Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Ideas, please?, I have to make a minute-long speech...
Rating 5 V
Jahnavi
post Jul 20 2009, 1:27 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

{I wasn't really sure if this topic should have gone in Study Help or General Help, because it's not really a general "homework help" question, but it is a school-related problem, so...}

My English teacher's set us an assignment, saying we have to pick any topic we like, and make a one-minute speech on it in front of the rest of the class. Public speaking isn't a problem for me; the thing is: it's been over a week, and I still have no idea what to talk about. And we have to make the speech this Wednesday. =P

Oh, and there are a few rules:
1. You can talk about anything you want, as long as the views are original. And you can't use a famous orator's speech or recite a poem.
2. It needs to run for as close as one minute as possible. And we will be graded on it, so I'd like to do my best not to ramble. xD
3. {This is more of a personal concern than a rule, though...} My teacher probably won't accept humorous pieces, so I'd like an interesting topic, if you have any ideas, but I can't talk about anything too out there... {Like one of my friends was suggesting I make a minute-long speech on why making minute-long speeches is pointless... xD}

So, yeah, that's about it. Any help at all would be SRSLY appreciated. Thanks a lot! ^^

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 11th June 2024 - 10:59 PM