Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Surprise!
SpiderBraids
post Jan 31 2014, 4:10 PM
Post #1

Bloomix Fairy

Group: Members

Been meaning to post this one for a while now, might as well get it done during anniversary week icon_smile.gif
One word you probably normally wouldn't use to describe the writing in Winx is "surprising". Nevertheless, the writers have thrown quite a few curveballs over the past decade, and here are what I think are some of the best... (with a score on a scale from 1-10 for each one)

Spoiler!

1x15: Musa has the best grades 7. Until that ep, I thought (nay, took for granted even) that honor belonged to Tecna (like many of you I bet!) Flora being among the top two of the group gets a 7-8. (Anyone else wish that the writers would remember this from time to time? icon_confused.gif)
1x17: BrandonSky has a fiancee 6-7. I did read a mention of a character named Diaspro, but didn't think about it much until the episode came out.
2x17: Cloud Tower is a living thing 9-10. Especially for this to come up after so much time spent at CT.
2x21-22: Bloom never uses her Charmix in the Wildlands 9-10. While we could understand not having the "Mary Sue" be the first to use it, for her not to use it at all for the first two episodes after getting it must have blown quite a few viewers' minds.
2x23: Avalon turns out to be fake 6-7. Expected that he would be evil... but not an Armin Tamzarian (Simpsons ref FTW! icon_smile.gif)
3x07: Valtor has roots tying in to the Dragonfire 6-7. Most of the unexpected developments this season either went nowhere (Beta Academy) or were outright unwanted (Diaspro's banishment), but this was a pretty good one (even if it did make the season's plot ultimately about Bloom yet again icon_confused.gif)
4x24: The Black Gift 10. Consider what we expected to happen: Bloom would be mortally wounded, the Winx would have to choose between healing her or one of the Wizards of the Black Circle, and the Black Gift would make itself useful. Then consider what actually ended up happening... icon_surprised.gif
5x23: The girls visit Zenith again 7. Enchantix notwithstanding, it was more or less a given that the Sirenix gem quest would take the girls to everyone's home planet (well, their oceans anyway). But getting to see Tecna's planet above the surface later in the season proved a very pleasant surprise. (And Una Di Noi Winx's recent "Tecna @ Home" post is giving us hope that they'll visit it again this season icon_smile.gif)
5x21-26: Musa never uses her Sirenix wish 5-6. S5 had more of the same problems as season 3 (The Shark's Eye, Princess Krystal, Diaspro's return), so I was considering this as the biggest surprise for this season, until I remembered that 2nd Zenith trip.
6x02: Cloud Tower flies off 7-8. Season's still young, so there might be other surprises in store, but surely no one saw this one coming... (Think it's too much to hope the writers remember the other big CT surprise from S2? icon_confused.gif)

Your thoughts?

This post has been edited by SpiderBraids: Jan 31 2014, 4:19 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 20th September 2024 - 5:14 PM