Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Rai Due Discussion

Peekers, read these posts at your own risk, don't blame the members, if you get spoiled.

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Add Reply
> Voice changes, Okay? Not okay? Bleeeh
Chioku
post May 3 2010, 9:29 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

I don't know if this should go here or the Season 4 forum, so I'll put it here for now.

In season 4 of the Rai dub Musa, Bloom, and eventually Brandon's voices change. What do you guys think of the new ones?
Personally, I can't stand Brandon's new voice. It's too deep for my liking. I'm quite fond of Bloom's, it's not that different. However, the original voice actress was Bloom for me and I have to say, it took some getting used to.

What do you guys think?

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
animefan32
post May 4 2010, 12:38 AM
Post #2

A True Fairy

QUOTE (Chioku @ May 3 2010, 04:29 PM) *
I don't know if this should go here or the Season 4 forum, so I'll put it here for now.

In season 4 of the Rai dub Musa, Bloom, and eventually Brandon's voices change. What do you guys think of the new ones?
Personally, I can't stand Brandon's new voice. It's too deep for my liking. I'm quite fond of Bloom's, it's not that different. However, the original voice actress was Bloom for me and I have to say, it took some getting used to.

What do you guys think?

I never really got used to Musa's new voice since the 3rd season she didn't sound her age, I love Bloom's at first i couldn't tell the difference, Brandon's i hated his new voice thank goodness it came back a few episodes later then they changed sky's in ep. 25 she sounded like Duman which bothered me alot but i still enjoyed the series and I like the fact Techna sounds like Francine from Arthur
winxclubrox23
post May 4 2010, 4:47 AM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

I shouldn't even be saying anything, considering the way I feel about Rai, but I shall. I think voice acting chances are annoying. In any cartoon. At least TRY to find someone who can imitate the voice of the previous actor. There's tons of talented people out there that can do that sort of thing.

On the Francine note, 'tis the same actress! Also, Stella is Muffy's mom. And on an entirely unrelated note, Muffy is Pippy Longstocking. XD

--------------------

Thanks to Ditty for the userbar! Llamas by CookiemagiK on DA
Jahnavi
post May 4 2010, 6:17 AM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

...Since I'm watching at the pace at which they play it on TV here, I'm still at episode 6, lol. So, so far, I've only noticed a change in Musa's voice (although didn't they change hers in season 3 itself?) and Bloom's. And it sucks to find out that they're changing Brandon's voice, 'cause I really thought his old one suited him.

Bloom's new voice is sorta similar to her old one, so for now it doesn't bother me that much, but Musa's new voice is quite a disappointment, imo. Maybe it's just 'cause I'm used to her old voice, but I really liked it. {And I agree with Tea; unlike Bloom's new voice, Musa's is completely different. Is it that hard to find an actor with at least a slightly similar voice, if you have to change the voice at all?}

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
wkw427
post May 4 2010, 1:59 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy

I prefer Bloom's new VA. Sounds more mature.

Brandon, why? You don't change VA in the middle of a season >.>

When did Musa's change?
Reason for edit: removed inappropriate letters

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
Jahnavi
post May 4 2010, 2:43 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Last season, pretty early. I'm not sure if it had changed in episode 1 itself, but definitely by the fourth or fifth episode.

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
mightymarty2
post May 4 2010, 4:25 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

@wkw please do not use thoughs initals

Well I never noticed with not seeing Rai all the way through only the odd rai along the way with season 3 (some) and all of 4 so far. However i do think they should have used someone who sounded similar and/or messed with the vocals to close the gap between original and replacement

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
Chioku
post May 4 2010, 5:06 PM
Post #8

Bloomix Fairy

I think voice acting chances are annoying. In any cartoon. At least TRY to find someone who can imitate the voice of the previous actor. There's tons of talented people out there that can do that sort of thing.

Definatly! I was like that with Sailor Moon as well...

I never really got used to Musa's new voice...

I have to agree, I much preferred the original icon_sad.gif She was alot better, in my opinion, at emotion.

then they changed sky's in ep. 25

Oh dear...I haven't gotten that far yet..o.e

--------------------

wkw427
post May 4 2010, 5:39 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

So I can't say what the fooie? I didn't swear, I said fooie. Fooie isn't a swear. Neither is the letter F

Anyway, Brandon's voice is normal in E25, I can't hear any change in Sky's..

This post has been edited by wkw427: May 4 2010, 5:43 PM

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
mightymarty2
post May 4 2010, 6:00 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

you know full well what the f is most often used for in that combination, so just remove the letters and thats an end of it

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
wkw427
post May 4 2010, 7:37 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

It is an acronym. It can mean anything. just because you see it as a swear word doesn't mean that other people see it as such

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

mightymarty2
post May 4 2010, 7:48 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Others will see it as a swear word, others have been punished for using it. So please remove it or I will

--------------------
wkw427
post May 4 2010, 9:07 PM
Post #13

Cosmix Fairy

Remove it then. If those words aren't allowed, it should be censored.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

winxclubrox23
post May 5 2010, 2:37 AM
Post #14

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE (Jahnavi @ May 3 2010, 11:17 PM) *
{And I agree with Tea; unlike Bloom's new voice, Musa's is completely different. Is it that hard to find an actor with at least a slightly similar voice, if you have to change the voice at all?}

It's really, really not. There's a slew of amazingly talented people out there that can imitate different people's voices without batting an eye. Heck, it's how Lisa Ortiz first taught herself to voice act. By imitating voices from the cartoons she watched.

--------------------

animefan32
post May 5 2010, 5:11 AM
Post #15

A True Fairy

QUOTE (wkw427 @ May 4 2010, 08:59 AM) *
I prefer Bloom's new VA. Sounds more mature.

Brandon, WTF why? You don't change VA in the middle of a season >.>

When did Musa's change?

In Season 3 episode 3, that's when Musa's new VA came in she also did the voice of Stormy which also took me alot of getting used too,

go to this channel this person has videos that shows info on the winx club VA's

http://www.youtube.com/user/DokiEnchantix#g/u

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ May 4 2010, 09:37 PM) *
It's really, really not. There's a slew of amazingly talented people out there that can imitate different people's voices without batting an eye. Heck, it's how Lisa Ortiz first taught herself to voice act. By imitating voices from the cartoons she watched.

I agree but i think they should fine a voice that fits the characters and sounds they're age, they could've given Musa techna's old voice i would've preferred that
winxclubrox23
post May 6 2010, 1:56 AM
Post #16

Cosmix Fairy

Speaking of Tecna for a minute here regarding voice changes.

Who the HECK decided that Rebecca Soler could pass as Tecna's old voice actress?

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: May 6 2010, 1:57 AM

--------------------

wkw427
post May 6 2010, 11:51 AM
Post #17

Cosmix Fairy

TBH, I never noticed the change icon_razz.gif

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

{§hani}
post May 8 2010, 11:58 AM
Post #18

Cosmix Fairy

i hate it when they change VA's especially in the middle of a season. i remember in 4kids season 3 they changed Stellas voice for a few episodes. I think the original VA was sick or something. And i mean im not a fan of her voice but once i saw the change i was like BRING THE OLD STEL BACK! and man it took a LUUNG time to get used to Stormys o-o

--------------------

I AM A HORROR. LOVELY SET BY EMI. MUSA DRAWN BY ALAMISTERRA.
animefan32
post May 8 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #19

A True Fairy

QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ May 5 2010, 08:56 PM) *
Speaking of Tecna for a minute here regarding voice changes.

Who the HECK decided that Rebecca Soler could pass as Tecna's old voice actress?

LOL No i couldn't stand the fact they made her talk with a british accent but which one do you like better Techna's season 1 voice or her most recent one for the rai dub?
winxclubrox23
post May 8 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #20

Cosmix Fairy

QUOTE ({§hani} @ May 8 2010, 04:58 AM) *
i hate it when they change VA's especially in the middle of a season. i remember in 4kids season 3 they changed Stellas voice for a few episodes. I think the original VA was sick or something. And i mean im not a fan of her voice but once i saw the change i was like BRING THE OLD STEL BACK! and man it took a LUUNG time to get used to Stormys o-o

At least they used her season 1 voice actress when they did it, and not some random girl off the street, which seems like the case sometimes.

@Animefan: You're asking the wrong person. I'm not a fan of the Rai dub. And I liked her season 1 and 2 voice actress, if that was what you were asking.

This post has been edited by winxclubrox23: May 8 2010, 11:56 PM

--------------------

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:29 PM