Add Reply
> THIS IS DESTRESSING, ummmm
Another Morning
post Aug 31 2009, 4:07 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/01/business...tml?_r=3&hp

I may cry. Honestly. I'm terrified about this.

And I meant "distressing". I'M HAVING AN EMOTIONAL CRISIS PLEASE CUT ME SOME SLACK D:

This post has been edited by Another Morning: Aug 31 2009, 4:09 PM

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
Go to the top of the page
mightymarty2
post Aug 31 2009, 4:12 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

we will see what happens in the future but at the start by the looks of it there will be no difference due to the way the deals have been done over the movies.

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Another Morning
post Aug 31 2009, 4:32 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I did wonder about that. Since a lot of Marvel superheros are in Universal Studios at the moment.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
winxclubrox23
post Aug 31 2009, 4:48 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Oh no! Argh, why can't Disney do something useful instead and make some more nice, old school animation fairytale movies?

{Typo}

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: Aug 31 2009, 4:48 PM

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Another Morning
post Aug 31 2009, 4:50 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

They are doing that new Princess and the Frog movie, and I'm hopeful that it will hearken back to their older, better days.

--------------------

winxclubrox23
post Aug 31 2009, 5:18 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I know! I can't wait for Princess and the Frog.

But I want moooore! They should do Hansel and Gretal.

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Boo
post Aug 31 2009, 11:46 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Oooh, I read about this today during some free time in my computer class... My first thought: Disney is trying to take over the world of cartoons.

So, they've already made a ton of money off of shows like "Hannah Montana", etc... and they want... more? Now they just look greedy. Let other companies have a chance, sheesh.

But, that is just my take on the situation at hand... I'm not well-educated in the field of animated cartoons or Disney's financial situation, so I may not have a good say in this.

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Another Morning
post Aug 31 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

From what I heard, part of why they're doing it is because most of their really popular stuff is really more for girls, they're trying to expand and appeal to the male youngin's now.

--------------------

Boo
post Sep 1 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

That does make sense. They still sound greedy, though. icon_mrgreen.gif Maybe they need to muster up some creativity of their own...

From what I understand, aren't some Marvel comics more geared towards young adult males? (Those in high school, college, and even adults...) Something tells me that they're going to do some dumbing down to the old story lines and such to make it "kid-friendly"...
I'm not an expert, though, as I'm not one for comic books and all, but that's simply what I've heard (I hang out with guys that just love these kinds of things.)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Another Morning
post Sep 1 2009, 12:12 AM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Yeah, most of the main storylines these days are more adult-geared, if not the content itself than just the complexity of the storyline. So yeah, if Disney does anything new with it (and that article hinted that they intend to), it would probably all be a lot more kid-friendly.

--------------------

Boo
post Sep 1 2009, 12:22 AM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

*and facepalm* That's Disney for you. icon_mrgreen.gif
I wish they wouldn't... I mean, I don't know... It doesn't effect me personally, but I feel sorry for the numerous older fans that would most likely be either outraged or disappointed by the dumbing down of their favorite classics.
But things change, I suppose... :/ Just wish this kind of thing wouldn't.

--------------------
Tash
post Sep 10 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #12

Harmonix Fairy

Group: Members

I used to love Disney and all it's Cartoons. Then Hannah Montana came and that changed everything. More and more real-people shows got piled up then it just got plain boring. That's why I dont watch Disney anymore.

I'm pretty sure Walt Disney(the man) wouldn't want to do this.

In the city there are lot's of Marvel comic and action figure stores...what's gonna happen to them?

Disney isnt just taking over cartoons.There taking over everything. WHAT IF THEY BUY WINX CLUB??? small possibility though...I'm sure Iginio Straffi wouldn't want to lose his little Money Maker XD

Ok, im getting off topic. Anyways, just my opinion.

--------------------

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 1:47 PM