5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Add Reply
> Season 4 Final, Episode 26 Discussion
Taa
post Nov 13 2009, 7:02 AM
Post #21

Pixie

Group: Members

There also wasn't the moment when Flora is all in green paint, though the painting episode is far behind.
The others may not be included either.
Go to the top of the page
Tiny Dragon
post Nov 13 2009, 7:37 AM
Post #22

Mythix Fairy

So my guess? Totally wrong. But what is the point of making scenes and clips if you aren't going to use them? Mind blowing.

But I did see Nabu twice. Totally the editting departments fault but he is there.

Everyone got their wish I guess. Layla doesn't have a boy anymore.

This post has been edited by Tiny Dragon: Nov 13 2009, 7:39 AM

--------------------
Dreaming_faerie
post Nov 13 2009, 7:41 AM
Post #23

Charmix Fairy

Yeah, just finished it. Um...

...I have some words for Winx Club and the writers/animators, but it's mostly cursing. Wow. Just wow.

--------------------
Tiny Dragon
post Nov 13 2009, 7:54 AM
Post #24

Mythix Fairy

It feels like there should be another episode after this. Is Musa and Riven even together? ANd what ahppen to Alfea? I wanted to see Alfea! I even missed those darn pixies.

--------------------
Dreaming_faerie
post Nov 13 2009, 8:00 AM
Post #25

Charmix Fairy

Gotta ask - Did we need all that dang time with the "Love & Pet" shop? We don't even see what the heck Layla is doing?

Yeah, thanks Winx writers. Killing a character and an awesome villain moment doesn't make up for this sort of stuff.

--------------------
Tiny Dragon
post Nov 13 2009, 8:04 AM
Post #26

Mythix Fairy

Bub whats up with Roxy? Is she going to Alfea? Is she part of the Winx Club?

--------------------
bubamara
post Nov 13 2009, 8:13 AM
Post #27

Bloomix Fairy

QUOTE (Tiny Dragon @ Nov 13 2009, 07:37 AM) *
Everyone got their wish I guess. Layla doesn't have a boy anymore.

I was thinking the same thing when I realized that he died...

OK, summary:

Spoiler!
Wizards try to run away from fairies. Gantlos at some point suggests that they surrender, since they are already weak, but Ogron refuses. When Layla and Nebula catch up with them, the fight starts and wizards are doing well. When it seems that wizards are going to win, Ogron tries to make fun of Layla saying: "You've tried to avenge Nabu, but you are not capable enough". But at that point the rest of the girls come and use magic convergence to beat them. They are not managing it, and Stella is thrown out the protective shield, but Roxy takes its place, then Stella, Layla, and eventually Nebula step in, and they manage to freeze wizards. The ground starts to shake, and it seems that place where they are is about to collapse, so girls want to escape, but Nebula says that she wants to stay there since she left light for the darkness because of wizards. But Bloom tells her that light is always inside of her, and takes her hand and leads her outside.

When they manage to get out, girls hug, and the ray of light shines from their hug, which is very strange for Omega dimension. (according to Sky and Brandon).
In her speech Morgana thanks winx for helping them, then says how Nabu was courageous and gave his life to protect them all, and that because of him, and all of them (fairies) they should respect life. She orders earth fairies to go to world of humans and make it better. She also announces that fairies will have new queen, and she will return to Gardenia, to her family. Since Roxy is very young, she asks Nebula to be the queen. Nebula is not willing, since she disobeyed Morgana, but Morgana tells her that she showed maturity by recognizing her mistakes, and that she is certain Nebula will be good queen.
Girls head to Gardenia, but Layla wants to take Nabu to Andros, so it seems that Nabu is somehow that flower. (I suppose she turned him into it? I don't get this magic stuff)

Back in Gardenia, Morgana takes wizards spell off Klaus, and he remembers her. She tells winx how, when she was a queen, she was tired of it and wanted to live among common people, so she went to Gardenia, met Klaus, had Roxy, and she was willing to give up her throne for them, but then wizards showed up, captured her, but since Roxy's powers didn't show they didn't know that she was a fairy, and that saved her.
The girls go to their Love and Pet, and they expect to find a disaster, but everything seems in perfect order, and they praise their pets. But, then, when Stella starts walking, they realize that they are actually looking in a curtain that is painted as their room and that room is mess, so Stella flips and starts yelling, but at that time somebody rings with sick pet. Flora decides to make an exception, and tend to pet even if they are closed, but then notices line of people that need help, so they open the store. And after long they, when they finally close, Jason shows up and tells them that if they want to sing, they need to get serious about it, and if not to tell him. Then he arranges their last show at Fruity Music Bar.
At same time Bloom gets call from Sky. Guys have to go back, Sky to his kingdom, and the rest of them in Red Fountain. Girls are not sure what to do, since they started so many things in Gardenia (rock band and love and pet), but Sky reminds them that they are guardians of magic universe.
They say that they have to think about it, but that they will see each other soon anyway.
Riven adds (to Musa): And the two of us will be together again.
Musa: Listen, Riven, I realized so much about you in these last couple of months.
Riven: I've realized that I need to change. Even I realized that I was wrong so many times. Please, give me another chance, I don't want to loose what we have. (they kiss)
Riven: What happened with Layla and Nabu...
Musa: Please, Riven, don't say anything...

Back at love and pet the girls are trying to decide what to do, and Layla comes back. She tells them how Nabu and her wanted to stay on Earth and had so many plans, and how everything reminds her of him, so she wants to stay.

On the day of the concert, guys help Klaus as a parting gift. Winx notice Faragonda in the crowd. Roxy says that, if the invitation is still valid, she would like to go to Alfea. Winx tell Faragonda that, though they want to be guardians of Magic Universe, they don't want to give up their dreams (I guess love and pet, and singing), and that they know its gonna be hard. Faragonda says something like: well, your magical journey leads through Gardenia, which I suppose mean they will stay on Earth.
They sing, fly a bit, and its THE END...

links:

vcast:
http://fb5.vcast.it/Fb00050002/CC/B4/mIn5X...000_1355111.avi
http://fb7.vcast.it/Fb00070003/E8/F8/KuFSl...000_1788876.mp4

Megaupload:
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=MT28XF39

This post has been edited by bubamara: Nov 13 2009, 8:25 AM
Tiny Dragon
post Nov 13 2009, 8:22 AM
Post #28

Mythix Fairy

Thanks for the summary Bub!

I am not all that impressed with the ending. Layla is once again a thirdwheel and it really feels like either the second movie is before the 4th season or they just ignore the whole season all together.

Bah! I feel like I should give up on Winx Club.

--------------------
Dreaming_faerie
post Nov 13 2009, 8:23 AM
Post #29

Charmix Fairy

Thank you for the summary!

So... he's a flower? So he just grew back in a few hours and came to watch Layla then?

--------------------
bloomfan15
post Nov 13 2009, 8:37 AM
Post #30

Mythix Fairy

i think season 4 confuses me all together. especially the ending.

--------------------

Thank you for the amazing last 14 years #WestlifeForever (L)

bubamara
post Nov 13 2009, 8:37 AM
Post #31

Bloomix Fairy

About Nabu being the flower, I don't think so. She looked at the flower and said I need to take Nabu back to Andros. The way I see it is that she keeps the flower as the memento of Nabu, and at the same time she somehow made his body "disappear" and when she comes to Andros she will make it appear. Some sort of magic, or something.

My feelings about this season are really mixed. It's like they tried to keep older fans, but still, younger fans are those who make profit, and, since they are growing company, the concept of winx club is more and more commercial.
For the older fans, (or from the people who are working on winx and still love them) we still have cool wizards, relationship problems (though some didn't like this drama), revengeful Nebula, cool Aurora, and so on.
But to make more profit, we have to sell more cute stuff, so we have pets (pixies were actually somehow related to plot, though they were cute, but they were funny as well, that's why they get their own show, can anybody imagine pets getting their own show?!), we have Roxy being Morgana's daughter, and this rock band business. I'm fairly sure that rock band is there just to promote winx club on concert. I mean, come on! Remember Stella from concert at Red Fountain? She can't sing even for her life. They could make it as them having good time in Fruity Music Bar. But no, they sing once, and sign contract, while Andy and his band just keep playing there???

Now, as far as the plot is concerned, the idea itself is very good, but to make more screen time for cute stuff, we had to have final battle so short. I mean, the battle when they got believix was so good, the battle with Duman was good, but this, although nice, was way too short! And we didn't get to see Alfea, we didn't get to see Layla at Andros, and it feels like it was rushed. The 21-25 were good paced, but this was way off.
And I had this feeling throughout all 26 episodes.

As for this glitch, showing Nabu, it's ughhhh.... I don't know what to say about it.

This post has been edited by bubamara: Nov 13 2009, 8:45 AM
Dreaming_faerie
post Nov 13 2009, 8:52 AM
Post #32

Charmix Fairy

You know, I liked this season. I thought it was the best out of all 4 that aired.

I liked Roxy, even if she did whine too much at the beginning. I don't mind her being a princess. I like Morgana being back with Klaus. (Was she even married to him or were they living together?) Oh man did I love Nebula (btw, um... I was using Killer Queen as a reference to Queen, I didn't know she'd become Queen! Quelle shock!) I can take and like the new transformations. I can even take the pets. As soon as I see a plush of the pets for sale, I am buying them. (Bunny first and foremost.)

However, the whole thing with Nabu sucked. It's one thing to have him die. It's another to not even wrap up loose ends and just rush it. Maybe it's not even that, but to include a glitch of him in the background not once, but twice?

Bah, the final parts of the ending just seemed poorly put together.

Also, the parts of Riven being jealous and him and Musa angsting all over again was redundant. Did we really need another season of them moping about one another? Sure, we had Brandon and Stella fighting, but that's it? No other couple could have screen time or else it means a probable death?

--------------------
bubamara
post Nov 13 2009, 9:02 AM
Post #33

Bloomix Fairy

Well, we had Bloom and Sky being jealous as well. Poor Timmy didn't get any screen time at all in the second part of the season, not that he had much of it in the first part, but hey.
I don't mind pets being there, flying around and so on, doing some crazy stunts. But we had at least 3 episodes watching each of girls taking care of pets for couple of minutes. This is OK in some filler episode, but in the season finale?
Killing Nabu seemed like a good idea at last episode, with the whole revenge stuff, but in this, it was like, oh, yeah, Nabu is dead, life goes on, let Layla take care of that, we have much more important earth business. Even Layla forgot about revenge. I wanted to see her fighting them, almost killing Ogron and then giving up on the revenge. This was... I don't know... Nothing...
Dreaming_faerie
post Nov 13 2009, 9:08 AM
Post #34

Charmix Fairy

I think the whole Winx fandom got trolled.

Iginio Straffi just trolled us. First Nabu's death, then making the last episode with too much dang time on the pet shop, the concert (but we all saw that coming), and using that flower as a red herring.

He only gets a B+ in trolling. Adachi Tohru did it so much better in Persona 4.

--------------------
bubamara
post Nov 13 2009, 9:16 AM
Post #35

Bloomix Fairy

I don't know what to think. Looking at trailer that TD posted, this seems surreal. Not just that they cut some parts (like flora covered with paint), but it seems like they changed plot. Timmy and Tecna at Alfea? Nabu and Layla at Alfea while Layla wears those clothes from Earth? They at some big concert? Musa and Riven have nice, normal relationship? Did they change plot at some point and then realized, OK, let's see what shots we have and just put together some ending?
If I didn't see the description for the movie, I would say they just decided to push part of the plot in S5 or the movie, but movie is gonna be about Bloom and Sky's wedding while Bloom is at Domino... Don't really get it. And the ending didn't actually seem like ending at all, except that, for some strange reason Faragonda showed up at concert.
winxclub-joy
post Nov 13 2009, 10:11 AM
Post #36

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

huh? Har? what?

--------------------
P-girl
post Nov 13 2009, 10:42 AM
Post #37

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Honor Members

.... *To baffled to actually talk, so here's a string of appropriate icons*

winxclub-joy
post Nov 13 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #38

Cosmix Fairy

Group: Former Staff

total disappointment is all I can say?

--------------------
wkw427
post Nov 13 2009, 12:42 PM
Post #39

Cosmix Fairy

Dissapointment reigns supreme. I'm going to rewatch episode 7 again because that has more epicness then this

--------------------
A.K.A. BANJOGATE

Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

I give my sincerest apologies if anything that I have mentioned in a post or image by me or relating to me, any word, ASCII character, vowel or constant is to be considered offensive in your native tongue. If it is, remember you're on the internet.
dejong12
post Nov 13 2009, 1:19 PM
Post #40

Enchantix Fairy

Although the season final was a little bit weird, I liked the season. I'm really disappointed that it's over now! I always were curious about the following episodes and now it's over. :'(
Very curious about season 5 and when it will air.

This post has been edited by dejong12: Nov 13 2009, 1:20 PM

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Add Reply
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:56 AM