Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> The Age of Auto-Tune
Boo
post May 1 2010, 2:24 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Lately, I've been finding more and more that I prefer listening to those artists that truly have talent... who can honestly sing. Whenever I really start enjoying the music of any one artist, I search Youtube for live performances; curious to see if they really have a great voice, and if they do, I gain a great respect for them.

Wait, what!? Nowadays we find that respect is accompanied with those who can actually sing? Why is that?
Oh yes, we're so used to artists that can't, so now when we find someone who really does have talent, we instantly admire them.

Am I the only person who thinks it shouldn't be this way? Gone are the days of only becoming famous if you actually have talent, now it seems that any pretty face can sell an album. (Or any actress who feels they need to make even more money).

Uugh; it just... bothers me. I see all of these new super-popular, Grammy-winning, rich, and famous singers... and they can't even sing their own song without hitting over a dozen flat notes... They have the money... the fame... but they lack talent. Therefore, I believe, they do not deserve anything they've been given.
But it seems that nobody realizes it. So many people love them. Why? They're pretty or cute and auto-tune makes them sound just amazing.

So here is what this comes down to: Am I the only one that is disturbed by this? (Please, please ease my mind and tell me that I'm not)

--------------------
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door, that we do not see the one which has opened for us. -Helen Keller
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 16th June 2024 - 4:32 AM