Add Reply
> Songs That Just Make You Want to Stab Something, fun tiemz
Rating 5 V
Another Morning
post Sep 4 2009, 3:52 AM
Post #21

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Yeah, just to make things clear, I don't think anybody means that they dislike the people who like these songs/music, just the songs/music itself.

And most of the Disney covers don't even make since, since the song is part of a storyline and outside of the movie it's just kind of random, especially songs like Poor Unfortunate Souls.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
Jahnavi
post Sep 4 2009, 3:55 AM
Post #22

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

I know you guys don't mean any offence at the people who may like the artists you dislike, I just thought it would be better to not go into fan-girl mode, since I know most of you don't like the Jonas Brothers. But that's your opinion, and I respect that. ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Purityangel
post Sep 19 2009, 11:30 PM
Post #23

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

I hate Rap songs, they make no sense whatsoever and I have no idea what they're even talking about. I'm just a sophisticated young woman who takes things seriously, so please don't lash me out. I don't intend to start a conflict with anyone.

--------------------
Gorgeous forum set courtesy of dittadulla. Thank you very much!

Boo
post Sep 20 2009, 4:20 AM
Post #24

Cosmix Fairy

I just heard this one again today: Right Round. To be honest, I do not care who it is by, all I know is that I think it's terrible and every time I hear it I burst into a rant about how terribly raunchy it is (as most rap songs are). I mean, they took an old song, (by Dead or Alive in, what, the 80s?), and created an overly-raunchy modern one (the original was PERFECTLY FINE!). The first time I heard it (the new version), all I was thinking was: Oh no they didn't! They did NOT just take another perfectly good song and ruin it. (Rap+Good Song Originally= Bad song in most cases, in my opinion)

In fact, a DJ today played that song... I went up and demanded that he play the original; You Spin Me (Like A Record)... and he did. Muwaha! I felt quite accomplished. icon_mrgreen.gif

That and "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. No offense to her massive amount of fans, but I do not like her music (I don't like country anyway, and her live performance on a New Years Eve special scored her some really low points in my book.) That specific song, though, reminds me of "Girl Next Door" by Saving Jane.... The lyrics are just too similar. It annoys me, really.

And finally, on my list; any song by Miley Cyrus. Again, no offense to her fans, but I just do not like her. Although, I do like that she enjoys Coldplay... (because Coldplay is amazing.) icon_biggrin.gif Actually, anything by a modern Disney-owned group or individual is "not good music" in my book, (Demi... Not going to attempt to spell her last name, Jonas Brothers, etc.)

I mean absolutely no offense to anyone with any of this. It's simply my musical taste.... happy.gif I do suppose that I'm not "hip" and with the "in" crowd. xD

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
StellaRocks
post Sep 20 2009, 4:27 AM
Post #25

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

QUOTE (Boo @ Sep 19 2009, 11:20 PM) *
That and "You Belong With Me" by Taylor Swift. No offense to her massive amount of fans, but I do not like her music (I don't like country anyway, and her live performance on a New Years Eve special scored her some really low points in my book.) That specific song, though, reminds me of "Girl Next Door" by Saving Jane.... The lyrics are just too similar. It annoys me, really.

I thought the same thing! and i tell EVERYONE but nobody belives me.

So any song by Miley Cyrus, Coldplay, Demi Lavto, Jonas Brothers(minus one song Nick sung when he was little i love it),Selena Gomez, and I Got a Feeling by Black Eye Peas. I CANT stand them or the songs.

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
winxclubrox23
post Sep 20 2009, 4:28 AM
Post #26

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Aw, I love Taylor Swift. And Saving Jane too...ooh, I can't pick a fave. I'd probably go with...oh, gosh...I can't choose.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Toriamelio
post Sep 20 2009, 5:13 AM
Post #27

Cosmix Fairy

XD I thought this was a topic that you state songs you loathe. Not songs you adore. lol

--------------------

*Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else.*
Thanks for the set Breana!
Another Morning
post Sep 20 2009, 5:40 AM
Post #28

Cosmix Fairy

Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas

Ever since Hot and Cold Katy Perry's songs have annoyed me :/ I dunno why. I just hate them.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Jahnavi
post Sep 20 2009, 6:25 AM
Post #29

Cosmix Fairy

Aw, I love Waking Up In Vegas. And T Swift too, for that matter... But I agree on the SRSLY-disliking-rap thing.

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Sep 21 2009, 3:24 PM

--------------------
Toriamelio
post Sep 20 2009, 6:35 PM
Post #30

Cosmix Fairy

diddo on that. Whats with that messed up rap? ugh sick.gif

--------------------

humbu111
post Sep 20 2009, 6:47 PM
Post #31

Cosmix Fairy

Noo! Right Round is amazing! It owns the original (Zing forced me to listen to like more than 5 previous versions including the original, and the modern one is WAY better IMO). Well I agree rap aint that great, like I wouldnt listen to a pure rap song, but the ones I listen to have an awesome chorus which is why I listen to them (a perfect example is Sugar by Flo Rida ft. Wynter). Thats where Right Round stands for me, I dont care for the rapping inbetween, but the chorus is simply amazing. Though there are some rap parts I really like too, like Missy Elliot's in Bad Girl by Danity Kane.

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Toriamelio
post Sep 20 2009, 7:02 PM
Post #32

Cosmix Fairy

ooh this just gave me a great opportunity to be immature! thanks humbu XD!
Don't say aint, your mother will faint, your father will fall in a bucket of paint, your sister will cry, your brother will die, and the cat and the dog will say bye-bye! lol I'm just sooo mature

--------------------

Boo
post Sep 20 2009, 7:32 PM
Post #33

Cosmix Fairy

Ha ha, actually, the chorus of Right Round is what bugs me the most: it's terribly raunchy... just... well, the lyrics are just gross in my opinion. I have no idea what is being said when he's rapping between each chorus, so I can't really say that I dislike that part if I do not understand a word of it. lol
That's just my opinion, though. Overly-raunchy lyrics tend to annoy me to no end, so... icon_biggrin.gif

@ StellaRocks: Aww. *sniff* No Coldplay? icon_biggrin.gif
Lol; I do think that their Viva La Vida is being overplayed, though. I personally love the song, but I can see where it would get old. :/ That is the only Coldplay song they play on the radio anymore.

I'm with Jahnavi on Waking Up in Vegas... I enjoy it, too. ^_^ Although, it reminds me of Florida (of all places.) Long story short, when in Florida, I saw that music video on VH1... every single morning. icon_razz.gif That and it was constantly on the radio.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
StellaRocks
post Sep 20 2009, 7:34 PM
Post #34

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

Sorry no Coldplay I CAN'T stand Viva La Vida or any of their other songs(sorry Boo)

--------------------

"Don't ever forget that with each step a person is able to take on their own, they have become that much stronger." ~Tamahome
Boo
post Sep 20 2009, 7:41 PM
Post #35

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (StellaRocks @ Sep 20 2009, 08:34 PM) *
Sorry no Coldplay I CAN'T stand Viva La Vida or any of their other songs(sorry Boo)

Lol; it's alright. ^_^ We all have different musical tastes.

--------------------
FloraFan
post Sep 21 2009, 1:51 PM
Post #36

Charmix Fairy

'sweet about me' by...argh forgot her name
but it makes me want to rip my hair out

--------------------
Jahnavi
post Sep 21 2009, 3:26 PM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

I love Viva La Vida. (...But it's the only Coldplay song I really know well, so I probably shouldn't comment further, lol...)

--------------------
Another Morning
post Sep 22 2009, 3:56 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Wham - Wake Me Up Before You Go Go

I don't know what it is about this song, but I just hate it .____. It makes it hard because my mom loves it and listens to it a lot.

--------------------

Toriamelio
post Oct 1 2009, 3:22 AM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

this is random, but I just want to get it off my chest. I absolutely posatutly HATE, LOATHE, DESPISE ect. any family channel type people and there songs. like the joe bros, Demi, Saleina, Justin Bieber, Miley and so on.

--------------------

Another Morning
post Dec 1 2009, 6:41 AM
Post #40

Cosmix Fairy

Justin Bieber makes me lol so hard you don't even know. I can't hate him, he's too hilarious.

But I do hate that song The Christmas Shoes or whatever it's called. I don't even remember who sings it. It just tries way to hard to be touching or whatever and comes off as annoying :/ Or maybe I'm just a terrible person with a cold, dead husk of a heart. Either way.

--------------------

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 9:57 AM