Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> *Rp Competition Entry #5, Current rp'ers Ranma, Anime Princess, and Nightstorm [1 more neede
Ranma
post Jul 5 2008, 6:39 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

The setting, New England, 1692. During this period of time many horrible events took place, the most horrible being the Salem witch trials. Of course, this rp is not about the Salem witch trials. This rp is about something even darker. The world is overrun by demons, ghosts, and monsters. They hide in the shadows, they lurk in the corners, and they attack without warning. Few people know about such beings. News doesn't travel fast in these days, and if a demon kills everyone in a town, no one is going to know who or what did it.

A young vampire that was once human takes up the roll of a demon hunter for hire. He isn't the best guy in the world, but he's the best shot anyone has if they have to deal with the creatures of the neatherworld. However, don't be deceived! He isn't the only demon hunter this world has to offer, he's just one of many! In fact, most demon hunters have him in their little black book of demons to kill. This story is about them, the demon hunters, and the ones affected by their actions.

Character Bio:

Name:
Devlin Ulric Eginhard
Race: Vampire
Heritage: English with German ancestors
Birth Place: New York
Dislikes: Spending money, the day, being dressed by Alice
Appearance: Devlin is a tall vampire standing six feet above the ground. He has black hair with long bangs in the front that help frame his face and short cut hair in the back. He has blue eyes naturally, but if he is angered his eyes can easily change to red. He has pale skin, but he doesn’t look unhealthy. Of course, being a vampire, he has elongated canines. He has a strong athletic build. His muscles aren’t huge, but resemble that of a gymnast, dancer, or martial artist.
He wears multiple styles of clothing, but he is mostly seen in a unique outfit that was designed on a whim. He has many leather belts going down his left arm, starting at his shoulder and going all the way to his wrist; and on his right arm he has a loose sleeve that is barely attached to the rest of his outfit by a leather belt that “bites” the sleeve at one end, and “bites” the shirt at the other. The buckles on the belt that holds the sleeve resemble bat-like skulls. The sleeve itself is worse for wear and starts at the top of his bicep and works its way down to about the center of Devlin’s palm. He wears a skin-tight, sleeveless, black undershirt that travels up his neck a little; and on top of that he wears what resembles a tuxedo jacket. It has a cut trim style to it with many belts holding it together. He wears, on his upper chest, attached to the undershirt, a silver skull. He has two belts thrown over his shoulders. On the left belt, resting on his back at a slant facing diagonally top-left to bottom-right, resides the leather holder for his scythe. On the belt at his waist, which also has a bat skull buckle like on his sleeve, on his back slanting downwards is the sheath for his sword. At his right hip rests his gun. He wears black slack pants with two belts wrapped around the upper part of his left leg. On his feet he dons black boots to match the rest of his outfit.
Devlin’s scythe is a long scythe like the Grim Reapers. It is capable of folding up so that Devlin can place the scythe in the holder on his back. On the top of the scythe traveling down from the top of the actual blade to the actual pole are many silver ghoul faces to give the scythe a menacing look. The blade itself is silver and the pole is black. On the bottom of the pole resides a silver decoration resembling a skull. When the scythe and Devlin reach full power the ghoul’s eyes glow red, and black mist pours from their mouths.
Devlin’s sword is a large crystal blade with many runes going down the center. Due to the blades crystal nature the actual edges of the blade are invisible to the player until the sword reaches full power. Until then all that can be seen is the sword’s silver lining within the crystal. The blade handle is silver with a bat skull at the center. The hand guard resembles bat wings, and a jewel rests at the bottom of the hilt. The sword’s sheath is made of metal, and has many skulls decorating it. When Devlin and the sword reach full power the runes glow red with the blood of his fallen enemies and the invisible, crystal blade becomes visible; showing the true length and width of the sword.
Devlin’s gun is right out of the sixteen hundreds, uses gun powder and everything. At least, that is the design. Devlin’s bullets are made from his own energy, and no gun powder is required to fire the gun. The gun has a wooden handle and silver barrel. A silver, crescent moon decorates the gun’s handle. When Devlin and the gun reach full power the gun glows with a silver aura and every shot fired is a big, glowing ball of black and silver energy.

Back Story: Devlin was born into a poor family in New York in 1671. He lost his family to disease because they could not afford to pay the doctors for medicine, and he was forced to somehow make it on his own. He worked many odd jobs so that he could afford to eat and keep a roof over his head. It wasn’t much, but he wasn’t bitter with the world. He didn’t like the stuck up, upper class citizens, but he knew that the world wasn’t going to change because he didn’t like it. If there was one thing that Devlin believed in, it was his own two hands. As lazy as he was when it came to wanting to do work, once he got working he went all out.
He was walking home one night from one of his jobs when someone yanked him into an abandoned alleyway. He would have fought back but he was taken by surprise, and before he knew it he felt a sharp pain in his neck. His strength was quickly being drained away from him and all he could do is lay there as his blood left his body. He lost consciousness. He woke up the next night inside of a cellar. He didn’t know how he had gotten there but he decided to go back home. He winced when he realized that his bosses would probably fire him for not showing up for work. He found out the hard way the next day that sunlight hurt him, and it wasn’t long after that he started to find out his other abilities. Finally he met another of his kind and could give what he had become a name; vampire.
He learned quite a bit from the vampire; but the vampire, being a demon hunter, eventually fell in battle, leaving Devlin to fend for himself once again. Devlin took from the vampire his demon slaying weapons: A sword imbued with powerful runes, and a strange gun that was never loaded. Devlin decided to take up the vampire’s profession and become a full fledged demon hunter himself. It was more exciting than his old jobs, and it paid better too.
Towards the end of 1691, Devlin took refuge in an old abandoned church. He wanted to rest for a while before going on his next mission. His last mission had given him a new magical weapon, a scythe, but he was so drained that he just wanted to sleep for a while. His sleep would have to wait, however, because a young girl stormed into the abandoned church scared out of her mind. Devlin kept himself hidden and watched the girl as she prayed for her life at the Altar. He didn’t know exactly what was going on, but shortly after the girl kneeled down to pray, a small group of demons barged into the church to take the girl.
Devlin couldn’t let the girl be killed by the demons, so he decided to kill a few demons for free. Even though he was tired, the demons were weak compared to the type that he was used to slaying, and they fell fast. The girl explained that the demons came out of nowhere and murdered her family. She was kept hidden, but the demons sniffed her out and she was forced to flee. She introduced herself as Alice Annabelle Whiteharte. Devlin would have left her alone, but she didn’t leave the church, his chosen resting place, after he had saved her. The next night he saw that she was still sitting in the same spot that she was in the previous night. She looked too pathetic to leave her alone, and he invited her to travel with him. She agreed and told him that she could mend his clothes for him to earn her keep.
Since then Alice followed Devlin around making and mending his clothes. They got along pretty well, but Devlin complained often that Alice spent more money altering and mending his clothes than he spent on buying them. She came in handy every now and again though. Sometimes she could hold his weapons for him when he went on missions that required him to keep his weapons hidden. After everything was said and done he liked having a traveling companion. However, he hated that his travels suddenly became more expensive.
Now the year is 1692. Devlin doesn't have any enemies to speak of other than the demons, vampires, and werewolves he hunts for money, but all that is going to change. He agreed to take a mission that required him to kill a wealthy businessman that the townsfolk suspected of being a vampire. The businessman was holding a party for the upper class citizens in the area, and Devlin was going to crash it. He entered the party wearing a well crafted tux, accompanied by the beautiful Alice Whiteharte. No one suspected that her oversized purse held a scythe, a sword, a gun, and a change of clothes. The party was going off without a hitch, until the businessman's identity was brought out in the open. Now Devlin was up against a vampire and a horde of ghouls in the middle of a crowded party area. Devlin realized that with that much protection, the businessman vampire was not his average hunt. All hell broke loose.

This post has been edited by Ranma: Jul 9 2008, 6:24 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Ranma   *Rp Competition Entry #5   Jul 5 2008, 6:39 AM
- - Anime Princess   Character Name: Alice Annabelle Whiteharte Race: H...   Jul 5 2008, 7:03 AM
- - Jahnavi   (( Can the protagonists go against each other? My ...   Jul 6 2008, 8:21 AM
- - Ranma   ((I don't mind, but if she tries fighting Devl...   Jul 6 2008, 8:24 AM
- - Nightstorm   ((Well then, I guess I have no other choice but to...   Jul 6 2008, 9:00 AM
- - Ranma   ((How was cloning possible in 1692?))   Jul 6 2008, 10:48 AM
- - Nightstorm   ((That's like asking "How can you get met...   Jul 6 2008, 10:58 AM
- - Anime Princess   i have a question do i have to actualy read your i...   Jul 6 2008, 11:13 AM
- - Nightstorm   ((You don't have to. It's really just ther...   Jul 6 2008, 11:14 AM
- - Anime Princess   ((good i only just got home from the movies and i ...   Jul 6 2008, 11:21 AM
- - Jahnavi   (( Wait, is it 1692 or 1962? ))   Jul 6 2008, 12:45 PM
- - Nightstorm   ((1692. We're talking about the good old times...   Jul 6 2008, 1:08 PM
- - Jahnavi   I was just confused, because of what Ranma said in...   Jul 6 2008, 3:27 PM
- - Ranma   ((That was a typo, thanks for helping me find it ^...   Jul 6 2008, 4:54 PM
- - Jahnavi   (( Sorry, but I can only post my character bio tom...   Jul 6 2008, 6:15 PM
- - Nightstorm   ((I don't mind waiting. My drawings for my cha...   Jul 7 2008, 1:23 AM
- - Ranma   ((I hate to say this, but it's been a couple o...   Jul 8 2008, 3:28 PM
- - Nightstorm   ((I finally finished Solara 2.0 - yes, I know it...   Jul 9 2008, 2:22 PM
- - Jahnavi   Name: Felicia Abbot Age: 28 Gender: Female Birt...   Jul 9 2008, 4:10 PM
- - Ranma   ((Awesome we can get started now. Alice will be wi...   Jul 9 2008, 11:38 PM
- - Anime Princess   Alice was heading to where she was ment to meet de...   Jul 10 2008, 3:04 AM
- - Ranma   "I better get out of here." Devlin thoug...   Jul 10 2008, 6:17 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice looked around trying to see if she could spo...   Jul 10 2008, 6:20 AM
- - Ranma   "Rest in piece" Devlin thought as he lef...   Jul 10 2008, 6:57 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice noticed devlin leaving and sped up a bit to ...   Jul 10 2008, 7:02 AM
- - Ranma   Devlin stopped. He knew Alice was following him. ...   Jul 10 2008, 9:19 AM
- - Anime Princess   "hey devlin" said alice   Jul 10 2008, 9:23 AM
- - Ranma   "Alice, what's up?" He asked. ...   Jul 10 2008, 9:25 AM
- - Anime Princess   "no i actualy just got here and saw you walki...   Jul 10 2008, 9:28 AM
- - Ranma   "Good, she didn't mention the book....   Jul 10 2008, 9:34 AM
- - Anime Princess   "ok say did you get the book of magic" s...   Jul 10 2008, 9:36 AM
- - Ranma   At that moment every eye on the villiage was on De...   Jul 10 2008, 9:51 AM
- - Anime Princess   "no silly i mean the magic book"   Jul 10 2008, 9:53 AM
- - Ranma   "Did they say magic?" A villiager whispe...   Jul 10 2008, 9:59 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice loo0ked at devlin confused   Jul 10 2008, 10:03 AM
- - Ranma   "Okay, let's try this cook book out and m...   Jul 10 2008, 10:25 AM
- - Jahnavi   Felicia looked up, and noticed the large crowd....   Jul 10 2008, 11:15 AM
- - Ranma   "Yeah, how dare you!" Devlin yelled....   Jul 10 2008, 11:34 AM
- - Jahnavi   "I am so sorry for how these people are behav...   Jul 10 2008, 5:01 PM
- - Anime Princess   "ok" replied alice   Jul 10 2008, 7:43 PM
- - Ranma   "We really have to get going." Devlin sa...   Jul 10 2008, 10:12 PM
- - Anime Princess   "ok i'm comeing" said alice   Jul 11 2008, 2:04 AM
- - Ranma   "Right. Well, thanks for your hospitality mis...   Jul 11 2008, 5:15 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice followed devlin   Jul 11 2008, 5:20 AM
- - Ranma   "You're being pretty quiet today......   Jul 11 2008, 6:31 AM
- - Anime Princess   "no i'm fine" replied alice   Jul 11 2008, 8:37 AM
- - Ranma   "Then why are you being so quiet." Devli...   Jul 11 2008, 8:57 AM
- - Jahnavi   "Well, alright..." Felecia said, althoug...   Jul 11 2008, 2:58 PM
- - Anime Princess   "well i cant really think of anything to say...   Jul 11 2008, 10:12 PM
- - Ranma   "She's up to something." Devlin thou...   Jul 11 2008, 10:56 PM
- - Anime Princess   Alice continued to walk   Jul 11 2008, 11:00 PM
- - Ranma   "Well, this is the inn I booked." Devlin...   Jul 12 2008, 12:05 AM
- - Anime Princess   "ok" replied alice   Jul 12 2008, 12:16 AM
- - Ranma   "Okay." Devlin said as he walked into th...   Jul 12 2008, 12:39 AM
- - Anime Princess   (i will eventualy me a bit tired) Alice followed ...   Jul 12 2008, 12:48 AM
- - Nightstorm   It was to be understood if mistakes were made. It...   Jul 13 2008, 12:53 AM
- - Ranma   Devlin, due to Alice's odd behavior and his co...   Jul 13 2008, 5:56 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice dashed forwards and picked the book up   Jul 13 2008, 5:59 AM
- - Jahnavi   "What are you doing?" Felicia shrieked, ...   Jul 13 2008, 8:30 AM
- - Nightstorm   ((That will work too. Maybe that was what I'd ...   Jul 13 2008, 8:49 AM
- - Anime Princess   After grabbing the book alice imediatly moved back...   Jul 13 2008, 8:55 AM
- - Jahnavi   "Please, stop!" Felicia yelled.   Jul 13 2008, 12:18 PM
- - Ranma   Devlin's grip was firm and he wouldn't let go. Ins...   Jul 13 2008, 6:29 PM
- - Nightstorm   Expecting the gun to fire ahead of time, Solara je...   Jul 13 2008, 11:25 PM
- - Ranma   "Heh, sorry, but that ain't gonna work....   Jul 14 2008, 3:43 AM
- - Nightstorm   Solara's blade had already gained momentum fro...   Jul 14 2008, 4:21 AM
- - Ranma   Devlin jumped back to clear some space between the...   Jul 14 2008, 4:39 AM
- - Nightstorm   "No," was the only word that left Solara...   Jul 14 2008, 4:47 AM
- - Ranma   Devlin blocked the sword with his gun, sheathed hi...   Jul 14 2008, 5:15 AM
- - Nightstorm   Solara used the momentum from Devlin's block t...   Jul 14 2008, 5:29 AM
- - Ranma   Devlin ducked the attack and commanded the scythe ...   Jul 14 2008, 6:55 AM
- - Nightstorm   Solara was forced to spin around and bring her fla...   Jul 14 2008, 10:12 AM
- - Ranma   Devlin grinned as he changed the scythe into it...   Jul 14 2008, 11:05 AM
- - Nightstorm   That was enough of this. Solara was growing tired ...   Jul 14 2008, 8:48 PM
- - Ranma   He reeled the scythe in and blocked the kick with ...   Jul 14 2008, 11:01 PM
- - Jahnavi   "We've got to do something to stop them...   Jul 16 2008, 3:42 PM
- - Nightstorm   There's no way she could dodge the hit, but So...   Jul 16 2008, 5:26 PM
- - Anime Princess   "uhm i'm not sure if trying to get in bet...   Jul 16 2008, 8:25 PM
- - Ranma   "Tch! The sun's coming up soon!...   Jul 16 2008, 11:48 PM
- - Jahnavi   "I know," Selena agreed. "But we...   Jul 17 2008, 2:51 PM
- - Nightstorm   Solara dashed forwards towards Devlin and immediat...   Jul 17 2008, 6:18 PM
- - Anime Princess   this woman just came out of no where and attacked ...   Jul 17 2008, 7:33 PM
- - Ranma   Devlin sneered as he released his scythe into the ...   Jul 18 2008, 12:31 AM
- - Jahnavi   "I wonder why she did that..." Felicia t...   Jul 18 2008, 1:26 PM
- - Nightstorm   ((Yeah, I know that this is a long post, but I fel...   Jul 19 2008, 3:34 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice looked at solara confused   Jul 19 2008, 3:53 AM
- - Jahnavi   "We have to take her to a physician!...   Jul 19 2008, 8:42 AM
- - Ranma   Devlin was about to attack Solara again, but stopp...   Jul 19 2008, 7:45 PM
- - Anime Princess   "ok" replied alice   Jul 19 2008, 8:32 PM
- - Ranma   Devlin started to walk to the tavern's exit.   Jul 20 2008, 5:20 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice followed devlin still wondering who exsactly...   Jul 20 2008, 8:45 AM
- - Jahnavi   Felicia healed the woman's wound as Devlin had...   Jul 21 2008, 1:15 PM
- - Nightstorm   ((Well. That was... unexpected...)) If Devlin had...   Aug 18 2008, 8:09 AM
- - Jahnavi   Felicia shrieked and jumped up.   Aug 18 2008, 8:16 AM
- - Anime Princess   Alice turned around hearing the shreik   Aug 18 2008, 8:17 AM
- - Nightstorm   "Gah! What?!" Solara nearly yell...   Aug 18 2008, 8:23 AM
- - Jahnavi   "Your hair!" Felicia said. "It ...   Aug 18 2008, 9:43 AM
- - Nightstorm   "Huh?" Solara glanced up, but still she ...   Aug 18 2008, 10:09 AM
- - Jahnavi   "Well, that's what that man told me to do...   Aug 18 2008, 10:26 AM
- - Nightstorm   Solara sighed and shook her head. She clenched her...   Aug 18 2008, 10:39 AM
2 Pages V   1 2 >

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 2:14 AM