> New School Year
Bloom girl
post Sep 9 2011, 3:14 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Members

Hm.. I thought this was the right forum to post this topic xD
Umm..anyway

I know that, for the most of you, school has already started [again]. Schools start here on Monday 12/09, by the way.
You have unwinded and "recharged your batteries" during the summer holidays, you are one year older & ready(?) to spend the next 10 months at a desk, at school & spending endless hours at studing...

Some of you may have changed school. (for example, you may have finished elementary school & you will go to junior high school) This is really good (from the one side), because you'll make new acquaintances.

I will go to high school this year. Fortunately, I will be in the same school with almost all of my friends.
Unfortunately, this year is going to be really hard for ALL the greek students. And that's because the government doesn't have enough money to print books. We won't have any books! It is said that we will be given out photocopies instead! But photocopies will cost more to the government than printing books! It is also rumored that the will give us the school books after Christmas! The situation in my country is a bit worring now. They did a big mistake, a very big mistake; they completely ruined education.
However, the educational system in Greece was never really good. What I mean is that, state schools provide education to the majority of students and do not help weaker students. (another example -->) Most of the laboratories in state schools are closed and students miss the opportunity to carry out experiements in chemistry or physics and they are not motivated to study harder because just the theory is boring.
This is the reason why parents pay extra money (if they afford the expences) to send their children to prepatory schools after school, in order the child to overcome his/her weaknessess (if the student is weak) or to improve his/her skills. Furthermore, if you want to achieve a diploma in a foreign language (English,German etc.) you have to go to a prepatory school or get lessons at home by a tutor, in order to be prepared properly for the examinations. [Diplomas in foreign languages are really important in order to find a job]
As a result, students in my country (including me) spend many hours at prepatory schools, after school, every day, so when they go home, they have to study for school, do their homework &... they don't have any free time for themselves, to exercise or do other activities or go out with their friends and have fun.
Education is an integral part of our lives. The greek government "killed" education, they "killed" our future...

I'm learning English since I was 6. (I'm going to a prepatory school 4 times a week to have english lessons) I already got 2 diplomas in English language; "Lower" & "Advanced". On the 24th of November I'm going to take an exam in order to achieve a "Proficiency" diploma. I hope I pass the exams!

Anyway..
I would be very happy to hear (actually read xD ) what you have to say about this topic, about school & education & about your new school year :)

I hope you have a nice new school year. All of you. :3

P.S. : If there are any mistakes in my text, please tell me.
P.S. No2 : Ooops.. I used the phrase "in order to" too many times xD tongue.gif LOL
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Bloom girl   New School Year   Sep 9 2011, 3:14 PM
- - mightymarty2   Well good luck with all your studies. I have heard...   Sep 9 2011, 3:39 PM
- - Another Morning   Having graduated high school and abandoned college...   Sep 9 2011, 4:09 PM
- - Bloom girl   Thank you very much. I hope everything goes well :...   Sep 9 2011, 5:51 PM
- - empire_c2   I just started college on Tuesday, and it is defin...   Sep 10 2011, 2:23 AM
- - alicia_musa   i started 8th grade about like maybe 6 weeks ago -...   Sep 10 2011, 2:36 AM
- - Another Morning   I've never heard of AVID, no O: I looked it up...   Sep 10 2011, 6:46 AM
- - imdepressedxo   Very different education system and holiday system...   Sep 10 2011, 2:48 PM
- - alicia_musa   no avid means advancement via individual determina...   Sep 10 2011, 3:58 PM
- - empire_c2   ooh my sister did I.B. good luck with it. That...   Sep 10 2011, 8:07 PM
- - Another Morning   They aren't exactly the same, but I think it w...   Sep 10 2011, 9:12 PM
- - Bloom girl   Thank you and good luck to everyone, too Today wa...   Sep 12 2011, 6:11 PM
- - alicia_musa   im sick today so i didnt go to school i would sti...   Sep 12 2011, 6:23 PM
- - Another Morning   I hope you start feeling better, alicia_musa D: An...   Sep 12 2011, 6:26 PM
- - alicia_musa   thank you   Sep 12 2011, 6:27 PM
- - mightymarty2   Get well soon alica_musa @Bloom girl: Lets hope t...   Sep 12 2011, 7:28 PM
- - alicia_musa   thank you   Sep 12 2011, 7:29 PM
- - dittadulla   The school system in Iceland is a bit different, t...   Sep 12 2011, 9:16 PM
|- - Bloom girl   @alica_musa : I hope you get well soon :) QUOTE (...   Sep 14 2011, 11:28 AM
- - winxclubrox23   As of three weeks ago, I've started grade 12, ...   Sep 12 2011, 11:43 PM
- - Another Morning   Good luck to Ditty and Tea being in your last year...   Sep 12 2011, 11:57 PM
- - mightymarty2   Good luck to both of you   Sep 13 2011, 7:34 AM
- - dittadulla   QUOTE (winxclubrox23 @ Sep 12 2011, 11:43...   Sep 13 2011, 6:54 PM
- - Bloom girl   Sorry for double-posting..but no one had replied t...   Oct 14 2011, 4:19 PM
- - mightymarty2   The problem is they cann't as they are tring t...   Oct 14 2011, 4:27 PM
- - earth123   Although I left greek school when i was 9, , I can...   Oct 15 2011, 12:28 AM

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 4th June 2024 - 11:40 AM