Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Spice and Wolf, A wonderful light novel has finally been translated to english
Ranma
post Mar 3 2010, 5:10 AM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Senior Member

The life of a traveling merchant is a lonely one, a fact with which Kraft Lawrence is well acquainted. Wandering from town to town with just his horse, cart, and whatever wares have come his way, the peddler has pretty well settled into his routine - that is until the night Lawrence finds a wolf goddess asleep in his cart. Taking the form of a fetching girl with wolf ears and a tail, Holo has weried of tending to harvests in the countryside and strikes up a bargain with the merchant to lend him the cunning of "Holo the Wisewolf" to increase his profits in exchange for taking her along on his travels. What kind of businessman could turn down such an offer? Lawrence soon learns, though, that having an ancient goddess as a traveling companion can be a bit of a mixed blessing. Will this wolf girl turn out to be too wild to tame?

Okay, that's pretty much what's printed on the back of the book.
Spice and Wolf has an anime and a manga, but they are both based off of the book (and both change certain aspects of the story).

I have to say. I really love the characters in this light novel. The main character is a pretty good merchant, and though he's pretty wise for his age, he's constantly being showed up by his travelling companion Holo. The character's personalities are really well written.

((I'd also like to point out that her name is pronounced Horo. I know that when they dubbed it they say "Holo" but...if you read the original japanese text...well, it's an "R" sound... Well... aboud 60% "R" 30% "L" and 10% "D."))

The japanese cover - http://static.animekiwi.com/images/upload/...koshinryo01.jpg
english cover - http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51B0m%2BoJe%2BL.jpg

Here's the opening to the anime, in case some would rather watch the anime than read the book. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZkVmtYgQIc

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Posts in this topic
- Ranma   Spice and Wolf   Mar 3 2010, 5:10 AM
- - dittadulla   I came across this topic yesterday and stumbled up...   Mar 4 2010, 6:36 PM
- - Ranma   They sell it at most book stores. You can usually ...   Mar 4 2010, 6:54 PM
- - dittadulla   Yeah, I'm pretty sure they don't even have...   Mar 4 2010, 10:06 PM
- - Ranma   3rd book comes out in december. Also, I just noti...   Oct 29 2010, 4:39 AM
- - dittadulla   AnnieBelle reads the Visual Novels actually... I d...   Oct 29 2010, 3:59 PM
- - Ranma   Umineko is actually considered a "sound novel...   Oct 30 2010, 8:05 PM
- - dittadulla   Ah well, I always hear them referred just as VNs. ...   Oct 30 2010, 9:06 PM
- - Ranma   Was it confusing because of the economics involved...   Oct 31 2010, 1:44 AM
- - dittadulla   My thoughts exactly! He was extremely badass a...   Oct 31 2010, 1:28 PM
- - Ranma   Yeah, the Higurashi anime was great. I haven't...   Nov 9 2010, 8:57 AM
- - dittadulla   I've watched two episodes of Higurashi so far ...   Nov 9 2010, 4:21 PM
- - dittadulla   Allright so. I ordered all three S&W light no...   Dec 14 2010, 7:55 PM
- - Ranma   Yeah, I like the American art as long as it's ...   Jan 17 2011, 7:13 PM
- - dittadulla   Really?? I've been letting Annie feed me the s...   Jan 18 2011, 3:56 PM
- - Ranma   Kyrie isn't the culprit, I'm certain of it...   Jan 27 2011, 4:41 AM
- - dittadulla   Oh, you've got some nice points. See, I would ...   Jan 27 2011, 7:24 PM
- - Ranma   It's still not really proven that Shannon = Ka...   Feb 5 2011, 8:32 AM
- - Ranma   ignore this post...double post.... ...   Feb 14 2011, 12:40 AM
- - dittadulla   Wow, somehow that post really went past me oops......   Aug 4 2011, 7:07 PM
- - Ranma   Yes, and I now have the fifth. Sorry it took so lo...   Jan 18 2012, 3:46 AM

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th May 2024 - 10:04 AM