Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Shortcomings of season 3
SpiderBraids
post Jun 5 2016, 8:25 AM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

I ran this idea by Marty a while back and he gave me the okay for it, so here goes... Here's a somewhat unpopular opinion: I think season 3 is weakest season of Winx Club.

Sure, it didn't help that it came off the heels of the best season ever, but I think season 3 wouldn't stand up well against any season, except maybe S5... Back in the day, a review of the S3 finale commented that "It feels like Rainbow concentrated all their talents on the movie (the first one - SB) and gave us a bunch of badly-written, trite episodes that are frustrating because they could have been so much more." (Emphasis mine)

That's the problem with the season, many were expecting S3 to be "so much more" based on the promise of the early episodes. These problems probably aren't as apparent if you're binge-watching, but when you're looking forward to how the story plays out on a weekly basis, many of these probably made viewers go "...That's it?"

No Florelia (tm summerautumn @ UnaDiNoi-Winx)

Back in season 1, when Timmy and Tecna were paired off, the fandom was more-or-less like "Pairing off the nerds? Really?" By the end of season 2, though, developments involving the two made them more accepted by the fans (though I'll let you decide for yourself which dub did it better icon_smile.gif)

Season 2 saw Helia's arrival at Red Fountain, and he eventually paired off with Flora. Once again, the fandom were indifferent about the pairing, but if S2 could make us care for T/T, S3 was going to give us a reason to care about Florelia, right?

Well, after appearing in the season premiere, Helia proceeded to disappear until... episode 14? icon_confused.gif By the time the two went together on the Tecna rescue mission a few episodes later, it took one reviewer quite a bit of time to remember their relationship icon_confused.gif

Now, I'd never want Florelia to become the next MuRi or Bloom/Sky, but IMO they never got a decent storyline until S6's Snow Queen arc icon_confused.gif (And even then there was this sense of "They're arguing about vines??")

This post has been edited by SpiderBraids: Jun 5 2016, 8:32 AM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 10:02 PM