Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Finding My Wings, Being a fairy isnt as easy as you think
Jahnavi
post Aug 8 2008, 5:00 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

Finding My Wings is the story of a young fairy in Magix. The story happens long before the time of the Winx Club. In fact, for most of the story, Faragonda and Griselda are students themselves. Also, Alfea School For Fairies was then called "Lady Reyna Lucasta's Academy Of Magick". You'll find out why the name has been changed through the story. Anyway, all teenagers go through tons of problems during adolescence, and the fact that Magick exists doesn't really help. My story shows you the not-so-glamorous side of a fairy's life...

Please comment! Constructive criticism will be happily accepted.

--------------------

Chapter One

"I am unwritten,
Can't read my mind,
I'm undefined,
I'm just beginning,
The pen's in my hand,
Ending unplanned..."
- Unwritten, Natasha Bedingfield

Faye Lovelock was a fairy, studying at Lady Reyna Lucasta's Academy Of Magick. She was an average student; her grades were nothing like her prodigious roommate's, but she did well enough to get by. She had a pretty average life too. She lived with her mother and sister in an apartment in Downtown Magix. As for her father... Well, let's just say that she didn't really like to talk about him.

Anyway, maybe you'll have a better understanding of Faye if you actually see who she is, as opposed to me telling you...

'Faye!' My roommate, Faragonda shrieked, pulling out of bed, and onto a hard and unmerciful floor.
'What?' I asked, rubbing my left elbow, which had borne the brunt of my fall.
'You were doing it again!' She looked down at me; her eyes glittered like big black jewels in the moonlight.
'Doing what again?' I asked, surprised that I was even able to stay awake long enough to continue a conversation in the middle of the night.
'You were chanting spells in your sleep!' Faragonda finally stated, as if it were obvious.
'Oh.' That was all I could say.
'Oh? That's all you can say?!' She demanded. 'Do you know how dangerous this is?'
'Apparently not.' I said, grinning.
'It's not funny! Your actions could have adverse consequences.' She said, sternly.
Faragonda Silverfire takes things too seriously.
'I'm sure that I didn't cause anything earth-shattering...' I said, yawning. (Told you I wouldn't last very long!)
'That's the point!' Fara said to me. 'You could have done just about anything! You could've generated a meteorite that's headed straight for us... Or reversed the effects of gravity... Or you could even have changed the grades on our tests!' She paled after she had said the last option.
'What did I say, Fara?' I asked her.
'What do you mean, what did you say?' She retorted.
'What did I say in the spell? What was it about?' I demended.
Fara twirled a lock of hair around with her fingers. 'Well, I don't exactly know.' She admitted sheepishly. 'I mean, I'm sure that you were reciting a spell, I could tell by your intonation. The thing is that I didn't really listen to any of the spell, I just woke you up straight away.'
'Well then, how do you know it was so catastrophic?' I demanded, getting up.
'I... Well... Okay! I over-reacted.' She confessed.
'Hah.' I said triumphantly, crossing my arms.
'Although knowing you...' Fara began.
'Hey!' I cut in, sharply.
'Kidding!' Fara laughed.
'Can I go back to sleep now?' I asked, falling back into bed.
'But if you start sleep-spelling again...' Fara looked skeptical.
'Don't worry...' I assured her.
'Okay, fine.' She agreed, getting into her own bed.

A few hours later...

'Earth, Air, Water, Fire...
Come fall prey to my desire...'
'Faye!'
There was a rustling of sheets, and before I knew it, I was on the floor. Again. This was going to be a long night.
Sunlight swam through the curtains. I opened one eye, and surveyed my surroundings. It was morning.
Fara's bed was empty! I sighed, hoping that I'd finally get some peace and...
'Faye!'
Oh crap.

If you gave me a penny for every time I'd heard Fara call my name in the past twenty-four hours, I'd be a millionaire by now.
'Yes, Faragonda?' I asked, shutting the eye I had opened.
'You missed your first class!' She declared.
'WHAT?!' I shrieked, falling out of bed. Again. 'You're kidding, right? You just said that to get me out of bed, right?' I could feel my heart beating a hundred times a minute.
'No, I'm serious.' Fara said, pointing to a large clock on the wall. It read 9:45 AM. Fara really was serious.
I checked my class schedule. Great. My first class was with Lady Reyna herself. Principal Lucasta was a strict disciplinarian. She would not be pleased.
'Why didn't you wake me up?' I whined, throwing on a white shirt.
'I did, several times.' Fara said. 'And you kept saying you'd be up right away!'
'You believed that?' I argued, fiddling with the button on my jeans.
'Well, yes!' Fara said.
'After everything that happened last night, you couldn't pull me out of bed when it was really important?'
'You said you hated that!'
'At two in the morning, I did!' I brushed my long hair into a pony-tail. 'But if I'm ever late for class again, don't hesitate to do that!'
'Okay, okay!' Fara said. 'Calm down!'
'How do I look?' I asked. 'Have I worn my shirt inside-out? Or are my pants on backwards?'
'You look fine.' Fara assured me. 'And you're still in time for our next class.'
'What class do we have next?' I asked Faragonda, between large mouthfuls of a candy bar that I had found on my desk.
'We have Battle Training, with Professor Kariinya next.' Fara replied.
'And then?' I asked, licking some of the leftover chocolate off of the wrapper.
'And we have a couple more classes before we're done for the day.'
'Huh? How come?' I asked.
'For God's sake, Faye! Tonight's the annual Start of Term Ball!'
'That's tonight?!' I nearly choked on the plastic wrapper.
'The last day of the first month of the new school year!' Fara said, pointing at the calendar on her bedside table.
Oh crap. Again.
'You do have a dress, right?' Fara asked.
'Of course!' For once, I was prepared.
'So, what's the problem?'
'Well...' I began, 'The problem is...'

--------------------

Yup, that's it for now. I really want to do my best to improve my writing style, so like I said, please comment. I'm open to constructive criticism, so feel free to tell me if I'm doing anything wrong.

This post has been edited by Jahnavi: Mar 1 2009, 6:42 AM

--------------------
"We read to know that we are not alone." - C. S. Lewis
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Jahnavi   Finding My Wings   Aug 8 2008, 5:00 PM
- - MorriganAensland   Well, so far this has been pretty interesting. One...   Aug 8 2008, 6:18 PM
- - Jahnavi   Thanks, glad you liked it. ^^ Oh, and about the w...   Aug 9 2008, 1:09 AM
- - esca Eterna   Jah-a-navi!! I like it a lot so far, very ...   Aug 18 2008, 9:25 PM
- - dittadulla   so great^_^ so great story ^-^   Aug 18 2008, 9:36 PM
- - humbu111   Nice. Its creative and interesting. I agree with e...   Aug 18 2008, 10:32 PM
|- - Stella303   LOVE IT   Sep 2 2008, 11:57 PM
- - StellaRocks   wow this is really good^.^keep on going   Sep 3 2008, 11:42 AM
- - Riiana   Its pretty amazing, keep going!   Sep 3 2008, 4:01 PM
- - Another Morning   I really like it so far! ^^ It's an intere...   Mar 1 2009, 8:20 AM
- - Abdu 6b   Jahnavi you are very gooood! *Round of 20 minu...   Mar 15 2009, 1:31 AM
- - Jahnavi   I couldn't update for a long while because of ...   Mar 15 2009, 4:12 AM
- - Another Morning   Yay! I was wondering when the next chapter wou...   Mar 15 2009, 4:50 AM
- - Jahnavi   I was hoping to have the next chapter up by now, b...   Mar 15 2009, 1:06 PM
- - Another Morning   Aww, just work on it when you can. I know real lif...   Mar 16 2009, 7:28 AM
- - Boo   I like how natural the conversation sounds between...   Mar 16 2009, 11:04 PM
- - Abdu 6b   Awesome so far, I'm waiting for next entry :) ...   Jun 16 2009, 1:18 AM
- - Jahnavi   I come bearing updates, I come bearing UPDATES...   Jun 20 2009, 4:10 PM
- - MorriganAensland   This was a fun chapter. Self-contained and with a...   Jun 20 2009, 9:07 PM
|- - Jahnavi   QUOTE (MorriganAensland @ Jun 21 2009, 02...   Jun 21 2009, 9:16 AM
- - Another Morning   YAY new chapter! I really liked this one, it ...   Jun 21 2009, 4:28 AM
- - MorriganAensland   Ah. My mistake, but I'll keep that in mind no...   Jun 21 2009, 12:00 PM
- - Purityangel   Great story! Can't wait to see the next on...   Jun 21 2009, 3:41 PM
- - Jahnavi   Thanks, Trice! ^^   Jun 21 2009, 3:58 PM
- - Fortress Guy   I think you did a good job of establishing who the...   Jun 24 2009, 4:01 AM
|- - Jahnavi   QUOTE (Fortress Guy @ Jun 24 2009, 09:31 ...   Jun 24 2009, 3:31 PM
- - humbu111   Amazing as usual! Another really good, fun to ...   Jun 24 2009, 7:31 AM
- - Winx4eva!   Wow, Jahn-Jahn! What an Awesome, Creative, Fun...   Jun 24 2009, 3:48 PM
- - Jahnavi   Thanks so much, Mish! ^^   Jun 24 2009, 4:15 PM
- - Fortress Guy   Oh the format? I just noted that instead of doing...   Jun 24 2009, 11:23 PM
- - humbu111   QUOTE Aw, thanks Bu-Bro! ^^ And I'm glad y...   Jun 24 2009, 11:45 PM
- - Abdu 6b   This was an awesome chapter. Can't wait for th...   Jun 29 2009, 7:59 PM
- - Jahnavi   Thanks, Abdu! ^^ I'm about half-way throu...   Jun 29 2009, 8:05 PM
- - Abdu 6b   Sure   Jul 10 2009, 2:34 AM
- - Hyourinmaru   This is a good story. Continue soon!   Jul 28 2009, 8:30 AM
- - Abdu 6b   Continue soon please!   Aug 9 2009, 2:43 AM
- - rano0oma   wow!!! awesome please continue soon...   Nov 16 2009, 8:57 AM

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 6th June 2024 - 12:29 AM