Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> So why is there so much hatred for Bloom?, Because I don't think she's that bad...
Rating 5 V
Vaughanh7
post Sep 13 2012, 8:01 PM
Post #1

Believix Fairy

Group: Members

Ok, so a lot of people seem to hate Bloom. And the main reason seems to be 'she takes up all the screen time' well...she IS the main character after all...and thats kinda like saying you hate the little mermaid because it shows too much Ariel...just saying rolleyes.gif

And another reason is that she's annoying....urm...how exactly?
I mean....

season 1:
Shy, unpopular, red haired girl who loves fairies and art. Finds out she is a fairy and a princess.

season 2:
Bloom becomes a stronger fairy, and finds out more about the magical dimension (but in all honesty...I don't think season 2 was that 'Bloom' orientated...as in it showed the other characters almost just as much)

season 3:
Bloom becomes a powerful warrior type girl, in order to fight Valtor and earn her enchantix.

season 4:
no real main story around her again...just finding the earth fairy, and earning believix, and defeating the wizards.

The only 'annoying' thing I can think of is her narration sometimes....like her 'Stella saved her father and earned her enchantix!!' (really? I didn't notice! rolleyes.gif ) but that can be excused for the fact its aimed towards KIDS.

So why do people hate Bloom so much?

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
P-girl
post Sep 13 2012, 8:20 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Well, I never hated her. I mean, she wasn't my favorite character or anything, but nothing too annoying.
And then.... Season 3 happened. Sorry, but she became a bit of a sue. Already stronger then anyone else before having Enchantix? Getting Enchantix by basically cheating? Granted, it wasn't incomplete, but it was still a powerup on her already very powerful winx form.
But it was the moping that got to me.
'Oh poor me, I'll never attain Enchantix because my home planet and parents are dead, wah, wah.'
Ahem.
*Points to Mike, Vanessa and Earth*
I'm a firm believer that love goes beyond origin or bloodline. It's who you are, not what you are. And Straffi had quite the opportunity to weave that into the narrative. He didn't.
But then again, I found Season 3 to be pretty abysmal overall.
Thank God for Season 4, that pretty much erased all those problems I had with Bloom, so I'm back to liking her.
Marswinx85
post Sep 13 2012, 8:43 PM
Post #3

A True Fairy

well i like her she is my favorite winx girl !

--------------------
I am huge Sailor Mars fan and Winx fan!!!
Avatar credit goes to Screaming Romeo!
humbu111
post Sep 13 2012, 8:51 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

QUOTE (P-girl @ Sep 13 2012, 04:20 PM) *
Well, I never hated her. I mean, she wasn't my favorite character or anything, but nothing too annoying.
And then.... Season 3 happened. Sorry, but she became a bit of a sue. Already stronger then anyone else before having Enchantix? Getting Enchantix by basically cheating? Granted, it wasn't incomplete, but it was still a powerup on her already very powerful winx form.
But it was the moping that got to me.
'Oh poor me, I'll never attain Enchantix because my home planet and parents are dead, wah, wah.'
Ahem.
*Points to Mike, Vanessa and Earth*
I'm a firm believer that love goes beyond origin or bloodline. It's who you are, not what you are. And Straffi had quite the opportunity to weave that into the narrative. He didn't.
But then again, I found Season 3 to be pretty abysmal overall.
Thank God for Season 4, that pretty much erased all those problems I had with Bloom, so I'm back to liking her.

I think in terms of saving someone from Earth to get her enchantix, enchantix seems to be the most like "traditional magic" kinda transformation and since Earth was totally unmagical at that point, it wouldnt really make sense for it to enable her to obtain it. If it was just about sacrifice, she could have saved anyone regardless of which realm they come from, but the point seemed to be something along the lines of "getting in touch with your origin" or like "giving back to your roots" kinda thing, so even if she grew up on Earth, she still didnt originate from there. Thats my view on it atleast. But I agree, it still would have made a MUCH better storyline than just "willing herself to get it". It would actually make alot of sense for her to "earn" it by saving someone from Earth, but then realizing its incomplete because thats not her planet of origin.

She did get a little annoying to me in season 3, she seemed kinda bossy towards the end. I recall her saying "trust me" alot and leaving the other girls in the dark while she did her thang. But overall I've never had a problem with her, she's not my favourite but I dont dislike her either.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Abby
post Sep 13 2012, 11:18 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I also agree with P-girl about Bloom. I hated how mopey she was in season 3 about not having parents and a home planet. Even though Earth didn't have magic, I still feel like she could have gotten her Enchantix there since it is where she was raised (yes, technically she is from Domino, but she was only there for a very short time) and where she has two loving parents (again, annoyed with the whole "I don't have parents" thing).

I get she is the main character and all, but I just always wanted Winx Club to be more than just her as the main character since the title is Winx Club. I have just always liked the other girls a bit more than her because even though each has their own character flaws, they never seemed as mopey as bloom throughout the seasons.

I agree with humbu as well about her always being like "trust me" and so on. Plus her whole relationship with Sky has always bugged me from the beginning so I guess that is another reason why I don't really like her.
mightymarty2
post Sep 14 2012, 7:55 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Blooms ok.

I think its fairly safe to say very few like how Bloom got her Enchantix. I think as it was home realm, Earth could have worked but as the rules say no magic in front of non magical beings. Only Mike and Vanessa would have worked without her getting into trouble. Though you could argue quite rightly that saving peoples lives, should allow the rules to get bent a little.

I don't think this whole Sky, Diaspro, Bloom helps and I fear it could be coming back. Once ok, twice pushing it but three times is way to much.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Vaughanh7
post Sep 14 2012, 9:38 AM
Post #7

Believix Fairy

To be honest I much prefer Bloom to Sky xD he's so....dramatic...it's like, he takes about five days to decide wether or not to phone Bloom....or as we've seen so far in season 5...wow, you dropped a necklace and you think it's going to give your relationship bad luck? too bad! but why spend the rest of the series looking all depressed and avoiding your girlfriend? Like that's going to make things better at all.

I dunno, he's just kinda annoyed me from the start. But then again, I'm not really fond of any of the boys in all honesty. I like Brandon because he's the type of guy I'd have a crush on...(hehe) and I like Helia for the fact I secretly pretend in my mind when I'm watching that he's bisexual. (not like anything like that would ever happen in winx...but ah well)

Anyway, back to Bloom:
She was one of my favourites at one time (I've favourited all the girls at one point...except Flora...never really loved her) I liked her wings, power, and personality (the fact she was 16 and still interested in fairies and magic....makes me think of myself) and in all honesty...if there's anyone in winx I'm actually similar to in real life, it's either Bloom or Stella (But mostly Bloom) So I never really understood the hate.

On another note as well: In the fan community all over facebook and youtube. They call Aisha/Layla the 'ugly' winx member :S how is she ugly...?

--------------------
P-girl
post Sep 14 2012, 9:47 AM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Probably the fuller lips she has. That's the only really noticable difference she has regarding the other Winx, face-wise.
This carries some.... unfortunate implications.
I don't think any girl in Winx is really ugly. But then again, they only really made an attempt with Lucy. And even that was just a hooked nose.
Abby
post Sep 14 2012, 9:13 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

I don't think any of them are ugly, they all seem to be too pretty in fact.
humbu111
post Sep 14 2012, 9:16 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Wow they call her ugly? I really hope thats more innocent than it sounds...
I've never been a fan of her casual outfits much, but I think she looks amazing in both her regular Winx and enchantix forms :S Between the enchantixes, she probably looks the best in the whole group in my opinion. Really dont see how she's ugly... :S

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

winxclubrox23
post Sep 15 2012, 8:27 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I've never really liked Bloom. I'm not even sure why – she's just always just been an irritating character to me. I suppose everyone has their characters like that though. xD

Also, I've never heard Layla/Aisha been called ugly. Is this just the new Nick fans or what?

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
P-girl
post Sep 15 2012, 8:45 AM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Sep 15 2012, 08:27 AM) *
I've never really liked Bloom. I'm not even sure why – she's just always just been an irritating character to me. I suppose everyone has their characters like that though. xD

Also, I've never heard Layla/Aisha been called ugly. Is this just the new Nick fans or what?

It's on facebook.
Facebook is one of those ventures, like youtube, where I'd rather not go because it's infamous for having.... not-so-smart people saying not-so-smart and sometimes downright offensive things.
Abby
post Sep 17 2012, 1:16 AM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

I rarely go on facebook anymore because of how many things on there make me angry (the stupid people mainly).
willkz
post Jan 4 2014, 7:32 PM
Post #14

Charmix Fairy

The answer is simple Flora.
But the show is about Bloom,Stella,Flora,Musa,Tecna and Aisha.

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:30 AM