5 stars [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 5
Guests cannot vote 
SpiderBraids
post Apr 27 2016, 4:42 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Sorry for being slightly late, but anyways, IMO S7 continued the upswing from S6, and here are some other thoughts:

The good icon_smile.gif
- Roxy finally having a decent role, befitting the fairy of animals in a season about animals
- After the bland Love and Pet pets and the selkies, the Winx get themselves some better companions in the fairy animals... While I couldn't care much less about the others, it was genuinely sad to see the animals leave in the finale
- After years of complaints that the other students never seem to do anything anymore, they (+ Roxy and Daphne) get to defend Alfea while the Winx are busy Miniworld tripping
- Speaking of the Miniworlds, great idea and great design
- A less in-your-face eco message than S5
- Nick Jr. US not dragging its feet on airing the show
- Not rushing to pair up Musa again
- Finally meeting Flora's parents, and spending more time with Tecna's

The not-so-good icon_confused.gif
- Show still manages to sideline Roxy to an extent, especially with her Stone of Memories getting stolen
- Thought that Helia's initial misgivings about Amarok would lead to some good Florelia drama... Obviously, I would never want them to be the next MuRi or even Bloom/Sky, but don't hint at possible Florelia drama if you're not going to follow through on it (also see S5)
- Brafilius was already getting a bit long on the tooth as Knut 2.0, but after the entire season seemed to be building up to a final battle involving Kalshara and the ultimate power, Brafilius takes it away from her? IMO, that downgrades the final battle quite a bit, because I'm sure a Trix/Kalshara alliance would have been much more interesting (Hmm, and then maybe have Brafilius as the one asking for the Winx's help instead)

Undecided icon_neutral.gif
- The return of the Trix was an interesting surprise, as one never would have expected them to show up, especially given the way they were disposed of the previous season. YMMV whether that makes it a good thing... Anyone hoping that tossing them out of the timestream takes them out of the show for good?
- Fairy outfits... Butterflix was serviceable (huh, Google TTS actually recognizes it icon_razz.gif ), while Tynix was a bit of a hot mess, esp. with the hair color change...

Ranking: 2, 1, 7, 6, 4, 5, 3.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Apr 27 2016, 5:49 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Well as I said this season is the best season since the original story ended. While the message does seem to be less of a focus as other seasons it still at times felt a bit preachy. I just wish they will leave it alone.

Well I do like the pets I completely agree this is the best season of companions as they both had a purpose and were actually useful in battle unlike some of them. I think the end could done with being longer but they got a good balance with keeping it sad but not distracting from the final battle too much.

The mini worlds was an interesting concept with time and mini worlds.

The whole 2 types of magic clashing could have been developed more (did they take on too much?)

The villains left a lot to be desired Kalshara never got a proper chance to shiny and Brafilius was useless

The return of the Trix did not add enough (6 seasons and they impact keeps going down hill, almost side acts in season 5 and 6) and well and Sky Bloom is over done. They also can not end seasons well with the only positive being the end for the pets.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
musa225
post Nov 10 2017, 4:53 PM
Post #3

Tynix Fairy

So, after finishing season 7, and my head hurts. What was the point of the Trix? I understand how they came back, but they didn't need to. The whole season felt like it was leading up to a showdown with the Winx and Kalshara, and that didn't happen.

Time traveling and young Faragonda. I feel like they would have messed up the space time continuum, especially Stella.

We finally got new Alfea background fairies. Only there needed to be a lot more then what they had to fight the Trix. I mean the whole school and all of Cloud Tower came out to fight the Army of Decay, and that was when the Trix were only senior witches.

So many outfits.......

I liked the overall look of Tynix....Butterflix not so much. It looks something a 4th grader would have made. But that's my opinion.

Baby Winx. We've already done that to Stella so did we really need to have the whole group babies. Someone tell me what the point of the banana episode was!

What is up with the dancing? That is not dancing...
Rant over!

P.S. this was written right after I finished season 7, and I'm only posting it now

--------------------

Click on the image above to join in on the fun! Send me a message when you do.
***xoxx***
Abdu 6b
post May 17 2019, 5:53 PM
Post #4

Tynix Fairy

Wow I didn't even realize there was a season 7. Sounds interesting, where can I watch it?

--------------------
Thank you Shaylo for the awesome signature.
mightymarty2
post May 18 2019, 4:13 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

Try somewhere like youtube. Winxclubenglish seems to have season 7

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
WXLM_Tecna717
post Feb 3 2022, 5:30 AM
Post #6

Charmix Fairy

Personally, I’d say that if they’re going to introduce new companions they need to keep them for a few seasons before just dropping the concepts. But hey, what do I know? As for the trix, they should’ve been well and done for given they got trapped in the legendarium world. But just my thoughts, otherwise overall very good

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 1:54 PM