) then anyone on the voting list who hasnt nominated will be taken off and everyone below them will move up a spot. Then will be the second part of nominations, basically to fill up the voting list with some more people. You might remember from last time, and I'll post more about it when the time comes.

Ok so remember that if anyone's already on the voting list, there's no point in nominating them anymore so you may as well nominate your second or third choice.

I'll submit my nominations soontimes I still need to work some stuff out. Thanx so much to everyone who has nominated for me so far (:

That's where my compromise came in; only voting for active members. I know Ranma and Morrigan probably aren't gonna vote, not out of selfishness, but because they don't participate outside their 'Region'.

Dont be so sure. He did it once, he can do it again. Seriously, I have nothing against Ranma I think he's really cool. And no offense to him, but will one post outside of his 'Region' do so much harm? Its Region, not Religion -__-

Im still sticking around for the ball and this, and I am gonna make alot of quik visits

Thats cool, it would be awesome if you nominated/voted and came to the ball ^^

i agree people like morri ranma, another morning ect they are active and such but they all also have lifes and tend to only stick to their own areas, and what if i were to have lost acess to the internet during the normination period but be otherwise active would i not be eligable to win an award either i really think that those who are general active but tend to stick to their own turf or might just have their own life to tend to shouldnt be pushed out. i just thought i would state my oppinion i hope my point is understood

Nominating lasts for a week. If they really are active, they should be able to make this one post, its really not that hard. And of course not if someone lost their connection would they be excluded for that. An example is Rano for Secret Bunny, her internet was down so she missed sign ups but I still got her in didnt I? Seriously, it wasnt easy I had to ask like half the bunnies and send a ton of pm's but I still managed to. If someone has a specific legit reason then of course accommodations can be made. But it being outside of their "region" is no where near a good enough reason to me.

--------------------

P-girl
post May 25 2010, 8:49 PM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

So.... the Creative Writing comment is lost, I gather? Also, I voted, so by your own rules, my name should be off the 'People who still need to vote' list.

This post has been edited by P-girl: May 25 2010, 8:50 PM
Anime Princess
post May 25 2010, 8:50 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

well i'm sorry but i'm doing this cos i feel i should i know this is totaly unlike me but i think that is seriously unfair so i'm withdrawing my nominations

--------------------

Sorry i just think its better off this way

mightymarty2
post May 25 2010, 8:50 PM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

while I see where Jahnavi and Humbu are comming from I don't think the active members should be punished by not voting though they should be encouraged to vote to make the awards more represnetative

I will vote tommorow my time
Reason for edit: added

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
humbu111
post May 25 2010, 8:57 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

So.... the Creative Writing comment is lost, I gather? Also, I voted, so by your own rules, my name should be off the 'People who still need to vote' list.

Sorry I missed that one. On one of the topics we were discussing it before and took out a bunch of the awards that had pretty much the same selection as last time. One of them was Fanfics cause there have been really few new fics recently. So "Best fiction writer MorriganAensland" isnt legit and you've nominated for less than half the categories.

well i'm sorry but i'm doing this cos i feel i should i know this is totaly unlike me but i think that is seriously unfair so i'm withdrawing my nominations

Go right ahead, I'll edit it out. Seriously this is like dealing with an angry mob. Do you think you're doing me a favor by nominating? Puh-leeze.

Sorry Marty I didnt get what you said =S

--------------------

P-girl
post May 25 2010, 9:00 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

Oh come ON. That one was just not fair. I voted to the best of my abilities (Nicest and most friendly? It's the SAME). And negating Creative Writing? You know, for someone who wants to promote an award show, you sure make it hard for people to get nominated.

This post has been edited by P-girl: May 25 2010, 9:06 PM
mightymarty2
post May 25 2010, 9:03 PM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I will vote tomorrow UK time

I see both sides of the argument and don't want to see people punished for not voting who are active, so I think they need to be encouraged to vote

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
humbu111
post May 25 2010, 9:13 PM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (P-girl @ May 25 2010, 05:00 PM) *
Oh come ON. That one was just not fair. I voted to the best of my abilities (Nicest and most friendly? It's the SAME). And negating Creative Writing? You know, for someone who wants to promote an award show, you sure make it hard for people to get nominated.

Read it yourself. I wasnt even the first to suggest it. So you can either know what you're talking about or go take your whining somewhere else. Thats all you do, I've been polite to you the whole topic but you just keep attacking. So go do your own freaking awards if you want to nitpick each detail. Some of you are acting as if your doing me a favor by participating, as if your nominations will benefit me. Why do you think certain awards were taken out? Cause I was trying to exclude certain people and try to pick awards that I have a better chance at winning? Well think again, it was a group decision so you either participate while the discussion is going on next time, or hush your lips.

Oh okay I think I get what you're saying Marty. I think punishing is too harsh a word though...

--------------------

P-girl
post May 25 2010, 9:18 PM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Who said this was personally to you? It wasn't. I usually stay out of awards. But these new rules are unfair if you ask me. And illogical. How can you encourage voting if your new rules are all ways to exclude people? Also, this whole forum is PUBLIC. This topic is about the AWARDS. I have the right to say my piece about them, good or bad.

Also:

Most Helpful Person Jahnavi
Most Creative Member MorriganAensland

There, I broke even and I followed your rules. I hope that makes you happy.

This post has been edited by P-girl: May 25 2010, 9:30 PM
humbu111
post May 25 2010, 9:30 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

Who said this was personally to you?

QUOTE (P-girl @ May 25 2010, 05:00 PM) *
You know, for someone who wants to promote an award show, you sure make it hard for people to get nominated.

Um, YOU did.

I usually stay out of awards. But these new rules are unfair if you ask me. And illogical. How can you encourage voting if your new rules are all ways to exclude people?

It just happened. To encourage people like you, who normally sit back and wait to see how many awards you've won without bothering to nominate/vote and give yourself competition, fear not winning anything and choosing to participate. See thats the thing, you dont normally dont participate, right? But you did this time? Do you see the connection?

Also, this whole forum is PUBLIC. This topic is about the AWARDS. I have the right to say my piece about them, good or bad.

Yeah no. The other topic was also public where whoever wanted to (about 5 people) participated in the discussion. If you have so much to add, you should have done it then rather than try to change everything now that the awards have already started.

Also:

Most Helpful Person Jahnavi
Most Creative Member MorriganAensland

There, I broke even and I followed your rules. Happy?

You're at it again, thinking I get happy when you nominate. I assure you, it does not give me joy, pleasure, satisfaction, or anything else to see you nominate. You're the one who's happy now that you've secured yourself the ability to receive awards.

--------------------

P-girl
post May 25 2010, 9:33 PM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

Whatever. Count me out if this is going to be how it's done. Scrap my participation. I'll be over there, being all selfish like you quite obviously branded me.

This post has been edited by P-girl: May 25 2010, 9:40 PM

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 3:04 PM