Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Zhanneel's Re-Introduction, (reposted in my profile page)
Zhanneel
post May 6 2012, 4:32 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Dear old and new friends of the MC forum,

What an interesting time of my life I am in right now. I remember, with much nostalgia, joining this forum four years ago. I to this day remain a "kid at heart" and that will never change. I enjoy cartoons, hobbies, reading, joking, smiling, and being a kid in an adult world. I joined this forum many years ago, and in many ways the people in it have made some great additions to my life, even if it was just a fun day on the shoutbox or a witty reply to a post. I appreciate everyone, every moment I've ever had with my MC family. To this day I call you all my MC family even though I have been active so rarely in the past two years.

I was drawn back to this forum recently to touch base, to update my life, to reconnect and connect anew. I have no idea how I will be able to remain somewhat active and live a full time life with full time responsibilities, but I am going to try. I only ask that those who knew me and still want to know me understand I may not be on as often as I once was -- though, honestly I wish I could be. A full time job, my career in the balance, new and old friends coming into my (real) life, moving ahead in the next stage and the next stage... I also see that the MC forum has changed recently. It too suffers from an activity block. I hope (as do all of the Admins and members currently) to see the forum retain something of its famous glory from years back.

It has been challenging, and I had to "drop out" of MC for a while. I did some searching in the Announcements section of the forum and I was shocked to see so many people going through the same time issues I have been going through. It seems to have hit many of us sometime in 2010? Odd, but with school, jobs, and the Winx fandom waxing and waning it is understandable. I am sad to see so many of life's trials affecting our time on MC, but at the same time I am so happy to see many old friends still active here. It's a blessing to come back and see MC virtually unchanged in all the ways that made it home to me.

I wish all my friends, old and new alike much success and happiness in everything they do. Thank you for being such a boon to my growth and a wealth of goodness to my memories.

While I can't be sure just how active I will be, this time around I hope to make my stay on MagixClub longer and with lasting power. Here's hoping for some awesome time maintenance on my end. ; )

Magically yours,

~Zhanneel

PS - Tecna still rocks!

Go to the top of the page
{§hani}
post May 6 2012, 6:36 AM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Hello Zhanneel! im not sure if you remember me but in Shani, i remember you : D
welcome back(ish)

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
winxclubrox23
post May 6 2012, 7:11 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Zhan! <3

I know we've still kept in touch on Facebook and things, but it's really nice to have you back at MC :)

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
mightymarty2
post May 6 2012, 7:14 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Welcome back. As I said before even if you can not get on that much, its always nice to see an old member come back.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post May 6 2012, 3:11 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Hi Shani! I do remember your name, that's for sure. Thanks for the welcome back(ish)! I like your signature a lot. It's inspiring me to want to dabble in graphic art again.

And of course hello again Tea! I have awesome memories of all the shoutbox/rp/random junk we got ourselves into on the forum years back. xD Facebook is... yeah, it's okay, but sometimes I can't be as fun or open as I'd like to be. I wonder if everyone else feels similar? So many sets of friends, family members, acquaintances, church members, etc. know me on there and it might be a tad bit hard to talk about geeky habits. Not that I don't, but it's difficult when my best friend is writing comments below something my cousin says. Mixed world! So it is nice to talk a little bit on MC, and it doesn't matter if it's about Winx or art or something ridiculous. Hee. *insert unapologetic super cheesey smile here* MC is a little nook all on its own unlike any other place for me.

Marty, glad to see you're still active on the forums too! I am happy to see you holding down the fort and trying to bring life to the threads still. I hope with the upcoming movie and Season 5 and 6 we'll get more life into this website yet.
dittadulla
post May 6 2012, 5:37 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Nice to hear from you again, Zhan! I've missed MC too, haha.

From my perspective it just feels like everyone is growing apart and away from MC and then most of the come back one by one in hopes of reconnecting, but the problem is that they're kind of only one or two at a time and feel discouraged so they move over again so the forum is left sort of empty.

I miss the times when there were many, many pages of new posts and everyone was active and alive! That was really fun :)

--------------------
humbu111
post May 6 2012, 6:13 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Haven't been on in weeks myself, but nice to see you back Zhanneel! Even though I rarely log in/post anymore, I'm still a fairly regular lurker lol.

I agree with Ditty, people seem to be coming back one by one and then get bored quickly and leave again. If a group of the once-dedicated members came back together, the forum could regain the life it once had.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

dittadulla
post May 6 2012, 6:27 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

haha I'm a semi-active lurker too!

I think that what the forum needs is that a number of old numbers came back at once, so there would at least be a group keeping some topics up!

--------------------
Abby
post May 7 2012, 1:54 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

Glad to see you back! I recently came back too and am trying to stay active. I don't really know what else to do to make it more active like it used to be icon_neutral.gif but hopefully what everyone else is suggesting about everyone coming back at once will help.
Zhanneel
post May 7 2012, 4:55 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

I am glad to be here and glad to see you guys too! I know we're all busy. No doubt we have school and work to contend with most of all, but I'm happy to see the main-stayers active, or at least lurking, lol. I won't put my hopes up completely, but I would like to see the forum regain some of that nice activity it once had.

Yeah, you guys are saying a lot of things I found out recently. I read your own re-introduction Abby and I can commiserate with you. Life moves forward whether you're ready or not. It's hard to juggle school, work, family, social time, reading, and down-time in general. That's why I fell off the map a year or so ago too.

And that led me back to thinking about the forum recently for some reason. I wasn't sure if I'd ever have time to come back. Then I realized I was a building my expectations up too high, thinking I would only come back when I was able to be just as active as I once was -- but that's not practical. I am very busy, I have to own up to that, and I can't go back to posting/shoutboxing all day long like I enjoyed once doing. But I want to time manage myself and be active when it comes to the important MC family stuff. So I'm going to try again. I hope others are able to come back too. We need the extra energy, ideas, topics, etc. that make the forum so diverse and interesting. And maybe with this new Nickelodeon affiliate and Season 5 in the making people will decide to give it a go again.

If any "old timers" are reading this within even a few months after posting this, just stop in and say hi at least. I'm always interested and happy to see how old friends are doing.
{§hani}
post May 7 2012, 1:10 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

: D thankyou! its by the lovely Emi. oh yay haha

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Jahnavi
post May 7 2012, 5:40 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Zhanneel @ May 6 2012, 09:32 AM) *

...and in many ways the people in it have made some great additions to my life, even if it was just a fun day on the shoutbox or a witty reply to a post.

I echo this sentiment completely. And glad to have you back here, Zhan! I keep trying to "come back" myself, but yeah, I'm definitely guilty of coming back only occasionally, lol. But looking at this topic, it's safe to say most of us are still around, albeit not that active, and that makes me happy anyway. :)

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Zhanneel
post May 7 2012, 6:03 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Jahnavix! Good to see you're still lurking too, lol. I think I'm going to be something of a lurker too. Right now I'm trying to catch up on the forum, but I bet with the coming weeks I will stabilize into some kind of lurking schedule like all of the other old timer's right now. Ha! But if for some reason the forum becomes more active I'll try to come on as often as I can and join in on the craziness like old times. Old timer's (and new timer's) unite!
Abby
post May 8 2012, 12:46 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

My typical lurking time is when I'm on the internet and procrastinating on doing an essay or studying, such as what I am doing right now! But my finals will be over by wednesday night so by then I might have more of a regular schedule and actually not feel guilty about being on here. icon_biggrin.gif
Zhanneel
post May 8 2012, 11:28 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Congrats on almost being done with the semester Abby. That's exactly how I started out joining this Winx site -- I was trying to procrastinate while in college. xD And it worked. I remember staying up late on too many nights going crazy in some of the picture topics. This was the one I used to procrastinate in the most, ha!

http://magixclub.com/forums/index.php?show...t=0&start=0

I had a lot of fun on MC at that time. It was so worth the procrastination. (Don't worry, I did pass my classes and graduated safely, lol.)
Abby
post May 9 2012, 2:15 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Haha thanks, I still have a long way to go until I graduate, and that's just my undergraduate degrees. After that, it's onto more school! (sarcastic voice). And yet once again I am here procrastinating on editing a paper and studying. *sigh*
dreamywinxgirl94
post May 9 2012, 10:38 PM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

Hi! Welcome Back! ^_^ I don't know if I fully met you, I'm Rita and it's nice to meet you! =)

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Zhanneel
post May 9 2012, 11:53 PM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Hello Rita! I remember your name for sure from a few years back. Nice to meet you officially. : )

I just took a look at your website you linked below and I think that's cool how you give the visitor a choice of skin layouts. So interactive!
dreamywinxgirl94
post May 14 2012, 9:58 PM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Hello Zhanneel!
Thanks! I was trying to give everyone their choice of their favorite Winx Character on the Layout Skin. This way it won't be a same character over again for just only one layout. ^_^

--------------------

~Believe in Winx Dreams!~
DreamyWinx Will Always Be Remembered 2008-2015:

*Forum Set Made by Me.* xD

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 9:06 AM