Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Winx Club - Sirene
Magix Club's Forum > Winx Club > Other
Pages: 1, 2
Tiny Dragon
This post is via Dreaming_Faerie. As she is unable to post pictures I said I would for her.

Dreaming_Faerie:
I managed to find the Sirene book online and ordered it. I received it yesterday (Thanks again, ferragosto) and was finally able to scan it in today. So, after 2 and a half hours, I present the first 19 images for this book!

It's a hardcover storybook that's 51 pages. Not all the pages have pictures on them, but when they do, they are beautiful. I can't wait to try to translate this baby. The name is "Sirene - Le Winx nel mondo sottomarino di Andros" and it translates to "Siren - The Winx in the undersea world of Andros." I'm not sure if the world itself is called Sirene or if that is another name for the mermaids.

The back of the book reads, "Allertata da un oscuro presagio, Bloom raccoglie la richiesta di aiuto lanciata da due sirene in difficoltà. Una minaccia orribile, nascosta nei fondali di Andros, rischia di compromettere l'equilibrio del mondo sottomarino. Tra metamorfosi spettacolari e duelli mozzafiato, le Winx lotteranno contro il temutissimo Kraken, affiancando le Sirene, magia dopo magia, fino alla vittoria finale."

Translated, it's "Alerted from a dark omen, Bloom collects the famous request of help from two sirens in difficulty. A horrible threat, hidden in the backdrops of Andros, risky to compromise the balance of the undersea world. Between spectacular metamorphosis and duels, the Winx will fight against the feared Kraken, supporting the Sirens, magic after magic, until the final victory."

Now, for the record - I'm putting these images up without any watermark or that crap. I tried my best with these scans. Please, if you're going to spread these images around, at least give me, dreaming_faerie credit for scanning them. Refer people to this community (http://community.livejournal.com/winx_club/938280.html). Don't put your own watermark on them or claim you scanned/put up these images yourself. This is for the fans. Don't try to muck it up.

Now that that's over, let's get on with it!
This is the cover.

This is the back of it.

This is Kalia, mermaid of flowers.

Flora and Lockette.

Griselda

Kalia, from Bloom's dream

Nesia, from her dream as well.

Flora comforting Bloom after waking up.

Here are the first 8! Remember to give credit to Dreaming_Faerie. She is the only one who has uploaded the full pages without no watermarking!
StellaRocks
Wow Thanks so much!
Tiny Dragon
Next 11!

I only scanned this page for Kiko. He's so cute!

The girls with Bloom in bed.

Part 2

Tala, a messanger and supposedly an Ambassador to the underwater world.

Andros underwater kingdom.

Queen Ligea and Tressa

The Winx as they meet them

Queen Ligea (Translated: Mini Water Document - Queen Ligea - Very dear to her people, Ligea is an enlightened queen. She governs with equity and justice.)

Tressa (Translated: Mini Water Document - Tressa - Tressa is a brave siren, energetic and combative. She has a deep connection with her mother, the Queen Ligea.)

Queen Ligea and - oh em gee, I wonder what she's doing!

...Is it me or does that Flora pic look pasted on? Whatever, it still looks good.
Dreaming_faerie
You got them all in! icon_biggrin.gif Thank you! <3

And yeah everyone, as I said in the post, the rest as coming soon. Hopefully tomorrow, but if not then, then Sunday.
Dreaming_faerie
Sure. I'm glad I could share it with everyone. We need better than watermarked images! thumbsup.gif

And ooohh, okay! I'm glad that tinydragon could post them, as I'm still pretty new with a forum like this.
winxclubrox23
Omg! These are gorgeous! Thanks so much for posting these!
Winx4eva!
Wooow! Omigoshies, thanks so much =DD~

Two of those Flora pictures have been passed down...=P
Music123
OMG this is awsome! Thanks so much!!!!
winxclub001
Wow, they are amazing! Thank you very much!
Jahnavi
Woooow! Thanks so much, Dreaming_faerie and TD! ^^
mightymarty2
thanks for the pics
wkw427
Amazing. But why are they in their season 1 outfits? FACEPALM
P-girl
Did they mention the timeline anywhere? It could be like the comic: An alternative continuity, or a side-story. Admittedly that's kinda strange, because Season 3 left almost no room inbetween things for it to happen. I just wonder why it's Bloom having the prophetic dreams.... aren't the mermaids Layla's territory?
wkw427
They are.. Its even Andross gosh darnit
P-girl
Yeah.... *Sigh* I'm trying to be lenient with this book because face it, that's some stellar artwork, I love how they experimented with the tails and once more gave Musa some headphones. Also, let's face it, a big part of the fandom will SQUEAL over the fact that they used the first Transformation outfits.
wkw427
Oh, even though sirene literally translates into siren, it should be mermaid..
P-girl
Yeah.... *Is sad fan of Greek myths*
Dreaming_faerie
QUOTE (P-girl @ Sep 5 2009, 09:42 AM) *
Did they mention the timeline anywhere? It could be like the comic: An alternative continuity, or a side-story. Admittedly that's kinda strange, because Season 3 left almost no room inbetween things for it to happen. I just wonder why it's Bloom having the prophetic dreams.... aren't the mermaids Layla's territory?

I haven't started translating the book yet. All I did so far were the little mini aquatic documents, which starts small facts on the characters. I'm still learning Italian so this would be sort of a project for me to work on. It does look like it takes place some time in season 3, but that's all I know.

And as tinydragon posted from the LJ entry I made, I wasn't sure if sirene would be a direct translation for mermaid. I kept finding it as siren and wasn't sure if any other Italian word would be best suited for mermaid.
wkw427
babelfish says mermaid in italian is sirena.....

I could translate them, plop them into babelfish and change the literal translation to what it means if you want..
dominoprincess
Sirene can mean mermaid in Italian.

For instance, Mermaid Melody the popular Anime, is called "Principesse Sirene: Mermaid Melody" in Italy which translates to Mermaid Princess: Mermaid Melody.

dittadulla
Sirene could also be Mermaids, especially is Siren is one and Sirene then could be the multiple noun.

And these are sooo amazing! Thanks so much Dreaming_Faerie!
wkw427
Well, in both english dubs, they were mermaids, so.. .. it should be mermaid icon_razz.gif
P-girl
Yeah. I don't seen any feathers.
Tiny Dragon
They most likely set this in season 3. They had their season 3 PJs on but no Enchantix.

If you are looking for a time line... you probably shouldn't. This is just one of the many little novels that Italy gets to make the company more money.
Dreaming_faerie
Ooohh, okay. Thanks, dominoprincess!

And it can be plural? Okay, that helps a lot. Thank you dittadulla!

And for the rest, I can translate it. I'm also just beginning a semester and I have other work to do, but I really want to try my hand and see if I'm getting the hang of Italian or not.

And thank you, P-Girl, for the sarcasm. I'm going by a literal translation of the word sirene and was unsure if how it would be in Italian. Thank you everyone else for your help though. <3
P-girl
That was meant as a good-natured joke. Why can't I pull that off with people?
dittadulla
QUOTE (Dreaming_faerie)
And it can be plural? Okay, that helps a lot. Thank you dittadulla!

No problem ^^ {And pssht just call me Ditty =p}
Dreaming_faerie
Humor and sarcasm are hard to tell online because you can't get facial or tone recognition. Everything sounds the same then.

And oops! Sorry Ditty. :3
P-girl
'Kay.... Sorry for the misunderstanding.
dittadulla
No problem, DF (=
{§hani}
omg wow this is brilliant!!
Another Morning
Waaaaaiiiiiii @_____@ So pretty *drool* Thank you both of you, so much!
winxclub-joy
omg, ty for the beautiful images

Felt sad when kiko cried
Tiny Dragon
Again doing this for dreaming_faerie so give her the credit!

dreaming_faerie : More Sirene pics!
Okay, the only new pics I could get up were the main girls in their mermaid attire. I scanned both pages - ones with their tails and ones with their waist and above. I tried joining them, but it didn't work out. The scanner I'm using isn't big enough to do that. I'll either need to find a bigger one or try something else.

Still, here are the pics. icon_biggrin.gif Now, for Musa and Tecna, their tails are intertwined and they aren't given any 'chats from mermaids' bubbles, as well as an identity. I don't know why. I did my best to translate their little profiles and such.

As I said yesterday, please don't watermark and give credit to me for the scans. Tell people about this comm if you're going to spread the pics around. Give credit to where credit is due.

Mini Water Document - Bloom | Mermaid - Special Mark: horn (heart?) of pearls - Identity: perfectly acclimated! - Characteristic: vital submarine energy.

Chats from mermaids - Even Bloom has inside of herself the Flame of the Dragon, it's a perfect water creature.

Chats from mermaids - Watch it! She is capable of looking at herself in the mirror within a shell

Mini Water Document - Stella | Mermaid - Special Mark: Trendy streaked tail - Identity: never not feminine (it literally translated to "feminine like not never" and I have no clue what that means. This was the closest I could get.) - Feature: unchanged vanity

Mini Water Document - Flora | Mermaid - Special Mark: tail like a waterflower - Identity: friendly with animals and submarine plants - Feature: supple movements and elegant

Chats from mermaids - Algae verse is tenderness and corals are moving.

Chats from mermaids - She swims like one of us!

Mini Water Document - Layla | Mermaid - Special Mark: diadem of pearls - Identity: water creature to the umpteenth power - Feature: the fairy of the fluids is in her natural element

Mini Water Document - Musa | Mermaid - Special Mark: style treated - Feature: produces musical bubbles

Mini Water Document - Tecna | Mermaid - Special Mark: extremist top-chic - Feature: studies her reactions to the new environment
Another Morning
Interesting, the way their drawn it almost looks like the tails are more like costumes than them actually turning into mermaids (especially on Bloom's)

Still awesome! Thanks again to both of you!
Music123
Wow these are wonderful quality! Thanks again icon_smile.gif
Tiny Dragon
QUOTE (Another Morning @ Sep 6 2009, 05:02 AM) *
Interesting, the way their drawn it almost looks like the tails are more like costumes than them actually turning into mermaids (especially on Bloom's)

I understand what you are getting at. You can see where their 'knees' are. It almost looks like rubber tails or something instead of the real deal.
dreamywinxgirl94
This is so cool and cute. xD

I think the reason why they are in Winx Form, cause that's the part they didn't get their Enchantix since Layla gets her first. Probably this is the sence where they never meet Baltor/Valtor. It's maybe this episode is a never seen episode. xD Just a little story of them as mermaids. It will be cool if they are in the Series. =)

Thanks Tiny Dragon and Dreaming_Faerie! I will be crediting your LiveJournal, Dreaming_Faerie for the images! =D

Thanks for showing the images. It's just so wonderful. =D

Just beware, some visitors can't understand English...they always like to claim them with watermarks, I'm saying not really most of them...so just be careful.
mightymarty2
thanks for the pics
Dreaming_faerie
Okay, let me copy pasta my entry from LJ over onto here. \o/

Okay, I finally finished scanning all of Sirene in and uploaded them.

Again, remember to credit and refer people to the community if you share. I thought about putting a small watermark on there, but fans should enjoy full, glorious pics. I don't own Winx, I just want people to know I got the book and scanned it in. If you see someone spreading these pics around, either let me know or tell tham to give credit to [info]dreaming_faerie.

I will be trying to translate the book. Because of IRL stuff, that won't happen so quicikly. Still, I hope everyone enjoyed what I showed. Any questions, just ask. I'll try to answer back as quickly as I can.

Remember this? One of the very first mermaid pics released. ♥

Kalia, Nesia, and Tala on one side...

Winx girls on the other.

Mini Water Document - Tala: Mermaid Messenger - In the kingdom of the mermaids, her role is the ambassador of the sea.

Mini Water Document - Kalia: Mermaid of Undersea Flowers - Actually like Flora, Kalia also loves and defends the flowers of her world.
Mini Water Document - Nesia: Mermaid of Sweet Song - She is absolutely the mermaid with the more harmonious voice. She can bring forth sweet sounds, that accompany her song.

Stella amd the Kraken - Part 1

Oh look, part 2!

The five girls (Stella's waving her arms like an idiot. It's okay, I still <3 you bb!) attack!

Lol, everyone remember this pic as one of the first mermaid winx pics out there? :')

As well as this one.

Their love is so flowery.

I'm convinced at this point, they were done and lazy, so hey, why not use old stock photos? Jeans? That sounds good?

Now, there were two larger pictures in this book. They were difficult to scan and I tried to get them as best as I could. One featured Nesia and Tala, while the other featured most of the mermaids and the Winx girls. As I said, I tried to get them all for you guys.

And there you have it. That's basically all the pics from the book. If I can get my hands on a larger scanner, I'll try to get some scans of the two-page/spread out pics.
mightymarty2
thanks for the pics
wkw427
Kaila is Roxy.
P-girl
Except she's a mermaid, not from Earth, has little to no impact on the Seasons whatsoever...... my apologies, I'm still a bit over-reacting over stuff like that.
Dreaming_faerie
Why Roxy? I would think she's like the mermaid version of Flora.
P-girl
It's the pink, long straight hair, I presume. Maybe the narrow facial features.
StellaRocks
wow thanks and i dont think Kaila is Roxy at all.
P-girl
She isn't. This is clearly from before the 4th Season.
wkw427
Eyes, hair, hair color, is the same
P-girl
While it's a more valide claim then Pink hair = TECNA RIP-OFF!, please don't spark something like that. I'm still twitchy.
Another Morning
Mermaid lady has green eyes, I thought Roxy had blue/purple eyes? And the mermaid is missing the yellow tips to her hair. So if we're basing the claim solely on looks (which I don't agree with anyway), it still doesn't work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.