Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> New season of Power Rangers
ElsabethK
post Jun 2 2010, 5:25 PM
Post #1

Pixie

Group: New Members

I'm really excited that Saban bought the Power Rangers franchise back from Disney. I am hoping the new season will be an adaption of Shinkenger (basically it will have samurai themed rangers). If the do the samurai theme then the team will have red, blue, green, yellow and pink rangers. Yellow and pink would both be girls. The special sixth ranger that season would be the gold ranger.
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Jul 1 2010, 11:26 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Yep! They're localizing Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, one of the better Super Sentai shows in recent years. In fact, a few people on /m/ actually went to tryouts and they're talking about it.

Hello, you either have JavaScript turned off or an old version of Macromedia's Flash Player. Get the latest Flash player.

Some friends of mine in the SRW RP I do actually apped most of the Shinkenger team and they're all pretty cool characters.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
W.I.N.X
post Jul 2 2010, 10:48 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

This is just a very coincidental thread. I was planning to look up any future Power-Rangers series after watching a review of Might Morphin PR on That Guy With The Glasses. And here ya go.

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
MorriganAensland
post Jul 2 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

I can vouch for the quality of In Space (outperformed its source material in Japan), Lost Galaxy, Lighspeed Rescue, and Time Force. All of those had very well done finales and had solid writing throughout.

RPM is also very good. As for most of the Disney shows, well, it's going to be hit-or-miss.

--------------------

Ranma
post Jul 10 2010, 1:21 AM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I stopped watching power rangers for the longest time, and then when they brought Tommy back I started watching it again...and then I stopped again. Too bad they aren't finished subbing the original Japanese material. It was really good, and it was fun to watch. So I switched over to Kamen Rider Ryuki. I never finished that due to college finals. I should probably try to finish that soon. I really liked it...

--------------------
MorriganAensland
post Jul 16 2010, 2:35 AM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Ryuki's really good, Ranma. The ending might make you upset due to it being kinda confusing, plus there's the Movie and the TV Special that are in their own continuity.

But if you like Ryuki you'll probably like some of the other Kamen Rider shows. Kamen Rider Blade is the closest to Ryuki due to the card element, but it's very different. Kinda slow paced early on but it's still worth a watch.

--------------------

Ranma
post Oct 4 2010, 3:44 AM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

I might do that. I love those old Japanese live action shows... I've been watching a lot of J-drama lately. Mukodono, My Boss My Hero, Tiger and dragon, Hakken no Hinkaku...

--------------------
Doomgiver
post Jun 17 2012, 5:37 PM
Post #8

Pixie

While surfing the net i came across someone doing a series review of Power Rangers heres the introduction
Power Rangers Introduction

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/linkara/hopr
Doomgiver
post Jun 18 2012, 1:22 PM
Post #9

Pixie

I remeber watching Power rangers when it was on foxkids on saturaday mornings, never thought it would have 18 seasons and stilll going

Ow and if anyones curse someones doing a seriesse review on Power Ranges heres the link

History of the Power Rangers

and sorry about my spelling on some of the words above

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:52 PM