> My Entry To The Fanfic Contest, Freaks, geeks and demons
P-girl
post Jan 31 2008, 12:39 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Four whacked out peas in one run-down pot

Beep beep beep

The insistent buzz of a certain clock-radio woke the young, silver-haired boy from his stupor, as he groaned and turned the blasted thing off. Getting up and getting in his usual black outfit, the boy looked at the mirror. Face was.... pale and thin, as always, eyes were blue, but not for long, as he grabbed two contacts from the sink and put them in, changing them from blue to red. A quick close-up from his hair showed the silver dye wasn't growing out yet..... alright, he was done. Grabbing his bed, he exited the apartment he lived in.
“And this time, get back here in time or there'll be hell to pay!” He could hear his father's voice boom.
“Up yours!” He shouted back, making his way trough the decrepit hallways of the flat he lived in. One story lower, and he banged against one of the doors. “Bug-boy! Time to shake it!” He yelled, and soon, a small, thin boy about the same age as him stumbled out and followed him trough the hallways, his tight jeans, fringed brown hair and tight shirt not really fitting his body-type.
“For the last time, it's Bernard.” This new boy said. “But you wouldn't listen to me, Xieress, nobody does.....” This made the boy, name Xieress, chuckle.
“Oh CHEER UP, Emo kid.” He said, shoving Bernard playfully. Bernard just continued to look down, moody. “So.... what was it you wanted to show me?” Xieress tried, although he knew what was coming. This instantly cheered up Bernard, as he took his backpack and extracted a glass jar with an insect in it.
“It's an Iris oratoria!” He said cheerfully, before seeing Xieress oblivious face. “It's a Mediterranean prey mantis.” He said after that, this made Xieress nod. “Gramps sent it, they're amazing! See those huge claws? They're lethal!” Bernard continued to talk about his new pet while the two of them went down another corridor, Xieress let him, knowing it was one of the only things that brought a smile to the emo kid's face.
“Nice claws, mind if I sketch them at school?” Someone from behind asked, the two boys turned around to see another boy. This kid was a few years younger then them, had Asian skin and dark hair that hung across his brown, almost black eyes in bangs. “They'd make great additions to my designs.”
“Sure, Ichigo.” Bernard answered, as Ichigo wormed his way between the other kids. He wore a light shirt and some blue sweatpants, and besides his backpack, he carried a whole stash of sketches, mostly from robotic beings and vehicles.
“Thanks!” Ichigo said, smiling at the two of them. Xieress just sighed, but couldn't help a smile. As they approached another corridor, they could hear very loud Death-metal rock coming from one of the doors, together with people shouting to turn the volume down. Xieress did his thing, as he banged the door.
“Suki?” He asked. No answer, as he banged the door again. “Suki!” He shouted louder. Still, only really loud music. “SUKI!!!” He roared at the top of his lungs. This brought an answer, as the music was switched off and a short, stocky girl with silver hair sticking at odd angles and brown eyes opened the door, apparently just waking up, as she yawned and rubbed her eyes.
“I'm up, I'm up.” The girl said, yawning as she took her shoulder-bag and followed the now four-member group, straightening her black top with a red 'A', not bothering to tie the laces of her dirty sneakers.
“You slept trough that?” Ichigo asked, surprised. Suki just nodded.
“What can I say? It soothes me. I'm telling you, if you wanted to wake me up, you should have put up that rapper: Two-fiddy.” She answered, grimacing. “That's what I call hideous.” This made the other laugh.
“Suki, our own darling Metal-head.” Xieress commented, as the group went outside, where the street matched the interior of the flat: Run-down, poor and decrepit. “But let's not procrastinate for to long, I'm already on my third strike with Miss Vega.” Xieress said, looking at his watch, as the group hurried up to school. Because of this, the group didn't notice they were being watched from a silver sports car that just didn't fit the rest of the poor street.
“They're kids.” A gruff, male voice said from the driver's seat.
“Since when has that ever stopped you?” Some female, yet tomboyish voice asked from the passenger's seat.
“Since he's feeling that he's being replaced.” Yet another voice, this time from the backseat, commented.
“Shut up.” The gruff voice commanded. “I swear, one more word.”
“Oh both of you, knock it off.” The female voice said. “Kids or not, we better follow them.” She said, as the engine started and the car rolled out, following the small group of kids.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Jan 31 2008, 3:53 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Well, you certainly have a different approach to this than I did. However, that's not a bad thing at all. You've established a number of characters I presume will have recurring roles, and we have hints of their identities as well.

You also went with the unusual hair color idea, something I had to struggle against succumbing for my fic. I still may stumble back into it later, but at the very least, having white hair usually implies you'll be important to the story. ^_^

Can't wait to see how the story's world will turn out.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
P-girl
post Jan 31 2008, 5:31 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks! Altough I have to admit that the silver hair thing is basically nothing more then an obsession I have. (Most of my favorite anime/cartoon/game-characters have silver hair, so a good deal of my O.C.'s have them to.). I tried to tone it down by making clear that it's dyed.
MorriganAensland
post Jan 31 2008, 6:17 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

It's not just you. Everyone loves doing it. One of the characters in Matei Mizuki who'll appear in the next chapter has white hair too.

Proof that everyone loves doing it

--------------------

P-girl
post Feb 5 2008, 2:19 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Handpicked

Once at school, the group ran in, noticing they were, as always, running late.
“I swear, they do this on purpose.” Xieress said, running trough the halls, quite frankly leaving Suki and Bernard to eat his dust. They said goodbye to Ichigo sometime earlier, since he was a class lower then them.
“Says the boy..... who's called the Silver Bullet.......” Suki managed in between pants, as she and Bernard followed him, a good few feet back. Right before their class, Xieress skidded to a halt, as the three of them entered.
“You're really something else, Xieress.” Their teacher, Miss Vega, an elderly lady with gray hair, a pink coat and skirt and black-rimmed glasses said without looking up from her book. “Holding both the track records as well as being late for class every. Single. Day.”
“And I try my best to keep both records.” Xieress nonchalantly answered, before sitting down his desk. Suki and Bernard just sighed and got to their respective desks, as the rest of the class laughed.
“Good, now that everybody's here, let's start today's lesson, shall we?” Miss Vega said, turning to the blackboard. Right before her chalk hit the blackboard, the speaker in the class broad casted a loud *Ping* noise.
Will Xieress Maldov, Suki Fuûra and Bernard Fleischman please report themselves at the principals office.
“Crap, Xieress, what did you do this time?!” Bernard instantly hissed at his silver-haired pal.
“Nothing!” Xieress said, and for once, it was actually genuine. “I swear I....” His two companions just huffed, as they got up and walked to the principals office. “No, really! It wasn't me this time.” Xieress once more tried as they entered the office, only to be greeted by.... well, not the principal. Three people where sitting at the desk. The first sat at the head of the desk, which was a young man with spiked, slicked back silver hair, he wore a pinstriped shirt with some brown jeans and some sneakers and some black-rimmed glasses. On the left of this man sat an Asian man with long, sleek black hair, a black-and-white business suit and piercing black eyes, but his most prominent feature was a large scar across his face, which didn't quite fit with the rest of the attire. The person on the man's right felt a bit out of place. This was a dark-skinned women, dressed in a white, sleeveless hoodie with the number thirteen written on it, some brown cargo pants, sneakers, red, fingerless gloves and her hair, which was basically a ponytail made out of long cornrows. While the two men looked like they could be teachers, the women looked more like a student.
“Uhm, who the hell are you guys? And what have you done to the principal?” Suki asked. “Did you murder him?” She asked after that, way too enthusiastic. This made the man sigh, and the woman laugh.
“No, we didn't.” The Asian man said. “But we did, however, make sure he won't disturb us.”
“Disturb what?” Bernard asked. “And who are you people?”
“My name is Edgar.” The silver-haired man said. “And these are my partners; Ikasa.....” The Asian man gave a nod. “And......G.” He said, as the woman waved at the kids, smiling. “Now that that's out of the way, I'll be warning you three: Somethings might surprise you, they might make you scared and go 'What the hell?!', but it's important that you three know. What you are, and what you are needed for.”
“What we are?” Xieress asked, raising an eyebrow. “We know what we are: a couple of kids. A couple of confused kids, at the moment.”
“Just sit down and let us talk, okay?” Edgar said, gesturing at three seats.
“More like: 'Let me talk.'” G muttered, making Edgar growl.
“Just let me talk, okay?” He snapped.
“Told ya.”
“Shut up.” With that, Edgar coughed and turned to the youngsters in front of him. “There's a war going on.” He simply said.
“Well, duh.” Bernard said. “There's always some war going on. It's human nature at it's finest.”
“That's not what I meant. This isn't some war where some moron sends tanks and missiles to a country that pissed him off. This is a war that has been going on since the beginning of time, and probably will continue until the end. It's the never-ending war between light and darkness, Angels and Demons, Good and Evil for those black-and-white thinkers among us. About..... seventeen years ago, it came to a climax, and a great battle was fought out. Me, G and Ikasa were there, as soldiers of the light.” About then he paused, giving a moment for the youngsters to just gape, before he continued. “In technical terms, you could say we won the battle, but that's a damn technicality, almost everyone died, and our only comfort was that the soldiers of darkness lost just as much lives. For these last seventeen years, they've been awfully quiet.... up until now.”
“A-and this has what to do with us?” Xieress asked.
“Well..... uhm......” Edgar said, rubbing his neck. “Our leader appointed us to find you and inform you. Why? Beats me.”
“That's assuring.” Bernard commented.
“Hey, Michael moves in mysterious ways.” Edgar said. “What you need to know is: The army of Darkness is regrouping, and we need reinforcements. Those reinforcements are you guys.”
“Us?” Suki asked. “But what makes us so special? We're no soldiers, and we don't know fighting.”
“I'm sure Michael has his reason. But for now, we were asked to give you these.....” Edgar said, gesturing towards Ikasa, who rummaged in his pockets and took out three gems. One an electric blue, one dirty green, and another of the deepest black. “They're pure essences of power, and the last remnants of some really brave warriors. Now those powers belong to you.”
The three youngsters just blinked. Suki was the first to react.
“Cool!” She said. “Which one is mine? And what does it do?”
“Beats me.” Edgar answered.
“You guys are really touching the dark here, aren't you?” Bernard commented.
“Oi, our leader likes new people to figure out things themselves, okay?” Edgar said, grumbling. “Now just pick a jewel. You know which one.” Suki just sighed, looking at the gems.
“Blue one's mine.” She said, snatching it.
“Dibs on the black one.” Xieress said, grabbing his one.
“That leaves me with green.” Bernard sighed, not adding that he was rooting for that one.
“Good now.....” Edgar said, opening his hand. This caused a small whirlwind to appear, encircling the three teens, as the wind picked up the jewels, as they started to glow, before zipping away and fastening themselves in the chests of the youngsters. “Welcome to the club.”
“Wow.....” Was all Xieress said. “So..... when do those powers manifest?” He asked.
“In due time. But beware, the darkness already knows.... and is after you.” Edgar said.
“Great.” Bernard sighed. “And how do we recognize them?”
“You can't. Demons come in all shapes and sizes.” Edgar mentioned.
“But don't worry.” G piped up, smiling. “We'll be around, consider us your guardian angels and mentors. But let's not dawdle, wouldn't want you peeps to miss class.” She said, getting up and ushering them out of the office, before closing the door.
“B-but wait, I've got so many questions!” Suki said, opening the door again, only to find the office empty. “Son of a..... where'd they go?” She said.
“I guess we just.... wait.” Bernard said.
“But I hate waiting.” Suki whined.
“Let's just go to class alright.” Xieress said, as the three of them started walking, heads filled with questions.

Author's notes: I'm not happy with this chapter, not at all, but I can't seem to do it any other way. I sure hope my next chapters will be more satisfying.... it's mostly the getting started part that gets me.
MorriganAensland
post Feb 5 2008, 5:44 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

It's fine... getting started is always difficult. Besides, the reference to "Essences" reminded me of Eternal Darkness, which has a kings ransom of demonic/Lovecraftian-esque monsters you might find inspiring.

I'm just pumped to see how our heroes fight. ^_^

--------------------

P-girl
post Feb 6 2008, 10:29 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Thanks

The actual chapter has to wait (To busy playing Advance Wars: Dark Conflict), but I've gone and made a little collection of art from either the characters, or the characters inspiring the characters. (Hope that's okay.). Don't worry, the chapter will be up within the week.

Now, lessee.....
Both Xieress and Suki are entirely self-designed, and both stem from RP-characters, and probably pretty familiar faces for some people.
Xieress:
(Art by Myst)
and Suki:
(Art by Afh)

Some others, like Edgar and Ichigo are inspired by cartoon and/or Game-characters.
Edgar is inspired by Advance Wars' Eagle:

And Ichigo is basically a kid version of M.A.S.K.'s Bruce Sato:

Maybe interesting to know..... or maybe not. icon_mrgreen.gif
MorriganAensland
post Feb 6 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

Not absolutely important, but still nice to know. ^_^

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 8:28 PM