Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Add Reply
> Ideas, please?, I have to make a minute-long speech...
Rating 5 V
Jahnavi
post Jul 20 2009, 1:27 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

{I wasn't really sure if this topic should have gone in Study Help or General Help, because it's not really a general "homework help" question, but it is a school-related problem, so...}

My English teacher's set us an assignment, saying we have to pick any topic we like, and make a one-minute speech on it in front of the rest of the class. Public speaking isn't a problem for me; the thing is: it's been over a week, and I still have no idea what to talk about. And we have to make the speech this Wednesday. =P

Oh, and there are a few rules:
1. You can talk about anything you want, as long as the views are original. And you can't use a famous orator's speech or recite a poem.
2. It needs to run for as close as one minute as possible. And we will be graded on it, so I'd like to do my best not to ramble. xD
3. {This is more of a personal concern than a rule, though...} My teacher probably won't accept humorous pieces, so I'd like an interesting topic, if you have any ideas, but I can't talk about anything too out there... {Like one of my friends was suggesting I make a minute-long speech on why making minute-long speeches is pointless... xD}

So, yeah, that's about it. Any help at all would be SRSLY appreciated. Thanks a lot! ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Go to the top of the page
MorriganAensland
post Jul 20 2009, 1:30 PM
Post #2

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Do a speech telling people about the Flying Spaghetti monster.

When I had my intro to public speaking course, that was the third or fourth speech I did, and it was by far my favorite.

--------------------

Hey, look! My sig's back!
wkw427
post Jul 20 2009, 1:41 PM
Post #3

Cosmix Fairy

I'll whip something up.

The Monkey Sphere. No, it isn't some futuristic time machine that turns space rocks into bubble gun. No it isn't a machine where you put in a coin and get a monkey. Think about this. Do you care if I died? -pause- Do you care this person died? -point to somebody random-
The answer is no. You don't care. you can't care. That is like saying, if a horrible nature disaster happened in New York and a million people died, would you care? Would you mourn everyone the same amount as you would mourn your parents? One death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic. You can only care for a handfull of people around you, in your monkeysphere. Anyone outside of your sphere, you don't care about. If you run a business, you care about your customer, but you don't love your customer. You see them as walking dollar signs. You see your garbage man as "thing that take garbage away" and you see teacher as "thing that talk all day"
We are all monkeys, and thus, we have been doomed from the beginning

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
mightymarty2
post Jul 20 2009, 3:05 PM
Post #4

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

Group: Admins

do something you are interested in but here are a few ideas that i would do if i had to do it

1-car review
2-car future
3-car company review
4-review of a game
5-review of a tv program

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
mightymarty2
post Jul 20 2009, 3:10 PM
Post #5

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

do something you are interested in but here are a few ideas that i would do if i had to do it

1-car review
2-car future
3-car company review
4-review of a game
5-review of a tv program

--------------------
*stella* created this wonderful avatar and SpiderBraids for the rescue and Angel Darkstorm this wonderful signature
mightymarty2
post Jul 20 2009, 3:11 PM
Post #6

Cosmix Fairy
Group Icon

1-car review
2-car future
3-car company review
4-review of a game
5-review of a tv program

--------------------
Winx4eva!
post Jul 20 2009, 4:13 PM
Post #7

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

Hmmm...What's on my mind for you to try, Jahn-Jahn. Hope this helps ^.^

-Space Stuff {Stars, Black Holes ect}
-Creation of the Domestic Dog through Wolves
-Ancient Rome
-Your favourite Planet {Saturn, Mars ect}

--------------------

--- www.mishiiheart.blogspot.com ---
wkw427
post Jul 20 2009, 5:52 PM
Post #8

Cosmix Fairy

If you can talk about anything, just talk about stuff. Like cake and cheese. Or cheesecake.

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
humbu111
post Jul 20 2009, 7:58 PM
Post #9

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

dittadulla
post Jul 20 2009, 9:36 PM
Post #10

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Journalists

Or you could do something about languages.

--------------------
Another Morning
post Jul 22 2009, 8:25 PM
Post #11

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

You could talk about your favorite band/singer, like why you like them, your favorite of their songs, and some general background information like their country of origin.

--------------------
RIP Falicia (AngelDarkstorm, Anime-Princess) :: 01/19/1990 - 05/25/2013 :: I love you, Sisser.

"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." ~Oscar Wilde
humbu111
post Jul 22 2009, 8:57 PM
Post #12

Cosmix Fairy

--------------------

Credits to Bre for the forum set, and Ditty/Esca for the userbar :D

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 4:29 PM