2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Layla
winxclub101
post Aug 29 2007, 1:17 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

k i just noticed that on this site almost no one likes layla and its almost the only site that doesnt like her, i checked other sites on a favorite fairy polls and 38 % people like layla while 22% like bloom, 10% like stella, 16% like flora, 5% people like tecna, and 7% like musa i finally saw a change

--------------------

Userbar by DragonFire and Avatar by *Stella*
Go to the top of the page
melodycass
post Aug 29 2007, 6:24 AM
Post #2

Enchantix Fairy

i do like layla but she is not my must love carther(sp) but here they are in my most my fav

tied: bloom and flora
2: layla
3: stella
4:musa
5: tenca

--------------------
*Stella*
post Aug 29 2007, 10:10 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

well i like layla, too!
in germany are a lot of layla friends, but there are a few layla-hater, too.. which i DONT understand!!! i mean, she is a character like the others and she has a very beutiful personality. and evertime i see someone speaking about layla like this: "i hate layla, i wish she would die or would never have come into the serie" Im talking to that person and try to convince him/her to see how beutiful and nice layla is, although i dont like her the most.

--------------------

P-girl
post Aug 29 2007, 10:11 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I don't like Layla, but that doesn't mean I want her to die or anything. Heck, I'd feel irky if she was written out of the show. I mean, there's freedom of speech, and there's hurting people who don't think like you.
mightymarty2
post Aug 29 2007, 2:23 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

I am not a Layla fan, I do not mind her. I believe she should stay she adds something to the winx club (sportyness, determination etc) but I just felt the Musa andRiven nearly breaking up was due to her she kept stiring it. Turned me off her a bit

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Zhanneel
post Apr 7 2009, 3:20 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

QUOTE (AmazinAdmiration @ Apr 6 2009, 11:05 PM) *
I like Layla's style... She is pretty nice icon_biggrin.gif
I just don't like her voice on 4kids =P

Bingo, that's why I never really warmed up to Layla. I didn't like her 4kids voice. However, I thought she was pretty cool after watching the Rai version. They took her ghetto attitude down a notch, and she was more personable. She won't be a favorite, but now I like her more.
winxclubrox23
post Apr 7 2009, 3:56 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I like Layla! Although not in my top 3...but she can be really cool sometimes.

1:Musa
2:Stella
3:Tecna
4:Layla
5:Bloom
6:Flora

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Fortress Guy
post Apr 7 2009, 4:03 AM
Post #8

Harmonix Fairy

I am pretty sure that Layla is by far the least favorite of the Winx Club where it has been shown in the 4Kids version. She has two large obstacles to overcome from the get-go.

First she is a newcomer. There is always going to be something special about the first 5 fairies that came together naturally. Layla was indeed tacked on and maybe forced on with that 1st episode second season prophecy. It seemed a little heavy handed.

"What if I am not ready for another member of the Winx Club?", many may have felt. Also, whether one likes Layla or not, few will ever fully shake the thought that the whole addition may have been for politically correct reasons; marketing outreach, etc.

The second hurdle is the nature of the translation itself. That issue was clearly described above. If the new girl coming in was the super sweet type like Flora, the adjustment may have been easier. But mix "new guy" with the "attitude" and it is an uphill battle for the hearts of viewers. Part of her attitude is indeed the 4Kids translation, but not all of it. It is just her character.

Finally, I do not think that Layla is as popular outside of MC as this thread initially made it seem. There are a lot of polls out there. I think it is hard to get a true scientific survey. She may be more popular out there than in our club (that would not take too much popularity to be true), but I am not fully convinced. MC is a spirited place with quite a diverse membership. We cover all the bases here and a lot of age groups, ethnic backgrounds and countries of origin.

I myself represent the arctic circle. Sorry Icelanders. Close but no cigar. icon_wink.gif

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II
{§hani}
post Apr 7 2009, 7:45 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

layla iz awsome icon_biggrin.gif

I agree with Fortress, many may have felt like Layla was an addition, kinda like Roxy. it was an overload and alot of people felt overwhealmed by the sudden addition
i think people have grown to love layla and she's now an equally loved member of the winx, however she's not my favorite i always loved musa and Flora and Darcy is just plain brilliant icon_razz.gif i dont like stella much, she can be too Bratty. dont hurt me stella fans EEEP *ducks*
Order:
1. Musa // Flora // Darcy
2. Tecna
3. Layla // Stormy
4. Bloom // Icy
5. Stella

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
Tom273
post Apr 7 2009, 9:25 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Banned

Layla is not bad... i like her but she is still at the bottom of my fav fairies list... sorry

--------------------

Thank you Jah-Jah for the awesome new forum set ^^

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
Winx4eva!
post Apr 7 2009, 11:03 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

I like layla second^^

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
Phil the Valiant
post Apr 7 2009, 6:30 PM
Post #12

Believix Fairy

I love all of them, to be exact, INCLUDING Layla. Especially if they're portrayed as giantesses....
Tom273
post Apr 7 2009, 9:22 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

ooh so Layla sounds better in rai? that's good to know since im gonna watch rai version as soon as im done downloading it

--------------------

"A friend is one who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in yourself"
Tom273
post Apr 7 2009, 9:34 PM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

I know ^^ it will take a few weeks but it's worth the wait... im at 15% right now (im downloading season 1 and 2 at the same time and yup i know Layla first appears in season 2 episode 1)

--------------------

Boo
post Apr 7 2009, 10:05 PM
Post #15

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I don't like Layla partially because of the fact that she came into the show and soaked up a season of air time. Not to mention, she was portrayed from the start as a highly feminist and independent character, and yet, as the series progressed, that changed... So, in a way, the only unique qualities she had disappeared.

If they would have done a little work with her personality, people may like her more... but truthfully, she's simply a pretty character with a bland personality. I don't see anything particularly unique or striking about her, and that's why, I'm assuming, she's disliked by many.

(On a side note, this topic has been moved from its original location. It should have been posted in the Characters section. icon_wink.gif)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
humbu111
post Apr 7 2009, 10:29 PM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

ZaiHyeFan
post Apr 7 2009, 10:51 PM
Post #17

Pixie

Layla is really cool; too bad she's not very popular.
P-girl
post Apr 8 2009, 7:21 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

I don't really mind Layla.... (She earns some massive respect points for being the Drummer in the In Concert line), but she's a bit..... boring.
Tom273
post Apr 8 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #19

Cosmix Fairy

Do you leave it downloading while you're sleeping?

yes i do sometimes, and i download the 2 parts at the same time

--------------------

Fortress Guy
post Apr 8 2009, 6:32 PM
Post #20

Harmonix Fairy

QUOTE (Boo @ Apr 7 2009, 06:05 PM) *
I don't like Layla partially because of the fact that she came into the show and soaked up a season of air time. Not to mention, she was portrayed from the start as a highly feminist and independent character, and yet, as the series progressed, that changed... So, in a way, the only unique qualities she had disappeared.

Good points Boo. She did indeed soak up a lot of air time when all the fans really wanted to do was catch up with their Winx friends. So on top of everything else, I think this sabotaged her launch as well.

BTW, I keep smirking at AmazinAdmiration's line:
"On 4kids it sounds like she took male hormones"

--------------------

Fortress Guy's fortress of solitude.

Jem Huntik Korra season 1 Winx SE4 part II

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 4:48 AM