Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Am I Being Selfish?
W.I.N.X
post Oct 28 2011, 1:09 PM
Post #1

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

To start out, I have been having a lot of anxiety issues as of late, and I've been feeling stressed and pressured about a number of things, namely social situations, school, and perhaps most prominently, my weight, but that's really a seperate issue. See, my friend has basically had a lot of boy troubles, her first boyfriend broke up with her a while back, and she's not sure how things are at the moment, and I'm a source of advice, despite the fact I've never had a boyfriend(another source of angst, but again, another issue altogether) and she comes to me for advice frequently. Now, usually I'm happy to help her out....but...I have issues too and sometimes I'm frankly sick of listening. I always kind of feel like I listen to everyone, and when I vent to her, she just nods, but is pretty clearly ignoring me. And I worry. A lot. So when she just ignores me, I feel...marginalised, like my problems don't count, because I just worry and you know, her boy troubles are so important and mine don't count because I've never been 'in love' with a boy or had a 'real' relationship, so I'm not mature. But then I stand back, nd I realize how mean that sounds...but am I being selfish? Is it wrong for me to be downright sick of listening to her when she doesn't listen to me? I feel like my problems are nothing, but then I stand back and I do have serious issues, espcially about my weight, and I'm starting to get scared. But as I said, I obsess incessantly, and when I vent to said friend, I feel like she's not listening and that she's rolling her eyes at me....I just don't know whether this is a bad thing or not...I just needed a bit of advice, and feel free to put me in my place if you do think I'm just being callous.

This post has been edited by W.I.N.X: Oct 28 2011, 1:13 PM

--------------------

Badge by Morny.
Personal Photo made by sailorvs4
Go to the top of the page

Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 5th June 2024 - 12:01 PM